Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    29 Jul 2015 #11
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10

    Yeah the launch was a complete travesty. All they needed to do was provide us with a download status and a p2p enable preload app, problem solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Jul 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by ventanasguy View Post
    When I click on the speaker, down in the bottom right notification area, I get a volume meter that I can slide from 0 to 100. My meter is set at 100 (max), but I use head phones that have their own volume control and that's where I raise it or lower it. What do you get when you click on the speaker in taskbar, far right?
    Same thing? If you want the volume mixer right click it and select volume mixer. System volume in the volume mixer is 0 of 100. I am going to go through and manualy disable every notification sound, should do it. I have my headphones set to 100 and use the software volume controls. It's a bad habbit but I'm used to it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Jul 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa View Post
    Complete and total failure on the part of Microsoft as I still have received no notification as to downloading, even though I did reserve it in advance. Its not much of a launch day when you fail to provide the product to your customers, or even notification of when you're scheduled to receive it.
    I was never able to reserve in advance.... the little icon never showed up in the notification area.... so I went to this site and clicked on the download tool (at bottom of page). It started right away.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Jul 2015 #14
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Home

    I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. Only one minor nagging issue, but it's probably an oversight on my part. I really started liking 8.1 but 10 so far is fun!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Jul 2015 #15
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    California
    Posts : 19
    Windows 7 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by cokest4r View Post
    Yeah the launch was a complete travesty. All they needed to do was provide us with a download status and a p2p enable preload app, problem solved.
    I know, right. At least the customers would know when and where to expect the download and can do other stuff in the interim.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Jul 2015 #16
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    California
    Posts : 19
    Windows 7 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by ventanasguy View Post
    I was never able to reserve in advance.... the little icon never showed up in the notification area.... so I went to this site and clicked on the download tool (at bottom of page). It started right away.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
    Thanks for that link. I'm giving it a try now. Looks promising.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Jul 2015 #17
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    California
    Posts : 362
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    A new experience for Windows 7 users is the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.

    I found that Microsoft has re-realeased an old game that came free with Windows 95, Microsoft Hover. It now runs in Windows 10 and is free.

    Microsoft Hover is a game where you drive a sort of hovercraft / bumper car to collect flags and other objects and compete against time and another computer player.

    It's a fun, free and nostalgic game, Microsoft Hover.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Jul 2015 #18
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Antilope View Post
    A new experience for Windows 7 users is the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.

    I found that Microsoft has re-realeased an old game that came free with Windows 95, Microsoft Hover. It now runs in Windows 10 and is free.

    Microsoft Hover is a game where you drive a sort of hovercraft / bumper car to collect flags and other objects and compete against time and another computer player.

    It's a fun, free and nostalgic game, Microsoft Hover.

    Cool........ will give it a try. Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Jul 2015 #19
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Indianapolis
    Posts : 72
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit

    I got tired of waiting for the official go ahead, so I burned the iso to a DVD and installed it that way over my Win7 Ultimate.

    Everything went well but the only problem is that when I go to access the settings tab in the start menu, it just flashes briefly like it tries to open the settings window, and then disappears, so I can't access anything in the settings. No update checking, just nothing. Everything else seems to work...

    Edit: I can get to the control panel, and I can see Windows Update, but I get this error message when I try to click on it:

    The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

    I can also access the system info window and it shows Windows 10 to be activated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Jul 2015 #20
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5

    Win 10
    Win user since 3.1
    I have learned to like all versions
    Yes even ME and Vista
    Still XPing on one and love it. I think 10 is a more glamor 8.1 geared more to family types.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums