Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows
       29 Jul 2015 #1

    Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron


    Hi.
    I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 7000 series (7548).
    Installed Windows 10 and about 15 seconds after logging in I keep getting an error message about an internal power failure. What an absolute f#$% up. I have never had a problem with the laptop.
    Anyone got any ideas? I tried the Restore System Point option but it says that there aren't any system points saved.
    Help would be appreciated.
    (i happen to have an old laptop which is what i'm using to send this).
    Thx,

    J
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       29 Jul 2015 #2

    I have the same computer and the same exactly problem. Someone please help!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    win 10
       29 Jul 2015 #3

    Same issue here, same laptop... Am going to try the following:

    Internal Power Error - upgrading Windows 10 - HP Support Forum - 5168643
    All you need is to:

    1. Login to safe mode: (I kept shift held when I restarted from the login screen a few times)

    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> Safe mode -> minimal -> OK -> Restart

    2. Uninstal drivers
    a. Right click on My Computer
    b. Devices
    c. Uninstal Graphic and Network drivers - it can be one of them
    Try to uninstal all possible drivers
    d. Restart PC

    3. Return from safe mode
    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> unclick Safe mode -> OK -> Restart

    Will let you guys know how it goes, safe mode works but only the touch screen....


      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows
       29 Jul 2015 #4

    If you uninstall the drivers...a) how do you know which one was the problem and b) you'll need to reinstall them at some point right?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       29 Jul 2015 #5

    MGR said: View Post
    Same issue here, same laptop... Am going to try the following:

    Internal Power Error - upgrading Windows 10 - HP Support Forum - 5168643
    All you need is to:

    1. Login to safe mode: (I kept shift held when I restarted from the login screen a few times)

    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> Safe mode -> minimal -> OK -> Restart

    2. Uninstal drivers
    a. Right click on My Computer
    b. Devices
    c. Uninstal Graphic and Network drivers - it can be one of them
    Try to uninstal all possible drivers
    d. Restart PC

    3. Return from safe mode
    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> unclick Safe mode -> OK -> Restart

    Will let you guys know how it goes, safe mode works but only the touch screen....


    I saw that before. I entered safe mode with WIN + R and made a factory reset instead. I decided to install WIN 10 after they fix that problem first. It's a shame I lost all my data tho. :/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    win 10
       29 Jul 2015 #6

    Checking the Dell Support page - a huge "this device has been tested to work with Windows 10" makes me shake my head.

    It seems to be an issue with the Driver of the secondary GFX Card. What worked for me was uninstalling only the GFX driver. If you didn't de-select the option for Win10 to automatically upgrade drivers, the fix will work for a few minutes and then return (once the new driver was automatically reinstalled).

    Disable automatic device driver download in Windows 10

    Its obviously not a long term fix, I want all of my computer to work - but hopefully it will get others up and running again long enough for someone smarter (or Dell) to come to our rescue... Hope this works for you too!

    I'll post again should I find anything!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1
    Win10
       29 Jul 2015 #7

    I had the same issue, had to do the following:

    1. Login to safe mode
    2. Remove Intel HD Graphics driver and AMD R7 265 drivers
    3. Disable AMD R7 hardware

    4. Reboot and login to normal mode
    5. Let windows download the driver for Intel HD Graphics (Make sure AMD is disabled)

    6. Problem hasn't returned so far, but AMD is permanently disabled. As soon as I enable it the machine shows the BSOD.

    It is a shame that they didn't even test this upgrade path in one fairly new machine model, but for now having AMD disabled has prevented the BSOD from happening.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    WIndows 10 Update
       29 Jul 2015 #8

    I have the same internal power error after installing windows 10 update on my new dell inspiron.

    Now restoring my PC to factory settings with 8.1.

    Will wait a few weeks before trying this update agn and when windows 10 OS is stable..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       29 Jul 2015 #9

    jmgold said: View Post
    Hi.
    I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 7000 series (7548).
    Installed Windows 10 and about 15 seconds after logging in I keep getting an error message about an internal power failure. What an absolute f#$% up. I have never had a problem with the laptop.
    Anyone got any ideas? I tried the Restore System Point option but it says that there aren't any system points saved.
    Help would be appreciated.
    (i happen to have an old laptop which is what i'm using to send this).
    Thx,

    J
    I have the same machine as well. I had to boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode I see the AMD video driver was incorrect. Driver was showing radeon m265, where on my laptop its an m270. I disabled the amd m265 and then rebooted. Finally got into windows 10. I went to device manager and removed the m265 (chose to delete driver as well). Went to dells site and downloaded the correct driver, but had to download the version for windows 8.1. When I installed that, it still showed the m265.

    Ran windows update and it downloaded the m270 driver and installed it. I rebooted after install and have not had any further issues. Device manager shows my video card correctly as the radeon m270 and both intel and amd cards are enabled. Hope this helps!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    WIndows 10 Update
       29 Jul 2015 #10

    matyou98 said: View Post
    I have the same machine as well. I had to boot into safe mode. Once in safe mode I see the AMD video driver was incorrect. Driver was showing radeon m265, where on my laptop its an m270. I disabled the amd m265 and then rebooted. Finally got into windows 10. I went to device manager and removed the m265 (chose to delete driver as well). Went to dells site and downloaded the correct driver, but had to download the version for windows 8.1. When I installed that, it still showed the m265.

    Ran windows update and it downloaded the m270 driver and installed it. I rebooted after install and have not had any further issues. Device manager shows my video card correctly as the radeon m270 and both intel and amd cards are enabled. Hope this helps!
    Thanks for that info but I dont know why Dell is not sorting this out.

    Do you have any links info specs on this radeon R7-M270 card I've never been able to find the information and Dell are completely useless for that, do you have any links to the specs?

    Its my second dell laptop where I have problem with the graphics card.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Missing Drivers,But Found Them Myself (Dell Inspiron 1525)
Okay decided to do a fresh install on the wife's Dell Inspiron 1525.Which had Windows 7 x64 on it,But was released with XP and Vista only on it. The only drivers I had to install after the fresh install of Windows 10 Build:10162. Were SigmaTel HD...
Drivers and Hardware
Two yellow shields for bluetooth devices. Dell Inspiron 15R 5520
Duplicate thread, sorry.
Drivers and Hardware
Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 two device driver problems
Upgraded my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop from 10041 to 10049. Went well though it took a long, long, time. Anyway, I have drivers for all devices except these two and can't actually figure out what they are. 16384 16383 16382
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Dell Inspiron 3135 does not sleep/shutdown/hibernate
I'm running Windows 10 build 9926 on an Inspiron 3135 from 2013. I made a clean installation from the Microsoft ISO on a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD. Prior to that it was running the original HDD with its 8.0 distribution upgraded to 8.1 via the...
General Support
Solved Dell Inspiron
Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums