Windows 10: Need info about Windows 10


  1. Posts : 3
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Oem
       15 Aug 2017 #1

    Need info about Windows 10


    So i have win 7 atm, and its highly damaged, but soon i will buy new 1, will be Win 10 Box, i look around versions, and i see something that confuse me, on title there is USB, why there USB?

    I get Pendrive for Data Storage instead of DVD?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    15 Aug 2017 #2

    First, does the computer have a Windows 7 sticker with a product key printed on it? If yes, you can still use that product key to activate a clean install of Windows 10 for free.

    If you purchase a Retail box version of Windows 10, it does come on a USB flash drive and not a DVD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Oem
    Thread Starter
       15 Aug 2017 #3

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    First, does the computer have a Windows 7 sticker with a product key printed on it? If yes, you can still use that product key to activate a clean install of Windows 10 for free.

    If you purchase a Retail box version of Windows 10, it does come on a USB flash drive and not a DVD.
    is there a DVD version to on retail version? or only Flash Drive have?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. pepanee's Avatar
    Posts : 1,055
    Windows 10 Professional
       15 Aug 2017 #4

    I'm not sure if I understand everything correctly, but I'll post this =)

    It is much better to install Windows 10 from a flash drive, because once you download Windows 10 to the flash drive (from Microsoft's website), it is the most updated version of Windows 10. If you find Windows 10 on a DVD Disc, it is very likely that this Windows 10 isn't completely updated with security updates, etc...

    But in answer to your question in your post right above this one: I don't think Microsoft officially puts Windows 10 on a DVD anymore, because DVD is out-dated technology; it's old.

    *Edit*: I did an image search for Windows 10 DVD discs, I see only a few. This most likely means they didn't do many of them, because DVD is old technology.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    15 Aug 2017 #5

    Biiomage said: View Post
    So i have win 7 atm, and its highly damaged, but soon i will buy new 1, will be Win 10 Box, i look around versions, and i see something that confuse me, on title there is USB, why there USB?

    I get Pendrive for Data Storage instead of DVD?
    A new one what?

    A new computer
    A new OS
    A new copy of Windows

    You are going to buy a new what?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    15 Aug 2017 #6

    If you need a DVD to install from, then you can just download the ISO from Microsoft and burn your own DVD - but the latest ISO do require a double layer (DL) DVD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,602
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       15 Aug 2017 #7

    Biiomage said: View Post
    So i have win 7 atm, and its highly damaged, but soon i will buy new 1, will be Win 10 Box, i look around versions, and i see something that confuse me, on title there is USB, why there USB?

    I get Pendrive for Data Storage instead of DVD?
    Welcome to TenForums @Biiomage

    I'm confused, are you asking about buying a new PC, or just a retail copy of Windows 10?

    If you buy a new PC it may not come with a DVD drive, particularly if it is a laptop. You could add a USB DVD drive if you need one. Windows 10 will be able to use it.

    If you install Windows 10 on a PC that has a DVD drive then you will be able to use the DVD for storage, even if you installed Windows 10 from a USB.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    16 Aug 2017 #8

    Yes it sure sounds like Biiomage is going to get a new computer. To Biiomage, not every new computer comes with a DVD drive so you might need to buy a couple of USB sticks along with your new computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I'm pretty new to W10 and still learning but something I want to do is add info to the bottom of the Windows Explorer window. I know there are options to use details panel and what not that will display to the side of the window but that's NOT what...
Just for reference purposes For those who are interested in viewing the status or tracking of Windows 10 & Office with respect to builds, packages, official updates, ESD's, etc., you can visit the following page via the link below. I did...
Info on the Windows components store in Performance & Maintenance
Hi What is the Windows components store and where is it? What is the command that can repair this archive? How the SFC utility is able to use it? Thanks
Hello, i ran a chkdsk and as you can see this is what it says , i don't know how to proceed with this. Thank you for your help
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33.
Find Us