Windows 10: How do I get the Windows list back? (I don't know what it's called) Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    03 Oct 2017 #1

    How do I get the Windows list back? (I don't know what it's called)


    What happened to that long list that used to come up when I pressed the Window key? There used to be an alphabetical list on the left which 90% of the time is how I find things that aren't in those boxes on the right. Now it's gone. What happened and how do I get it back?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    03 Oct 2017 #2

    Is this happening with windows 10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 8,027
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       03 Oct 2017 #3

    mmmjv said: View Post
    What happened to that long list that used to come up when I pressed the Window key? There used to be an alphabetical list on the left which 90% of the time is how I find things that aren't in those boxes on the right. Now it's gone. What happened and how do I get it back?
    Welcome to TenForums @mmmjv

    If you mean the All Apps list, it's a user option whether it's shown expanded or available from an icon. This tutorial should help.
    Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    03 Oct 2017 #4

    See if this helps: Settings > Personalization > Start > turn on Show app list in start menu
    EDIT: Sorry Bree, I didn't notice you had already posted the answer
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    03 Oct 2017 #5

    Yes this is Windows 10That didn't work. I turned Show App List in Start Menu and the list still isn't there
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 8,027
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       03 Oct 2017 #6

    Which version and os build of Windows 10? Run Winver to find out.

    Even if hidden, there should be an icon for the All Apps list on Start, Do you have that? It's the one highlighted with the second red box here...

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    03 Oct 2017 #7

    Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)That icon does bring up the list. But now they're all scattered, how do I make it so it's like in the picture? That's how it was before.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 31,200
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18214
       03 Oct 2017 #8

    Hello mmmjv, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing what you see to see if it may reveal what's going on.

    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums Tutorials

    It sounds like you may have your Start screen set to full screen. Turning this off should restore it to normal.

    Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,027
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       03 Oct 2017 #9

    Brink said: View Post
    It sounds like you may have your Start screen set to full screen...
    or maybe Tablet Mode...

    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    03 Oct 2017 #10

    Thank you :)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	App list.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	353.2 KB 
ID:	156357

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello mmmjv, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    Please go ahead and post a screenshot showing what you see to see if it may reveal what's going on.

    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums Tutorials

    It sounds like you may have your Start screen set to full screen. Turning this off should restore it to normal.

    Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I have a phantom app on my app list called "ms-resource:DisplayName". I can't uninstall it. I can't find where it is linked to. How do I get rid of it? 150330
I found the method to add items to the start list, but its missing certain things, for instance the control panel and the shell: games folder. I want to be able to add those options to the start list and also make them expanded lists so I dont have...
In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking...
In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking...
As the title suggests, everything seems to have disappeared, and if this means re-entering everything, then balls to that! any help much appreciated!
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.
Find Us