Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1.    4 Weeks Ago #81
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,649
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    It would be very late this evening into the AM. If tomorrow is not available how about Monday evening?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    4 Weeks Ago #82
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Posts : 81
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by zbook View Post
    It would be very late this evening into the AM. If tomorrow is not available how about Monday evening?
    Can do tomorrow as well
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    4 Weeks Ago #83
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,649
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    1) When you power on the computer what do you see?
    2) Do you see any icons?
    3) Do you see any rotating dots?
    4) Are you able to get to the computer's windows advanced troubleshooting menu?
    5) Find 3 flash drives that you can format
    6) make a bootable flash drive with the latest windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    7) make a bootable flash drive with Memtest86+ version 5.01
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    8) save a flash drive for a bootable recovery drive

    Boot to the recovery drive and open Administrator X: \windows\system32.cmd.exe

    1) diskpart
    diskpart>
    2) list disk
    disk status size free dyn gpt
    3) select disk 0
    disk 0 is now the selected disk
    4) list volume
    volume ltr label fs type size status info
    5) list partition
    6) look under fs for fat32; look under info for system; are they displaying the same volume?
    7) look under ltr to see the letter for this volume. Is it blank or is there already a letter?
    7) If there is no ltr assign a letter for example G:
    assign letter=G:
    diskpart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point
    8) exit
    9) cd /d G:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    or
    cd /d G:\Boot\
    or
    cd /d G:\ESD\Windows\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    10) run each of these commands
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /rebuildbcd


    11) Post images into the thread.

    Reboot
    Let us know the progress.
    If the above does not work will attempt some other steps including another registry repair.
    Maybe tomorrow evening?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    4 Weeks Ago #84
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Posts : 81
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by zbook View Post
    1) When you power on the computer what do you see?
    2) Do you see any icons?
    3) Do you see any rotating dots?
    4) Are you able to get to the computer's windows advanced troubleshooting menu?
    5) Find 3 flash drives that you can format
    6) make a bootable flash drive with the latest windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    7) make a bootable flash drive with Memtest86+ version 5.01
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    8) save a flash drive for a bootable recovery drive

    Boot to the recovery drive and open Administrator X: \windows\system32.cmd.exe

    1) diskpart
    diskpart>
    2) list disk
    disk status size free dyn gpt
    3) select disk 0
    disk 0 is now the selected disk
    4) list volume
    volume ltr label fs type size status info
    5) list partition
    6) look under fs for fat32; look under info for system; are they displaying the same volume?
    7) look under ltr to see the letter for this volume. Is it blank or is there already a letter?
    7) If there is no ltr assign a letter for example G:
    assign letter=G:
    diskpart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point
    8) exit
    9) cd /d G:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    or
    cd /d G:\Boot\
    or
    cd /d G:\ESD\Windows\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    10) run each of these commands
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /rebuildbcd


    11) Post images into the thread.

    Reboot
    Let us know the progress.
    If the above does not work will attempt some other steps including another registry repair.
    Maybe tomorrow evening?
    I can see the windows square "green" icon and the swiring cirlces while trying to boot up. Then screen goes black. I hard shut down and boot into recovery, but none of the recovery options work. Can't image recovery, won't boot into any safe mode, cant system recover, can't system restore, can't even restore to a previos build
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    4 Weeks Ago #85
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,649
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    Power on and as soon as you see the windows icon power off.
    Power on again an as soon as you see the windows icon power off.
    Power on again and see if it opens the windows recovery or advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Sometimes this may need to be repeated. It typically takes 2 power on to the Microsoft icon to boot to the windows advanced troubleshooting menu. The timing for the power off is important and should be as soon as you see the Microsoft icon.

    If you cannot open the windows advanced troubleshooting menu then boot to the windwos 10 iso:
    There is a keyboard key to boot to a device.
    Each computer manufacturer has a different keyboard key.
    View this link and find the applicable key:
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    Place the windows 10 iso flash drive into either USB3 or USB2 port.
    Power on and click the applicable keyboard key.
    Boot to the external hard drive which should be the windows 10 iso.
    Then follow the steps in the prior post for Administrator X:\Windows\system32.cmd.exe

    When using the windows 10 iso make sure you give it 5 - 10 minutes to load while viewing the windows icon.
    Do not click install as this will lead to the menu to delete partitions, format, make unallocated drive and reinstall windows. All files and applications will be deleted.
    Instead look in the lower left and click on "repair your computer"
    Click language, time, currency, and keyboard.

    Catch up with you very very late tonight or tomorrow.
    Please post images into the thread.
    Last edited by zbook; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:22.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    4 Weeks Ago #86
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,649
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    Were you able to attempt any of the troubleshooting steps?
    Please post images into the thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    3 Weeks Ago #87
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Posts : 81
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by zbook View Post
    Were you able to attempt any of the troubleshooting steps?
    Please post images into the thread.
    No. I wont be able to until today. One of the USB ports on the side appears to be loose so I can't use the USB flash drive
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    3 Weeks Ago #88
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,649
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    To attempt to fix the drive there are multiple options:
    1) The computer's windows advanced troubleshooting menu
    2) Windows 10 iso advanced troubleshooting menu (this will require a working USB3 or USB2 port or possibly an optical drive)
    3) Drive recovery disk (this will require a working USB3 or USB2 port or possibly an optical drive)
    4) moving the drive to another computer

    The most options are with the computer's windows advanced troubleshooting menu.

    How many USB3 and USB2 ports are there and can you find 1 working port?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    3 Weeks Ago #89
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Posts : 81
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by zbook View Post
    To attempt to fix the drive there are multiple options:
    1) The computer's windows advanced troubleshooting menu
    2) Windows 10 iso advanced troubleshooting menu (this will require a working USB3 or USB2 port or possibly an optical drive)
    3) Drive recovery disk (this will require a working USB3 or USB2 port or possibly an optical drive)
    4) moving the drive to another computer

    The most options are with the computer's windows advanced troubleshooting menu.

    How many USB3 and USB2 ports are there and can you find 1 working port?
    Stand by....I had to fix my USB ports (loose)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    3 Weeks Ago #90
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Posts : 81
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdatz View Post
    Stand by....I had to fix my USB ports (loose)
    USB ports fixed and am now able to continue. How shall I proceed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Preparing automatic repair - stuck - Desktop won't load Windows, stuck
Hello everyone, hope some experts can read and maybe help me out. I am frustrated. I have a problem which I tried to research first in many forums,videos, etc., and now I am exhausted after a couple of weeks tryingto find a solution.I bought at...
General Support
Win10 cannot load, stuck in recovery mode with various error codes.
Hello, I have a Samsung series 7 from 2012 that originally came with windows 7 and I upgraded it around 9 months to windows 10. One day my laptop was fine, the next it was stuck in the recovery screen with I believe a message of 0xc00000e9....
General Support
Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour
Should I be worried. I upgraded from Win 7. It took me to the welcome screen and when I typed in my password it would just hang. Then go black and reboot. So I pressed ctrl alt delete and options came up. I decided to just reinstall basically...
Installation and Upgrade
Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load
Hello, I recently started getting a black screen when trying to turn on my laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. I am unable to download the DM log collector tool since I cannot use my computer at all. It stays on the black screen even if I let it...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Windows 10 Stuck in Load Screen BEGGING FOR HELP
I had a dual monitor set up and one day both monitors froze and the computer shut itself down. Ever since, when turning on the PC this is as far as I can get: IMG 5324 - YouTube . This cycles forever and does not progress to any other screen...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums