Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Jul 2015 #11
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Finally Solved


    I disabled only the AMD Radeon R7 M265 Series driver and now It's working very fine :):chuckle:
    Of Course I did that in the safe mode using the method stated below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows 10.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	391.3 KB 
ID:	26613

    Quote Originally Posted by MGR View Post
    Same issue here, same laptop... Am going to try the following:

    Internal Power Error - upgrading Windows 10 - HP Support Forum - 5168643
    All you need is to:

    1. Login to safe mode: (I kept shift held when I restarted from the login screen a few times)

    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> Safe mode -> minimal -> OK -> Restart

    2. Uninstal drivers
    a. Right click on My Computer
    b. Devices
    c. Uninstal Graphic and Network drivers - it can be one of them
    Try to uninstal all possible drivers
    d. Restart PC

    3. Return from safe mode
    a. Windows + R
    b. msconfig
    c. Boot -> unclick Safe mode -> OK -> Restart

    Will let you guys know how it goes, safe mode works but only the touch screen....


      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Jul 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    10

    same issue here on dell after window 10 update


    I can't even manage to get pc to select safe mode on next boot before it crashes. Any suggestions?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Jul 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Did you try the F12 Button during the boot?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Jul 2015 #14
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    10

    Yes. But that doesn't seem to offer me safe mode, just non secure boot. Thanks for replying, much appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Jul 2015 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    I think you can try Bootable Windows USB

    May be you can find one here
    Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Jul 2015 #16
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyonten View Post
    I can't even manage to get pc to select safe mode on next boot before it crashes. Any suggestions?
    Try to push the F8 key a lot of times until it takes you to the recovery screen, no matter if it shows you only the F2 and F12. I had the same problem as you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Jul 2015 #17
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 4
    Antergos Linux, OSX, Win 10, Android, etc..

    FINALLY GOT IT WORKING.... I have the 4k Screen Edition of the Laptop

    It's such a pain but I suppose Windows 10 only really released a day ago so these things will happen. It seems the M270 card is not a very popular one, and if you download the Official Windows 10 drivers from AMD and try to install them it still detects as M265. That's what the whole problem seems to be based around. Not sure if it's Dell or AMD needs to fix it but anyway, here's what I did.

    1. Fresh Windows 10 Install from Memory Stick
    2. Booted In, will download updates automatically and no way to stop the Blue Screen eventually coming up with INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
    3. Insert the Windows 10 Memory Stick again and boot from it.
    4. Select Language and on next page at the bottom - Repair Your PC
    5. Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Command Prompt
    6. Type C: then ENTER
    7. Type "BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY" (This will enable F8 during startup)
    8. Boot into Safe Mode (Restart Laptop and Press F8 repeatedly), the Laptop may try to uninstall updates first and reboot into normal mode again .. Be patient and keep rebooting until you get into Safe Mode proper
    9. Go to Device Manager, and right click on AMD Radeon M265 and Disable
    10. Reboot and laptop should be stable, but you'll only have 1 graphics card... Continue with instructions to enable both.
    11. Download the Windows 8.1 Drivers from the Dell Website
    12. Install 7zip and Right Click on the downloaded file and Extract to a New Folder
    13. In Device Manager, Right Click on the Disabled AMD Radeon M265 and Properties
    14. Go to Driver Tab and Update Driver... Browse My Computer... Let Me Pick... Have Disk
    15. Navigate to Extracted Folder - Packages - Drivers - Display - WB6A_INF - Double Click on c7176477
    16. Windows should only show AMD Radeon M270 so select it
    17. Once Installed run Windows Update and Check for New Updates, It should now see the card as the proper AMD Radeon M270 and download the Windows 10 Latest Driver (on my machine a black bar appeared along the bottom and the Intel Driver in Device Manager reported a problem, but a restart will fix that)
    18. At this point all the Drivers should work fine with no more blue screens, but you still can't right click on the desktop in order to configure which apps use which graphics card and you'll have no Catalyst Control Centre, etc..
    19. To fix this Download the latest AMD Drivers for Windows 10 (at time of writing this was 15.7.1)
    20. Start the Installation Process - Select Custom Installation and UNTICK AMD DISPLAY DRIVER (Failing to do this will revert to the AMD Radeon M265 Driver again .. IF this happens hurry to Device Manager and Disable so as not to cause a blue screen, and Windows will remember the M270 Drivers it installed before ;-) Good Luck)
    21. After installing Catalyst Control Centre the Installer will complain about "Warnings" but you can ignore them.
    22. ALL DONE :-) You can now Configure Switchable Graphics, and you'll have the Windows 10 Driver for both graphics cards installed

    I assume this is more an AMD Fault than either Dell or Microsoft since AMD's own installer detects the card incorrectly, it is possible the card shares Hardware Device Info DEV SUBSYS etc.. too closely with the M265, but there's really no excuse. I assume when AMD releases a new driver it will quickly be adopted by Windows update and should fix it ... Here's hoping
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Jul 2015 #18
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10

    Ok, so here isa recapitulation to this problem.

    Symptoms:

    When updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in a Dell Inspiron 7000 series, and then trying to log in to your Microsoft account, it appears a blue screen showing an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Then the computer restarts, and if you try to log in again, it happens again.

    Diagnostic:

    This happens because when updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, Windows update downloads the wrong drivers. It downloads AMD Radeon R7 M265 driver instead of AMD Radeon R7 M270 driver, which causes the INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when running Windows.

    Solution:

    1.- Turn on your PC and instantly tap the F8 key repeatedly until it gets you to the Recovery Screen.
    2.- Once there, go to Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Start Up Settings, then press the button "Restart". When it asks you to choose a number, press the F4 key to enable booting in Safe Mode (which won't crash when loging in on your account). Your computer will restart.
    3.- Log in to your account, and press WIN + X. Then click on "Device Manager".
    4.- A window will show up, listing all drivers. Click on the little arrow next to "Display adapters" and select AMD Radeon R7 M265. Right click on it and choose "Disable". If a warning shows up, just click Ok.
    5.- Restart your computer. Now you should be able to log in to your new Windows 10 without that creepy blue screen.
    6.- Go to http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER0264...2.1001_A00.EXE to download the correct AMD Radeon R7 M270 driver and run it to extract it in the folder of your choice.

    [EDIT: I'm adding a quote with the following steps (thanks to imagesetal)]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagesetal View Post
    13. In Device Manager, Right Click on the Disabled AMD Radeon M265 and Properties
    14. Go to Driver Tab and Update Driver... Browse My Computer... Let Me Pick... Have Disk
    15. Navigate to Extracted Folder - Packages - Drivers - Display - WB6A_INF - Double Click on c7176477
    16. Windows should only show AMD Radeon M270 so select it
    17. Once Installed run Windows Update and Check for New Updates, It should now see the card as the proper AMD Radeon M270 and download the Windows 10 Latest Driver (on my machine a black bar appeared along the bottom and the Intel Driver in Device Manager reported a problem, but a restart will fix that)
    18. At this point all the Drivers should work fine with no more blue screens, but you still can't right click on the desktop in order to configure which apps use which graphics card and you'll have no Catalyst Control Centre, etc..
    19. To fix this Download the latest AMD Drivers for Windows 10 (at time of writing this was 15.7.1)
    20. Start the Installation Process - Select Custom Installation and UNTICK AMD DISPLAY DRIVER (Failing to do this will revert to the AMD Radeon M265 Driver again .. IF this happens hurry to Device Manager and Disable so as not to cause a blue screen, and Windows will remember the M270 Drivers it installed before ;-) Good Luck)
    21. After installing Catalyst Control Centre the Installer will complain about "Warnings" but you can ignore them.
    22. ALL DONE :-) You can now Configure Switchable Graphics, and you'll have the Windows 10 Driver for both graphics cards installed


    You can download the AMD Catalyst (15.7.1) mentioned in the quote here: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html
    Last edited by kanzuri; 29 Jul 2015 at 18:20.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Jul 2015 #19
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by kanzuri View Post
    Ok, so here isa recapitulation to this problem.

    Symptoms:

    When updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in a Dell Inspiron 7000 series, and then trying to log in to your Microsoft account, it appears a blue screen showing an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Then the computer restarts, and if you try to log in again, it happens again.

    Diagnostic:

    This happens because when updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, Windows update downloads the wrong drivers. It downloads AMD Radeon R7 M265 driver instead of AMD Radeon R7 M270 driver, which causes the INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR when running Windows.

    Solution:
    see above
    Great information, got my machine back on track, but after installing the AMD driver, the Intel driver reported problems, and it shifted into a slightly cropped mode. Had to update the Intel driver to fix it. Now we'll see if everything stays stable for awhile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Jul 2015 #20
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10

    Hello there,
    I'm trying to use the prompt command which you mentioned above to activate the F8, but it's giving me message
    System cannot find the path specified
    Will you please help me to run my system into the safe mode, so I can get rid of this AMD driver issue.

    Your help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Missing Drivers,But Found Them Myself (Dell Inspiron 1525)
Okay decided to do a fresh install on the wife's Dell Inspiron 1525.Which had Windows 7 x64 on it,But was released with XP and Vista only on it. The only drivers I had to install after the fresh install of Windows 10 Build:10162. Were SigmaTel HD...
Drivers and Hardware
Two yellow shields for bluetooth devices. Dell Inspiron 15R 5520
Duplicate thread, sorry.
Drivers and Hardware
Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 two device driver problems
Upgraded my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop from 10041 to 10049. Went well though it took a long, long, time. Anyway, I have drivers for all devices except these two and can't actually figure out what they are. 16384 16383 16382
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Dell Inspiron 3135 does not sleep/shutdown/hibernate
I'm running Windows 10 build 9926 on an Inspiron 3135 from 2013. I made a clean installation from the Microsoft ISO on a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD. Prior to that it was running the original HDD with its 8.0 distribution upgraded to 8.1 via the...
General Support
Solved Dell Inspiron
Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums