Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    1 Week Ago #21
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,220
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by yafatana View Post
    but before this fail creators update
    bitdefender was installed without any proplem with the start menu
    Bitdefender may not have updated their program. Microsoft can legally block software from being installed by changing the signed certificates. They are still under investigation about having customer user information stolen. Kaspersky is still currently under investigation for some dirty things they did with pulling confidential and top secret documents from government workstations, which should have never happened, if the network was set up to not send them outside of the loop. Both Bitdefender and Kaspersky used known flaws of Microsoft's server and OS products to gain information and exploits that they were not supposed to do in the first place.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    1 Week Ago #22
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 91
    Windows 10

    I do wish people wouldn't use this Bit Defender as the reason for the Start menus issues because many people having this issue don't have Bit Defender. I don't have any 3rd Party AVG and my FCU was a totally clean install (ISO/MCT) on my self-built PC. I had the Start menu issues yesterday after a whole week of the system working fine since FCU was installed by me.

    I carried out Geneos' instructions regarding disabling the Sign-in Info (In Settings), and even though it seems to have worked (at the moment), I can't understand what happened during that week to make this issue arise in the first place. How can it all be fine for a week and then the issue happens for me? It's not like I switched the Sign-in option on in the first place.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    1 Week Ago #23
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,220
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Win7ine View Post
    The only way I managed to get around this problem of ShellExperienceHost crashing for several days now is to perform a proper shutdown
    with >shutdown /s /f . Seems the new type of shutdown introduced with FCU brings a lot of new issues including problems with Plug and Play Device recognition.
    I have yet to have ShellExperienceHost crash on my system. It all depends on what people are loading their systems up with that cause these errors. Those items need to be disclosed when making a post, otherwise you are playing twenty questions to get a simple answer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    1 Week Ago #24
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,220
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnerbean View Post
    I do wish people wouldn't use this Bit Defender as the reason for the Start menus issues because many people having this issue don't have Bit Defender. I don't have any 3rd Party AVG and my FCU was a totally clean install (ISO/MCT) on my self-built PC. I had the Start menu issues yesterday after a whole week of the system working fine since FCU was installed by me.
    I carried out Geneos' instructions regarding disabling the Sign-in Info (In Settings), and even though it seems to have worked (at the moment), I can't understand what happened during that week to make this issue arise in the first place. How can it all be fine for a week and then the issue happens for me? It's not like I switched the Sign-in option on in the first place.
    It is because it becomes the Strawman. The only thing that would cause a freeze when clicking on the taskbar, could be a addon that is doing extra housekeeping, rebuilding the icon cache, or a security program taking too long to scan, because someone has messed with the default scan settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    1 Week Ago #25
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 91
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post

    I have yet to have ShellExperienceHost crash on my system. It all depends on what people are loading their systems up with that cause these errors. Those items need to be disclosed when making a post, otherwise you are playing twenty questions to get a simple answer.
    Well I for one have a totally clean FCU installation. Nothing but W10 on the 'C' Drive. No 3rd party AVG and no apps or programs on it. My Steam Games are on the separate 'D' Drive and things like music files, .txt files, pictures/photos are on their own separate 'E Drive'.

    Now,..perhaps you could give me the simple answer you mention.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    1 Week Ago #26
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Manchester, U.K.
    Posts : 549
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnerbean View Post
    I do wish people wouldn't use this Bit Defender as the reason for the Start menus issues because many people having this issue don't have Bit Defender. I don't have any 3rd Party AVG and my FCU was a totally clean install (ISO/MCT) on my self-built PC. I had the Start menu issues yesterday after a whole week of the system working fine since FCU was installed by me.

    I carried out Geneos' instructions regarding disabling the Sign-in Info (In Settings), and even though it seems to have worked (at the moment), I can't understand what happened during that week to make this issue arise in the first place. How can it all be fine for a week and then the issue happens for me? It's not like I switched the Sign-in option on in the first place.
    I too would love to know why this issue suddenly appeared after several weeks of running perfectly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    1 Week Ago #27
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Right here.
    Posts : 118
    Windows 10

    so it seems that everything, SearchUI and ShellExperienmceHost, etc., is using the Cortana folder, which also is where some telemetry data seems to be sent from you/us to MS. This explains the evil nature of having Cortana active on your system, that MS is truly spying on you and you cant do anything about it without disabling half of your OS.

    It truly bulls**t the amount of malware Microsoft is forcing on us and lying thats its for systematic improvements. All our headaches from crashing and related problem stem only from the desire of MS to farm your data. Win10 is bloated enough with crap most people dont use, what happened to streamlining the OS they promised in years past?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    1 Week Ago #28
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,220
    Mac OS Sierra

    DTG1, Microsoft is not forcing any malware on anyone. The tracking telemetry is for them to try and figure what third party software and their ownmau be causing issues with Windows 10. You can shut down Cortona to the point that it will not call to Bing to match up stuff. I do not let Siei to run on my Macbook Air, because I do not need her to find stuff, when I can do it from the magnifying glass. I put that understanding to how much I have locked down the only computer in our house that runs Windows 10 and it hardly gets used.

    When these reports come out about issues, we may have to start applying the six step process to find out who, what and how. That means having people run Speccy if they suspect hardware or software, more information on what they were doing before the crash happened, what version of Windows, what third party security software they are using, is it a public or private network connection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    1 Week Ago #29
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Right here.
    Posts : 118
    Windows 10

    I consider malware anything you cant uninstall, that doesnt mean disabling it, thats means being able to fully uninstall. OneDrive for example, it falls into malware because of this point exactly, its an unwanted app that cant be uninstalled. I opt for other file sharing like Dropbox. And disabling OneDrive just isnt enough for my satisfaction that MS isnt using it to send telemetry too. You can justify reasons MS does what it does all day but in the end, malware is still defined as unwanted software that you can not casually uninstall by normal means.

    I was happy with SearchUI as it existed before. I dont see you offering how to uninstall Cortana, and I dont mean disabling it. Until that happens, people will continue to have these problems in this thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    1 Week Ago #30
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    México
    Posts : 212
    Windows 10 x64 Home 1703

    I think the telemetry stuff was already explained by Microsoft a while ago abter all that mess they caused for not actually explain that...

    Basically, remember theer are settings for telemetry, being the enhanced one, the option that sends most of your data, that includes typewriting, handwrittin and voice, so Cortana can recognize you, in case you use her full features, while the basic one just sends hardware usage and stability data.

    Now, if you have big concerns about Telemetry, you can disable it, just go to services and look for Customer Experiences and telemetry Service, disable and stop, vuala! No more telemetry for Microsoft.

    Just, be warned, if you want to use Cortana at it's fullest, you will need that service running, otherwise, expect failures, if you are like me, that only use Cortana for searching your files and you just ditch voice and handwriting, then disable the service and be happy. Also to note that this service is known for high CPU and HDD usage, my reason to disable it.

    Easy peacy...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 v1709 / Redstone3 / Creators Update Fall - Pin to start
I've just updated to Creators Update Fall (v1709) but the "Pin to start" is sometimes missing on the right-click context menu. I've also done a clean install of this edition of Windows to a 2nd hard drive from an installation CD to an empty...
Windows Updates and Activation
Sharing not working correctly after fall creators update
I have three Win10 machines in the same workgroup, all with shared folders that the other machines can access. Previously this has been working fine. Two of the machines have just been updated with the fall creators update. What I now find is: ...
Network and Sharing
windows 10 fall creators update start menu button
hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I seem to have a problem at times with the start menu button(left hand corner) does not always work, any help please? thank you, :)
General Support
Solved Fall Creators update breaks older wallpaper menu usage
I've use this: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl, desktop to change my wallpaper settings for so long, I feel lost now that its not usable! Maybe someone with some smarts will fix that for us diehards...
Customization
Solved Recent update: Start menu not working, taskbar icons/clock/volume gone
After a recent compulsory update (13th Dec) to Windows 10, my start menu won't open by clicking on the icon or by the windows key. The search button also doesn't respond. All programs previously pinned to the taskbar no longer appear, even when open...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums