Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,797
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #1

    Change of Plans - Regarding a Computer Purchase


    I wanted to make a new thread on this case because my other one isn't really getting much attention.

    Anyway, so I decided not to go with the computer that Computer Works (The local computer shop) was selling. The HP Slimline looked nice, but they found out that some of the components on it weren't upgradable. So they purchased a Dell OptiPlex 970 and started working on it for me. I didn't like how it looked. Mainly because it was dented up and it looked old.

    So, I went to several places looking for a good used HP computer for sale for a low price. I found one, but it was manufactured in 2011 and didn't have a warranty.

    So, my church family (a few people including my Pastor) decided to ask me if I would like to receive a computer that meets my needs as a gift. I was kind of shocked. I didn't know I was looked up to that much. So I let my mom talk to the lady (Mrs. Paulette) from church who taught me some in school. They have purchased me an HP Pavilion 550-153w Desktop PC combo with Bang & Olufsen sound. It comes with an Intel Core i3 processor that is upgradable to an i5. Very nice PC. I have liked HP and the newer Dells ever since I started working on them. The computer is Certified Refurbished. But that's okay, because they put a 3 year protection plan on it. It's a 2016 model.

    God is good!
      My Computers

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,063
    Windows 10
       #2

    Awesome Blessing, Jesse!
    Give Thanks and Enjoy!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #3

    Edwin said:
    Awesome Blessing, Jesse!
    Give Thanks and Enjoy!
      My Computers

  4. ArazelEternal's Avatar
    Posts : 350
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #4

    Jesse Williams said:
    I wanted to make a new thread on this case because my other one isn't really getting much attention.

    Anyway, so I decided not to go with the computer that Computer Works (The local computer shop) was selling. The HP Slimline looked nice, but they found out that some of the components on it weren't upgradable. So they purchased a Dell OptiPlex 970 and started working on it for me. I didn't like how it looked. Mainly because it was dented up and it looked old.

    So, I went to several places looking for a good used HP computer for sale for a low price. I found one, but it was manufactured in 2011 and didn't have a warranty.

    So, my church family (a few people including my Pastor) decided to ask me if I would like to receive a computer that meets my needs as a gift. I was kind of shocked. I didn't know I was looked up to that much. So I let my mom talk to the lady (Mrs. Paulette) from church who taught me some in school. They have purchased me an HP Pavilion 550-153w Desktop PC combo with Bang & Olufsen sound. It comes with an Intel Core i3 processor that is upgradable to an i5. Very nice PC. I have liked HP and the newer Dells ever since I started working on them. The computer is Certified Refurbished. But that's okay, because they put a 3 year protection plan on it. It's a 2016 model.

    God is good!
    According to HPs website, that can be upgraded to a Core i7 4790. Not only that, but can be upgraded to have 16GB RAM as well. Looks like it would be a pretty good machine.
      My Computers

  5. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,797
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    I like it! It seems pretty fast and responsive. I will probably upgrade the RAM before the processor though. The screen is a 23 inch 1080P screen. According to HP'S website, the monitor is an HP 23es 23-inch Display.
      My Computers

  6. AddRAM's Avatar
    Posts : 3,832
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #6

    An i5 will be a fine upgrade, that`s all you need, and at least 8 GB of memory will be good too.

    Just don`t start installing or downloading a bunch of garbage you don`t need, and please create a system image before you start doing anything with it.
      My Computers

  7. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,797
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    AddRAM said:
    An i5 will be a fine upgrade, that`s all you need, and at least 8 GB of memory will be good too.

    Just don`t start installing or downloading a bunch of garbage you don`t need, and please create a system image before you start doing anything with it.
    @AddRAM, oh trust me, I am not one to put a bunch of garbage on any of my computers. I put my photography software, my pictures, and the software the cleans it up and keeps it protected from viruses on my computers and that's all.
      My Computers

  8. AddRAM's Avatar
    Posts : 3,832
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #8

    What software that cleans it up ?

    What is the exact name of it ?
      My Computers

  9. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,797
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    AddRAM said:
    What software that cleans it up ?

    What is the exact name of it ?
    Ccleaner, MBAM (Malwarebytes Antimalware), and SAS (Superantispyware). Also, my antivirus software which is Norton that is provided by my ISP (Internet Service Provider).
      My Computers

  10. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,797
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #10



    That's it. It's super nice.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums