Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1.    3 Weeks Ago #101
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 2,090
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64

    Hi,
    It's so cute you think MS doesn't track your every move using a local account lol
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    3 Weeks Ago #102

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Yes, I understood that. I just explained why it might be a good idea to always use a local account when setting up Windows, even if you want to use Microsoft account when setup is done.

    In my opinion installing without network connection only to assure user gets initial account as a local account is somewhat overreacting, but my point was that even a Microsoft account user might want to do it to be sure, then when on desktop connect to network and switch to Microsoft account.
    Hi everyone.

    not wishing to hijack the thread but I for the life of me cannot understand why one would ever need to use a Ms account.

    Local works fine and with people like Google etc devising "targeting individual advertising" depending on your browsing history etc I just can't see the point of adding yet another way of getting an ever increasing amount of junk e-mail.

    I find it irritating enough whenever you contact a service such as a utility you always get a mega annoying follow on email asking how did you find the service even if you had to wait 45 mins on a phone and eventually get contacted by some almost non understandable Indian / Vietnamese etc from a hideous call centre. I don't want a load of unwanted "special offers" or "targeted advertisements" from Microsoft or anywhere else thank you very much,

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    3 Weeks Ago #103
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 2,090
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi everyone.

    not wishing to hijack the thread but I for the life of me cannot understand why one would ever need to use a Ms account.

    Local works fine and with people like Google etc devising "targeting individual advertising" depending on your browsing history etc I just can't see the point of adding yet another way of getting an ever increasing amount of junk e-mail.

    I find it irritating enough whenever you contact a service such as a utility you always get a mega annoying follow on email asking how did you find the service even if you had to wait 45 mins on a phone and eventually get contacted by some almost non understandable Indian / Vietnamese etc from a hideous call centre. I don't want a load of unwanted "special offers" or "targeted advertisements" from Microsoft or anywhere else thank you very much,

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Hi,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    3 Weeks Ago #104
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,941
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    Hi,
    It's so cute you think MS doesn't track your every move using a local account lol
    Some posts from representants of tinfoil hat brigade make me laugh, some make me feel sorry for the poster, all of them make me wish poster can get professional help and medication checked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    3 Weeks Ago #105
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 4,475
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    It's so cute you think MS doesn't track your every move using a local account lol
    It's a matter of degree, privacy is set to lowest possible disclosure (basic crash reports OK - browser and feature usage NOT), Cortana has never had my permission to 'get to know me', HOSTS tables can block a lot else - and MS can't read my (non-MS) email account and target 'useful' suggestion at me
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    3 Weeks Ago #106
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,855
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by slicendice View Post
    Great catch! There is always problems with translations. This is not just Windows but everywhere. However MS should have checked things like this before release.
    An old English joke is:

    Person 1: I need a loaf of bread.

    Person 2: That's ok - I've got a bike.

    Narrator - Well it was funny in Russian.

    Oddly enough, Italian translates quite well word for word into English. French on the other hand.....

    When I worked in Paris (greatest city on Earth), I discovered a lot of Parisians would go and see films in English rather than dubbed into French because they said a lot if the humour was lost in translation.

    James Bond films are a good example, as they use a lot of puns. Who could ever forget the classic line at end of Moonraker, when JB is making love to a girl in the capsule and the Queen asks "what is he doing?" and M replies "I think he is practicing re-entry"!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    3 Weeks Ago #107
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Yes, I understood that. I just explained why it might be a good idea to always use a local account when setting up Windows, even if you want to use Microsoft account when setup is done.
    I get your point as well and actually like the suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    In my opinion installing without network connection only to assure user gets initial account as a local account is somewhat overreacting,
    Agree.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    3 Weeks Ago #108
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,020
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Some posts from representants of tinfoil hat brigade make me laugh, some make me feel sorry for the poster, all of them make me wish poster can get professional help and medication checked.
    Hey, they got their tinfoil hat, you got your supply of the finest single malt scotch, right ?
    That's if my telemetric data is any good....

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    3 Weeks Ago #109

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
    Hi,
    It's so cute you think MS doesn't track your every move using a local account lol
    There are ways of controlling network traffic.. besides a local account is "anonymous". How can they target you? Within Windows you can have random HW addresses - The info they collect is for their own use to provide monetisation and Windows cheaper.. not so?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Hi everyone.

    not wishing to hijack the thread but I for the life of me cannot understand why one would ever need to use a Ms account.

    Local works fine and with people like Google etc devising "targeting individual advertising" depending on your browsing history etc I just can't see the point of adding yet another way of getting an ever increasing amount of junk e-mail.

    I find it irritating enough whenever you contact a service such as a utility you always get a mega annoying follow on email asking how did you find the service even if you had to wait 45 mins on a phone and eventually get contacted by some almost non understandable Indian / Vietnamese etc from a hideous call centre. I don't want a load of unwanted "special offers" or "targeted advertisements" from Microsoft or anywhere else thank you very much,

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Agreed!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    3 Weeks Ago #110
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,570
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    not wishing to hijack the thread but I for the life of me cannot understand why one would ever need to use a Ms account.
    LOL - That's actually the question I asked, and Kari and I were discussing
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 now decided to not let me use Firefox anymore as default
Windows 10 now decided to not let me use Firefox anymore as default browser, although in Settings Firefox IS indicated as the default browser, as it has been for many months now. How can I FORCE Win10 to really restore Firefox as the default...
Browsers and Email
Computer acted up 4 months ago, decided to finally try to fix it
I don't know the model number as I took off the sticker on the bottom, which was a ****ing stupid move, as that has everything I need to know about the ****ing computer when trying to fix it. Sorry for the harsh language, but I'm still frustrated...
Drivers and Hardware
My MSI decided to bsod, and now I can't get back on it.
Sorry in advance if I make any mistakes. As I am a computer novice. So I am running an msi gaming g series computer, and I just got it a few days ago. It hasn't really had any problems until now, I shut it down with Skype running (which I've done...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
decided to do clean install from dvd
Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those two of 350MB and 450MB size? Will i still get that unallocated space and be able to do install...
Installation and Upgrade
WIndows decided to narrate everything I do. :\
Took me quite a while to realize that I accidentally pressed Windows + Enter. This is quite a frustrating feature, and I don't really see how people are going to use it. What do you think about this feature ?
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums