I am In Trouble

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,134
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #11

    Loopygram said:
    I do have macrium list in the start page to choose but when I choose it It asks for my windows installation disc. I made macrium PE on a usb but its not recognized.
    Very frustrating but have to work now. Will be back this evening. Appreciate your help
    @Loopygram

    Just a guess. When you say "start page" I assume you mean the Boot Menu. If the option is there, but it tells you something like "Windows needs to be repaired, insert your install media", etc. , most likely cause is the boot entries for Macrium are missing or corrupted. Try MSCONFIG from a command prompt and delete the Macrium entry. Go into Macrium and add the Boot Menu option again. See if that straightens it out. Your USB Macrium will only be seen if you actually try to boot from the usb device, either set thru BIOS or one-time option. The Boot Menu option looks for the WinPE Macrium files to boot from. Same result, but different ways to access Macrium.
      My Computers

  2. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,515
    Windows 10 Pro
       #12

    I would suggest you download and make a bootable USB flash drive of Kyhi's Recovery Tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

    It has Macrium Reflect on it as well as loads of other tools. The way you make a bootable USB flash drive is to insert the flash drive in a Windows computer, open a Command Prompt (Admin) or "Run as administrator" Command Prompt and run:

    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the flash drive
    clean <- this will erase everything on the disk selected above!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    assign
    exit
    exit

    Then mount the ISO file you downloaded and copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive. Creating the flash drive this way will give you one that will boot in both UEFI and legacy BIOS computers.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 54
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Thanks everybody. I will look at your replies earnestly this evening. Didn't have time last night but I'm appreciating your help so much

    I promise I'm not ignoring anyone

    Loopy
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,134
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #14

    Loopygram said:
    Thanks everybody. I will look at your replies earnestly this evening. Didn't have time last night but I'm appreciating your help so much

    I promise I'm not ignoring anyone

    Loopy
    Take your time, Sir! :)
      My Computers

  5. Stevekir's Avatar
    Posts : 340
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       #15

    NavyLCDR said:
    I would suggest you download and make a bootable USB flash drive of Kyhi's Recovery Tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

    It has Macrium Reflect on it as well as loads of other tools. The way you make a bootable USB flash drive is to insert the flash drive in a Windows computer, open a Command Prompt (Admin) or "Run as administrator" Command Prompt and run:

    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the flash drive
    clean <- this will erase everything on the disk selected above!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    assign
    exit
    exit

    Then mount the ISO file you downloaded and copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive. Creating the flash drive this way will give you one that will boot in both UEFI and legacy BIOS computers.
    Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116 (New) returned "Something went wrong".
      My Computer

  6. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,515
    Windows 10 Pro
       #16

    Try the 32-bit version
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 54
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #17

    f14tomcat said:
    @Loopygram

    Just a guess. When you say "start page" I assume you mean the Boot Menu. If the option is there, but it tells you something like "Windows needs to be repaired, insert your install media", etc. , most likely cause is the boot entries for Macrium are missing or corrupted. Try MSCONFIG from a command prompt and delete the Macrium entry. Go into Macrium and add the Boot Menu option again. See if that straightens it out. Your USB Macrium will only be seen if you actually try to boot from the usb device, either set thru BIOS or one-time option. The Boot Menu option looks for the WinPE Macrium files to boot from. Same result, but different ways to access Macrium.
    The problem is how to get to the DOS prompt? If the computer boots with Windows it doesn't allow me to click on anything once it's at the desktop. Anything on the taskbar or anything else.

    I've tried to choose Macrium in the boot menu but I get a recovery page that says there is an error and something is missing.

    BTW Dick - I'm female :)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 54
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    NavyLCDR said:
    I would suggest you download and make a bootable USB flash drive of Kyhi's Recovery Tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    It has Macrium Reflect on it as well as loads of other tools. The way you make a bootable USB flash drive is to insert the flash drive in a Windows computer, open a Command Prompt (Admin) or "Run as administrator" Command Prompt and run:

    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the flash drive
    clean <- this will erase everything on the disk selected above!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    assign
    exit
    exit

    Then mount the ISO file you downloaded and copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive. Creating the flash drive this way will give you one that will boot in both UEFI and legacy BIOS computers.

    Thanks NavyLCDR for your help. I am downloading the bootable rescue disk as we speak. I'm not too tech savy but I can follow simple instructions..lol. I've sure made a big mess and need to get it figured out soon.
      My Computer

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,134
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #19

    Loopygram said:
    The problem is how to get to the DOS prompt? If the computer boots with Windows it doesn't allow me to click on anything once it's at the desktop. Anything on the taskbar or anything else.

    I've tried to choose Macrium in the boot menu but I get a recovery page that says there is an error and something is missing.

    BTW Dick - I'm female :)
    That's my name, in my signature.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 54
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #20

    Comp Cmndo said:
    F11 on power up will restore the HP to factory.
    It doesn't work. I get an error page showing error code 0xc0000225
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums