Windows 10: Windows 10 results in repeated Internal Power Failure in Dell Inspiron

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1.    30 Jul 2015 #31

    vercety974 said: View Post
    Not the best though..
    Intel updated all their drivers for Windows 10 (Graphics, thermal, Management Engine, Wifi, Bluetooth...).
    I have a couple of 5 year old computers and not everyone is going to make new drivers for those, so you take what you can get.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       30 Jul 2015 #32

    Munaf said: View Post
    How can I disable it.?
    I'm unable to run it in safe mode and other than that as soon as I logged in it restarts.
    Totally stuck with nowhere. 
    Boot into the BIOS and check to see if you can disable it in there. Again it's not ideal but should offer a short term solution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    30 Jul 2015 #33

    I once had a Dell 1545 laptop that had power issues with all of its USB connector ports after trying to charge a tablet on the USB port. I solved it by powering down the laptop, removing and the battery for about 15 minutes. This seemed to reset everything and the USB ports worked fine for years after that.

    Maybe a rogue Windows 10 driver triggered the power issue. Try powering down the laptop and taking out the battery for 15 minutes or 1/2 hour and then reboot and see what happens.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Jul 2015 #34

    I can shutdown my system but can't remove it's battery coz it's built in and Non removable unfortunately.
    I am going to try your idea and let's see what happens.

    Thanks for your suggestion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    30 Jul 2015 #35

    Munaf said: View Post
    I can shutdown my system but can't remove it's battery coz it's built in and Non removable unfortunately.
    I am going to try your idea and let's see what happens.

    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Here's a link to a PDF copy of the Dell 7000 series service manual. If worse comes to worse, you can remove the bottom screws of the laptop, take off the bottom of the laptop and remove the battery. See page 14 & 15

    http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspi...nual_en-us.pdf

    http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/...1-985E30A2EE86
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    30 Jul 2015 #36

    I followed Kanzuri's fix and it worked perfectly! However, having been listening to my music for about an hour, my laptop has now frozen completely - a black screen with no mouse. The only sign of life is that the keys are still illuminated. The only solution I have is to power off/on. I've done this a couple of times with the same result. I can only assume there's still something wrong with the display driver.

    If anyone else is having this problem and has fixed it, please let me know asap!


    kanzuri said: View Post
    Ok, so here isa recapitulation to this problem.

    Symptoms:

    When updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in a Dell Inspiron 7000 series, and then trying to log in to your Microsoft account, it appears a blue screen showing an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Then the computer restarts, and if you try to log in again, it happens again.

    Diagnostic:

    This happens because when updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, Windows update downloads the wrong drivers. It downloads AMD Radeon R7 M265 driver instead of AMD Radeon R7 M270 driver, which causes the INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when running Windows.

    Solution:

    1.- Turn on your PC and instantly tap the F8 key repeatedly until it gets you to the Recovery Screen.
    2.- Once there, go to Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Start Up Settings, then press the button "Restart". When it asks you to choose a number, press the F4 key to enable booting in Safe Mode (which won't crash when loging in on your account). Your computer will restart.
    3.- Log in to your account, and press WIN + X. Then click on "Device Manager".
    4.- A window will show up, listing all drivers. Click on the little arrow next to "Display adapters" and select AMD Radeon R7 M265. Right click on it and choose "Disable". If a warning shows up, just click Ok.
    5.- Restart your computer. Now you should be able to log in to your new Windows 10 without that creepy blue screen.
    6.- Go to http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0264...2.1001_A00.EXE to download the correct AMD Radeon R7 M270 driver and run it to extract it in the folder of your choice.

    [EDIT: I'm adding a quote with the following steps (thanks to imagesetal)]



    You can download the AMD Catalyst (15.7.1) mentioned in the quote here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4
    Antergos Linux, OSX, Win 10, Android, etc..
       30 Jul 2015 #37

    Prompt Command


    Munaf said: View Post
    Hello there,
    I'm trying to use the prompt command which you mentioned above to activate the F8, but it's giving me message
    System cannot find the path specified
    Will you please help me to run my system into the safe mode, so I can get rid of this AMD driver issue.

    Your help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Hey Munaf .. Make sure you're on the C Drive by typing "C:" then the enter key before you start :-) Hopefully that helps you with safe mode.

    If not follow all the instructions from this link (with screenshots)

    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id...e-windows.html

    (Because we can't get into Windows long enough to run msconfig make sure you use the 2nd method with your Windows Install DVD .. I found once that deliberately powering off the laptop during startup would display the Windows Repair screen but that's not advisable)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4
    Antergos Linux, OSX, Win 10, Android, etc..
       30 Jul 2015 #38

    kanzuri said: View Post
    Ok, so here isa recapitulation to this problem.

    Symptoms:

    When updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in a Dell Inspiron 7000 series, and then trying to log in to your Microsoft account, it appears a blue screen showing an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Then the computer restarts, and if you try to log in again, it happens again.

    Diagnostic:

    This happens because when updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, Windows update downloads the wrong drivers. It downloads AMD Radeon R7 M265 driver instead of AMD Radeon R7 M270 driver, which causes the INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when running Windows.

    Solution:

    1.- Turn on your PC and instantly tap the F8 key repeatedly until it gets you to the Recovery Screen.
    2.- Once there, go to Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Start Up Settings, then press the button "Restart". When it asks you to choose a number, press the F4 key to enable booting in Safe Mode (which won't crash when loging in on your account). Your computer will restart.
    3.- Log in to your account, and press WIN + X. Then click on "Device Manager".
    4.- A window will show up, listing all drivers. Click on the little arrow next to "Display adapters" and select AMD Radeon R7 M265. Right click on it and choose "Disable". If a warning shows up, just click Ok.
    5.- Restart your computer. Now you should be able to log in to your new Windows 10 without that creepy blue screen.
    6.- Go to http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0264...2.1001_A00.EXE to download the correct AMD Radeon R7 M270 driver and run it to extract it in the folder of your choice.

    [EDIT: I'm adding a quote with the following steps (thanks to imagesetal)]



    You can download the AMD Catalyst (15.7.1) mentioned in the quote here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html
    Thanks for the credit kanzuri ... Good instructions and linking people to the drivers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    30 Jul 2015 #39

    Did anyone try to contact to Dell tech support?? Or Microsoft team??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    30 Jul 2015 #40

    Munaf said: View Post
    Did anyone try to contact to Dell tech support?? Or Microsoft team??
    I tried to contact with Dell for this error. They know nothing. A guy just told me to clean up my PC and buy a windows 10 copy in my nearest store. Ridiculous.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Related Threads
Okay decided to do a fresh install on the wife's Dell Inspiron 1525.Which had Windows 7 x64 on it,But was released with XP and Vista only on it. The only drivers I had to install after the fresh install of Windows 10 Build:10162. Were SigmaTel HD...
Duplicate thread, sorry.
Upgraded my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop from 10041 to 10049. Went well though it took a long, long, time. Anyway, I have drivers for all devices except these two and can't actually figure out what they are. 16384 16383 16382
I'm running Windows 10 build 9926 on an Inspiron 3135 from 2013. I made a clean installation from the Microsoft ISO on a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD. Prior to that it was running the original HDD with its 8.0 distribution upgraded to 8.1 via the...
Solved Dell Inspiron in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.
Find Us