Exclude "file type" from search

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Stevekir's Avatar
    Posts : 340
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       #21

    werby said:
    Hello Stevekir,

    It's "FastStone Capture" (not free).
    Er, no. Not that. That is a utility for capturing parts of a screen. The utility I am looking for is the one you used in your posted image to identify and emphasise several items on a captured web page. That is, the utility you used to create the red oval and arrow and the red circles on your web page, as follows.

    Exclude "file type" from search-capture1.jpg
    Exclude "file type" from search-capture2.jpg
    When I last used that utility it allowed me to draw such things on an image of a web page, to draw attention to them in, eg., a tutorial. It offers several different objects including different sizes of arrows, all with a choice of colour.

    The name of that utility is what I am looking for.

    Thanks.
      My Computer

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #22

    Stevekir said:
    Er, no. Not that. That is a utility for capturing parts of a screen. The utility I am looking for is the one you used in your posted image to identify and emphasise several items on a captured web page. That is, the utility you used to create the red oval and arrow and the red circles on your web page, as follows.

    The name of that utility is what I am looking for.

    Thanks.
    I am 100% sure that's what Werby meant, that is a feature in screen capture tools. For instance I use Screenpresso, also available as free version to make screenshots like this:

    Exclude "file type" from search-image.png

    All screenshots in my posts and my tutorials are made and annotated with Screenpresso
      My Computer

  3. Stevekir's Avatar
    Posts : 340
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       #23

    Kari said:
    I am 100% sure that's what Werby meant, that is a feature in screen capture tools. For instance I use Screenpresso, also available as free version to make screenshots like this:

    Exclude "file type" from search-image.png

    All screenshots in my posts and my tutorials are made and annotated with Screenpresso
    YES. At last. That's it. A very useful software.

    Many thanks.
      My Computer

  4. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #24

    Stevekir said:
    YES. At last. That's it. A very useful software.

    Many thanks.
    Did you understand my point? That Werby not only made the screenshots with FastStone Capture, but also annotated them with the same program? All screenshot tools have the annotation feature built-in, some more extensive than others but you can annotate your screenshots with every screenshot tool.
      My Computer

  5. Stevekir's Avatar
    Posts : 340
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
       #25

    Kari said:
    Did you understand my point? That Werby not only made the screenshots with FastStone Capture, but also annotated them with the same program? All screenshot tools have the annotation feature built-in, some more extensive than others but you can annotate your screenshots with every screenshot tool.
    Thanks. I didn't know that. And I had forgotten that Screenpresso could also capture screens. But I am happy now to have Screenpresso, which does just what and how I like.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 136
    Win10 Pro x64 1607
       #26

    Kari said:
    I am 100% sure that's what Werby meant, that is a feature in screen capture tools....
    Me too...
      My Computer

  7. Fafhrd's Avatar
    Posts : 1,981
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       #27

    dalchina said:
    I mentioned this above by name, which covers a lot of ground, and commented on the apparent omission and need for something more recent:
    Advanced Query Syntax (Windows)

    However, I do think that not having an intuitive GUI based search and using something akin to a command line syntax, means using search more fully is restricted to the minority of users. Only if you have an exceptional memory or frequently use such syntax is this readily available to you as a useful tool.
    I quite agree with your comments. What spoilt Windows 7 for me (having avoided Vista) was this backwards step in GUI functionality, compared with Rover's point and click search filters in Windows XP, (as well as the removal of *context-sensitive rich help.)

    Who was the team leader in the re-design of the Windows 7 Search feature? Our old friend Dona Sarkar: Dona Sarkar | Microsoft Story Labs

    *I know the arguments against this - let's not kick over the ashes here. Can't read older *.hlp files on Windows-10 Solved - Windows 10 Forums - We know the real reason - NinjaCats hate dogs that move faster than they can!
      My Computers

  8. Try3's Avatar
    Posts : 7,494
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #28

    enso,

    If you want a search utility that has a GUI [so you don't have to study advanced query syntax] then NirSoft's SearchMyFiles fits the bill.

    Denis
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums