Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1.    3 Weeks Ago #71
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,418
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by roy111 View Post
    Well if you think i can not grasp the meaning of a phrase in my own language, there is no point to answer me in english
    Translations can be tricky, it may asked you to setup an E-mail account to receive E-mail and it doesn't have to be Hotmail or any MS account. I set up several.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    3 Weeks Ago #72
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,941
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by roy111 View Post
    last time i tried to install win 10 with an offline account, during the install procedure i selected "offline account" so the install procedure warned me:

    "you are about to use an offline account but windows 10 works better with an online account, would you like to proceed anyway?"

    so i selected "Yes" meaning that anyway i would like to use an offline account,
    nevertheless i was then asked to insert my email address to configure an online account, so i was literally tricked to use an online account.

    I choose to not trust an OS that tries to trick me like this.
    This is how disinformation, so called fake news spread. Just one word falsely added to get the context to change enough to support your statement, it makes all the difference.

    I use Windows on daily basis in four languages (Finnish, Swedish, English, German), five if you count UK and US English as separate languages. In addition I occasionally install it in Hyper-V in Dutch, French, Spanish and Italian to see how dialogs have changed.

    None of the above mentioned language versions of Windows 10, any version and edition uses the word ANYWAY in context you told about. Quoting you:

    "You are about to use an offline account but windows 10 works better with an online account, would you like to proceed anyway?"
    If that was true, if that one simple word would be in that sentence, your claim would have some ground. But, as the word does not exist in dialogs shown to user who's setting up a local offline account, I can only think of you adding it on purpose to falsely support your statement.

    Here's how the dialog actually looks:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	273.9 KB 
ID:	160148

    There are other versions of the same dialog, one I've seen lately in some language versions having button Maybe later instead of No. Not one of them misleads or tricks user. All of them, in all languages are quite clear just wanting user to confirm he / she really wants a local account, reminding about the benefits of a Microsoft account.

    A clear question: Sign in with Microsoft Instead?

    Clear choices: Yes and No.


    Quote Originally Posted by roy111 View Post
    No man is more blind than the man who refuses to see.
    ... except man who invents facts to support his opinion, refusing to see anything else.


    Quote Originally Posted by roy111 View Post
    Well if you think i can not grasp the meaning of a phrase in my own language, there is no point to answer me in english
    Your time zone puts you in North or Central America. Assuming you are a native of country where you live, further assuming you are a native speaker of one of the languages covered by your given time zone, your language would be English, French or Spanish. I can provide screenshots in any of those three languages, in fact any official Windows 10 language you want to, to show you are wrong.

    Please do not spread disinformation.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    3 Weeks Ago #73
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 161
    OS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    This is how disinformation, so called fake news spread. Just one word falsely added to get the context to change enough to support your statement, it makes all the difference.
    Kari
    I do not know why you would think i would post something to spread disinformation, i think all my post in this forum are available and i always try to state the facts as they are.

    I also do not understand what would be my gain in doing such disinformation activity (?), i may be wrong (this is not the case) and when it happens i have no problems changing my mind.
    Last edited by roy111; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:26. Reason: bad joke LOL
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    3 Weeks Ago #74
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,020
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,
    @roy111, unfortunately you are wrong. No one is attacking you, just presenting you the real facts.


    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    3 Weeks Ago #75
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Posts : 2
    Win 10

    I went back to Win 7 Pro after upgrading to Win 10 pro on one out of two computers that did the upgrade.
    One of the computers would not run Expression Web 4 - a discontinued Microsoft product. Expression Web 4 would revert to a pre-registration screen and not run. I gave up and reverted that one machine back to Win 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    3 Weeks Ago #76
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 161
    OS

    @Kari

    i'm from Italy.

    now i will explain what actually happened during the install of Windows 10 pro 17.03,
    since i made a video (i made a video because it was so weird
    being tricked by a computer personal assistant that i wanted to keep it)
    i'm watching it now it to be sure and that i was correctly remembering,
    the tricky bit is when you reach the account (the image you posted is exactly right)
    and listen to what cortana has to say (the spoken part) which is in contrast with what
    is written
    and is what i translated from italian to english in my previous post,
    this is at least more confusing, so when i answered yes i was asked to insert
    my email account.

    So i hope it is clear now, if you turn off the cortana voice there is no problem,
    if you follow the voice instruction you get tricked in saying "yes" to the dialog
    (i'm talking about the italian voice)

    i hope it's clear enough to not spread disinformation.

    all the best!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    3 Weeks Ago #77
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 161
    OS

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,
    @roy111, unfortunately you are wrong. No one is attacking you, just presenting you the real facts.


    Cheers,
    it's a joke i do not think someone is attacking me (removing from the post)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    3 Weeks Ago #78
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 161
    OS

    Quote Originally Posted by fdegrove View Post
    Hi,
    @roy111, unfortunately you are wrong.

    Cheers,
    An BTW i'm not wrong just read what actually happened in my previous post

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    3 Weeks Ago #79
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,020
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Looks as if Cortana flunked her Italian exam then................

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    3 Weeks Ago #80
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,941
    Windows 10 Pro

    @roy111: My sincere apologies!

    I was going to post something along the lines "When you are wrong you need to be willing to admit it." Now it seems I have to big enough man to follow my own advice and admit that you were right, I was wrong.

    I have nothing to say to defend myself. I falsely accused you of spreading disinformation because I take spreading disinformation about Windows quite seriously, being as it looks like somewhat oversensitive. My post was based on my own personal experience. The fact that said experience from Italian Windows 10 (as well as Spanish and French ones) is solely based on installing it on Hyper-V virtual machines which at setup phase have no audio device hence no Cortana to read aloud instructions is no reason for me to post "facts" without checking them first. I should know better, do as I teach

    I am an old school geek, basically always angry and I tend to remind other members to check the facts before posting. This time, I posted without a fact check. You mentioning how the screen shows something but Cortana tells something else made me install Italian Windows 10 on real, physical hardware to hear what Cortana actually says in Italian. I understand Italian well enough to understand that the word anyway which I said is not there actually is there, and in such a way that it clearly misleads user ("tricks" as you said) to create a Microsoft account even if intention was to go with an offline local account.

    Here's a short video I captured from the process to show our fellow members, too, that I was wrong and you were right:



    What Cortana tells user when user has clicked Offline account:

    Stai per configurare un account offline, ma voglio assicurarmi che tu sappia che Windows funziona molto meglio con un account Microsoft. Vuoi continuare comunque?
    It literally translates as follows:

    You are about to set up an offline account, but I want to make sure that you know that Windows works much better with a Microsoft account. Do you want to continue anyway?
    The question is asked in a way that clearly implies that by answering Si (yes) to question "continuing anyway" you will continue with offline local account, which in fact is not true; to continue with local account you need to click No. The question is stunningly misleadingly formulated!

    Long story short: you were right, I was terribly wrong. I am really sorry.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 now decided to not let me use Firefox anymore as default
Windows 10 now decided to not let me use Firefox anymore as default browser, although in Settings Firefox IS indicated as the default browser, as it has been for many months now. How can I FORCE Win10 to really restore Firefox as the default...
Browsers and Email
Computer acted up 4 months ago, decided to finally try to fix it
I don't know the model number as I took off the sticker on the bottom, which was a ****ing stupid move, as that has everything I need to know about the ****ing computer when trying to fix it. Sorry for the harsh language, but I'm still frustrated...
Drivers and Hardware
My MSI decided to bsod, and now I can't get back on it.
Sorry in advance if I make any mistakes. As I am a computer novice. So I am running an msi gaming g series computer, and I just got it a few days ago. It hasn't really had any problems until now, I shut it down with Skype running (which I've done...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
decided to do clean install from dvd
Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those two of 350MB and 450MB size? Will i still get that unallocated space and be able to do install...
Installation and Upgrade
WIndows decided to narrate everything I do. :\
Took me quite a while to realize that I accidentally pressed Windows + Enter. This is quite a frustrating feature, and I don't really see how people are going to use it. What do you think about this feature ?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums