Windows 10: Lots of Creators Fall Update Problems on the Forum!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.    4 Weeks Ago #51

    Here is a list of common complaints I have seen on other foums:

    1) Candy Crush has reinstalled

    2) text in file explorer is not properly centralised

    3) It took four hours to upgrade (but is ok)

    4) apps keep restarting on reboot (we know way round that)

    5) there is a spelling mistake in menus (changed instead of changes)

    6) I cannot see files on demand (we know way round that)

    7) It has installed old drivers again

    etc. etc.


    Reality is most issues are easily sorted.

    I have seen very few major bugs like we had on AU e.g. the camera bug, hard drives partitions being deleted etc,

    I have seen very few, it did not upgrade etc.

    Overall, I think based on comments I have seen, this has been the smoothest upgrade of all (and I was openly sceptical this would be the case with uup).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,512
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       4 Weeks Ago #52

    cereberus said: View Post
    Here is a list of common complaints I have seen on other forums:
    1)...
    ...7)...
    ...etc. etc.

    Reality is most issues are easily sorted...
    In that 'easily sorted' category I can add:

    8) Turned Fast Start up on (if it was off before)
    9) Turned on auto Defrag for all drives. ( (if it was set to only defrag C: before)
    10) Reset default image viewer to Photos (if it was set to something else before)
    11) Turned back on Store auto-update apps. (if it was set to 'manual' before)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       4 Weeks Ago #53

    Cajunswabbie said: View Post
    I down loaded the Media Creation Tool and made a ISO. I then used the ISO to upgrade my Dell XPS 8700 Desktop. Installed with no problems. Went quick and easy. The upgrade only un-installed one third party program, which was Winaero Solitaire. One other little problem is I have 3 Cruzer Glide flash drives and CFU absolutely refuses to recognize one of them. No big problem there as it works fine on my HP Notebook with an older version of Windows 10. In Device Manager it shows Unknown USB (Device Descriptor Request Failed). Just throwing in my ½ cent.
    I understood that installing an ISO from the Media Creation Tool results in a clean install, which in turn erases everything on the drive (in my case an SSD) including third party programs living there, which all have to be reinstalled - a major task. in my case involving Photoshop, InDesign and many others.

    How come your installation of the ISO un-installed only one of your third part programs?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 29,021
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       4 Weeks Ago #54

    Stevekir said: View Post
    I understood that installing an ISO from the Media Creation Tool results in a clean install, which in turn erases everything on the drive (in my case an SSD) including third party programs living there, which all have to be reinstalled - a major task. in my case involving Photoshop, InDesign and many others.

    How come your installation of the ISO un-installed only one of your third part programs?
    A clean install from the ISO made with Media Creation Tool will, as with any other ISO and clean install, wipe everything and start fresh. I.E. - Clean. Running the ISO with In-Place Upgrade gives options of what to keep. Running Media Creation Tool with update option or Windows Update Assistant will not blow anything away - unless the app/prog is incompatible and simply will not run on FCU. Options there are try to re-install it, or install it with win 8 or 7 compatibility.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    4 Weeks Ago #55

    Edge issue after update


    Here's an oddity....

    For some odd reason after sometime in Edge, (around an hour) it suddenly loses focus and I can't right click links and copy them. Same goes for text or images. I have to use Ctrl +C to copy. Or completely close out of Edge and go back in again. Didn't have this till after the Fall Update.

    Anyone else seeing this?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    4 Weeks Ago #56

    Stevekir said: View Post
    I understood that installing an ISO from the Media Creation Tool results in a clean install, which in turn erases everything on the drive (in my case an SSD) including third party programs living there, which all have to be reinstalled - a major task. in my case involving Photoshop, InDesign and many others.

    How come your installation of the ISO un-installed only one of your third part programs?
    He didn't do a clean install. He just used the MCT ISO to do the upgrade locally. I did the same thing on one of my PC's. I downloaded the ISO, mounted it, then ran setup.exe. All from the currently installed and booted too OS. It's does an upgrade from the files in the ISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 376
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709 16299.19
       4 Weeks Ago #57

    Overall working fine now, I did have a PID Text file in my sources folder with Pro Generic Key even
    But even that didn't prevent it picking up home during clean install why I don't know, but all in all got it working perfectly again, so i'm happy

    Staying away from Beta testing applications now

    keeping one antivirus installed, not switching back and forth this time like I used to and system should stay clean and run great for a long long time

    Took me hours with Microsoft Answer tech chat to get it properly working on the 17th on Pro x64 Edition, but now that it's working i'm happy as can be
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    4 Weeks Ago #58

    sygnus21 said: View Post
    Here's an oddity....

    For some odd reason after sometime in Edge, (around an hour) it suddenly loses focus and I can't right click links and copy them. Same goes for text or images. I have to use Ctrl +C to copy. Or completely close out of Edge and go back in again. Didn't have this till after the Fall Update.

    Anyone else seeing this?
    Anyone?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       4 Weeks Ago #59

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    A clean install from the ISO made with Media Creation Tool will, as with any other ISO and clean install, wipe everything and start fresh. I.E. - Clean. Running the ISO with In-Place Upgrade gives options of what to keep. Running Media Creation Tool with update option or Windows Update Assistant will not blow anything away - unless the app/prog is incompatible and simply will not run on FCU. Options there are try to re-install it, or install it with win 8 or 7 compatibility.
    Thanks. I always have a recent Macrium image of my C drive on my SSD and that would be my first choice following a crash etc. but its good to have another recovery route.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 29,021
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       4 Weeks Ago #60

    Stevekir said: View Post
    Thanks. I always have a recent Macrium image of my C drive on my SSD and that would be my first choice following a crash etc. but its good to have another recovery route.
    Those MR images are also nice because you can mount them thru MR and pick at the files and copy if needed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Fall Creators Update in General Support
Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not.
Solved Oct 17 Creators Fall update in Installation and Upgrade
Why is the Fall Creators update coming on Sunday instead of Tuesday? I still haven't received the April Creators update. Will Fall update skip the April update? Just curious.
Fall Creators Update in General Support
Anyone know what changes or improvements will be in the fall update?
Read more: Microsoft will call Windows 10's next update the 'Autumn Creators Update' in the UK | Windows Central Update: The Windows 10 Autumn Creators Update will be called 'Fall Creators Update' after all | Windows Central
The picture probably explains better, not sure why they've been created, they are all access is denied. Delete? https://s7.postimg.org/smtrvwz6z/CU_Folder_shortcuts.png
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:47.
Find Us