Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10 64-bit
       29 Jul 2015 #1

    [SOLVED] "Education" vs. "Multiple Editions"


    Windows 10 is now posted on Dreamspark for students, but there are two versions (see attachment)--an "Education" edition and a "Multiple Editions" version. Does anyone know what the difference is between these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDU vs Multiple.PNG  
    Last edited by Vaindil; 29 Jul 2015 at 14:06.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 8.1 Pro
       29 Jul 2015 #2

    I would like to know it too!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       29 Jul 2015 #3

    Windows 10 "Multiple Editions"


    Vaindil said: View Post
    Windows 10 is now posted on Dreamspark for students, but there are two versions (see attachment)--an "Education" edition and a "Multiple Editions" version. Does anyone know what the difference is between these?
    According with MSDN portal (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sub.../#FileId=64695), the "Multiple Editions" does include Windows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Home.

    Hope it helps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10 64-bit
       29 Jul 2015 #4

    I ended up downloading both and checking them with the following command:
    Code:
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim
    star is correct, the "Multiple Editions" ISO contains 10 Home and 10 Pro, whereas the Education ISO is (obviously) just the Education edition.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Berlin
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Jul 2015 #5

    Vaindil said: View Post
    I ended up downloading both and checking them with the following command:
    Code:
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim
    star is correct, the "Multiple Editions" ISO contains 10 Home and 10 Pro, whereas the Education ISO is (obviously) just the Education edition.
    But you only get one key for the "Windows 10 Multiple Editions 32/64-bit", so can the key activate both home and pro?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 25
    Windows 10 64-bit
       30 Jul 2015 #6

    TheOne320 said: View Post
    But you only get one key for the "Windows 10 Multiple Editions 32/64-bit", so can the key activate both home and pro?
    That I do not know. I would say it probably works on either, but that would be very abnormal for MS to do. I'm only going to activate the Education edition when I install tonight, but once I'm up and running I can spin up a couple VMs to check activation on each of the two editions. I'll report back afterward.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Berlin
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Jul 2015 #7

    Ok, I found out, that the key is for the Pro version.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 7
       30 Jul 2015 #8

    Vaindil said: View Post
    That I do not know. I would say it probably works on either, but that would be very abnormal for MS to do. I'm only going to activate the Education edition when I install tonight, but once I'm up and running I can spin up a couple VMs to check activation on each of the two editions. I'll report back afterward.
    Be careful with that; apparently the EDU key you get from DreamSpark will expire when your college/university/institution sets your account status to graduate. Source: my boss at college.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows
       31 Jul 2015 #9

    TheOne320
    and
    Vaindil


    Did you both did CLEAN install using DreamSpark Multipal Edition Windows 10 Key (Format full hard drive and install fresh)
    OR
    you have to do UPGRADE first from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 and Then you use the DreamSpark key to do clean install???

    I also got the multiple editions
    key but i do not want to do Upgrade. I want to do Fresh Clean Install.

    So please let me know how you used DreamSpack Key to install Windows 10.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Berlin
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       31 Jul 2015 #10

    The Dreamspark versions always allow a clean install. The method you described is only needed because the free 7/8->10 upgrade does not give you a license key that can be activated separately.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10
Is there any way to delete these system folders. I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created. Thanks
General Support
Not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns
Hi In Windows 10, how I do not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns of the Start menu? Thanks Bye
General Support
Solved Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?
I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain :( If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive...
General Support
Solved Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc.
I've installed Build 10041 and upgrade to 10049 three times now, each time I was able to do a search for Windows Update or Sound which would show me the correct results but this time, I'm not getting the right results. In the past I would do a Reset...
Software and Apps
Solved Nvidia, Span Multiple Monitors, "Store" problem
If you are running multiple monitors with Nvidia cards, you can span multiple monitors. In order to do that you need to use the Nvidia Control Panel. When you select a change in the Nvidia Control Panel, it will check to see if any utility is...
Graphic Cards
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums