Windows 10: Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Jul 2015 #241

    linw said: View Post
    Oh, well, there are plenty of worse places than the land of the maple leaf, Mike.
    But not many colder, in any case they have Loony (a 1$ coin).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    28 Jul 2015 #242

    That's not the magic trigger, Kyhi, that is the RESULT of the magic trigger! I'm looking for the REAL magic trigger
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Jul 2015 #243

    Yea, gotta say, I would definitely hate the cold and snow in some places in the world.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    28 Jul 2015 #244

    CountMike said: View Post
    Check my link up there.
    13 hours 49 minutes. 8 AM local time tomorrow for me. I have that site bookmarked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,403
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       28 Jul 2015 #245

    GARoss said: View Post
    I am an insider but never on this laptop PC. Also I used a different email while signing up for the laptop upgrade to avoid confusion with the desktop upgrade. Maybe that's the reason the laptop doesn't have the $Windows.~BT folder yet. My insider email was used for the desktop upgrade which has the $Windows.~BT folder. But, I don't see why it wouldn't work unless the $Windows.~BT drivers will only work on the desktop only, not the laptop.

    I'll wait & see if it shows up on the laptop. So far, nadda.

    BTW- HP has a link & for $30 they would manage the upgrade for you. I knew they find a way to make $$ off of this!
    I think because you used a different email account than your Windows Insider email means your laptop probably won't get the upgrade tomorrow. Which doesn't mean that the laptop won't get the necessary files between now and tomorrow. At this point, it's a tossup, since I've seen some who weren't Insiders say they've gotten the files.

    Go to Windows Update and see what you see there. You should see this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	26389

    That will at least let you know you're on the right track.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 605
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       28 Jul 2015 #246

    linw said: View Post
    Yea, gotta say, I would definitely hate the cold and snow in some places in the world.
    I couldn't live without cold and snow (for part of the year). I love having seasons, and they are very obvious here in New Hampshire USA...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    28 Jul 2015 #247

    sgage said: View Post
    I couldn't live without cold and snow (for part of the year). I love having seasons, and they are very obvious here in New Hampshire USA...
    I'm in Ct. and can't stand the cold.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    28 Jul 2015 #248

    Wynona said: View Post
    I think because you used a different email account than your Windows Insider email means your laptop probably won't get the upgrade tomorrow. Which doesn't mean that the laptop won't get the necessary files between now and tomorrow. At this point, it's a tossup, since I've seen some who weren't Insiders say they've gotten the files.

    Go to Windows Update and see what you see there. You should see this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	26389

    That will at least let you know you're on the right track.
    Got the same thing.. just waiting now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	483 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	26394
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    28 Jul 2015 #249

    GARoss said: View Post
    I am an insider but never on this laptop PC. Also I used a different email while signing up for the laptop upgrade to avoid confusion with the desktop upgrade. Maybe that's the reason the laptop doesn't have the $Windows.~BT folder yet. My insider email was used for the desktop upgrade which has the $Windows.~BT folder. But, I don't see why it wouldn't work unless the $Windows.~BT drivers will only work on the desktop only, not the laptop.

    I'll wait & see if it shows up on the laptop. So far, nadda.

    BTW- HP has a link & for $30 they would manage the upgrade for you. I knew they find a way to make $$ off of this!
    Do that upgrade through HP and you likely keep your OEM support after the upgrade. And HP will help you sort out any HP specific issues. They likely won't be so helpful if you do the free upgrade from Microsoft. They may even just tell you to call Microsoft its their problem. I'm not saying do it, just that you might actually get something for that 30 dollars. Help recovering if it fails would be one thing they'd offer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       28 Jul 2015 #250

    Superfly said: View Post
    Hi Bill, I assume you are referring to HAL... it was 16392 the last I checked...
    on Win 7 at the moment to see if I get the update albeit this machine has already been upgraded on a different SSD.
    (The only real reason I'll consider d/l'ng is if we get new keys - all else seems exactly what we already have.)
    Thanks,

    I was commenting on the two property pages (explorer and ntoskrnl) that you posted. Not really important though.

    Please do post something if you get new keys, that I would be interested in knowing. I suspect not though, or if it is a new key, it might be hashed from the previous OS key (big guess there )

    Bill
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Related Threads
My Win7.1-64 system is very old and I need to do a clean install of Win10. My current Win7 is installed on an old SSD so I decided to get a new one, which I now have. My plan was to create a Win10 ISO flash drive, replace my current SSD boot...
If you are running Windows 10 Home Edition and want to upgrade to Pro you can do it for about £1 English or 14:99 Swedish kroner. To do this click on Start then Settings. Now click on Update and Security then on Activation and you will see the...
After struggling for hours to get this upgrade going... I finally found a solution thanks to a facebook friend. This guy installed build 10041, and successfully upgraded to 10162. So i decided to try the same... Clean installed 10041,...
I have been using win 10 tp for quite a while and I'm pleased with it. Just curious am I going to have to reinstall another windows to get win 10 or be able to go straight from Windows 10 when it releases? Thanks for the help.
Read somewhere that the latest Win 10 Insider Prev will be upgrades to Win 10 full when it is released. A good idea to install this sooner rather than upgrading Win 7 / 8.1 to 10?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03.
Find Us