Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
       #1

    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop


    Hey everybody, ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix and was hoping for some help.

    I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day and in doing so, OneDrive came up. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, but it left an empty folder on my desktop, which appears in the toolbar as well as in Explorer.

    I ran the suggested registry changes as described here: How to remove OneDrive desktop icon Solved - Windows 10 Forums

    Still, nothing.

    Any ideas on how I can fix this annoying issue?

    Here's a picture for reference of what it currently looks like:

    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop-capture.png
      My Computer

  2. Polo6RGTI's Avatar
    Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 19043.928
       #2

    iKing1 said:
    Hey everybody, ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix and was hoping for some help.

    I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day and in doing so, OneDrive came up. I uninstalled it from the Control Panel, but it left an empty folder on my desktop, which appears in the toolbar as well as in Explorer.

    I ran the suggested registry changes as described here: How to remove OneDrive desktop icon Solved - Windows 10 Forums

    Still, nothing.

    Any ideas on how I can fix this annoying issue?

    Here's a picture for reference of what it currently looks like:
    I use this registry script to get rid of the OneDrive icons:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    
    ;Remove OneDrive from Explorer
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}]
    "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree"=dword:00000000
    
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}]
    "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree"=dword:00000000
    
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartMenu]
    "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}"=-
    
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
    "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}"=-
    
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}]
    @="OneDrive"
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,454
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
       #3

    Hello iKing1, :)

    Did you also use the tutorial below to disable OneDrive integration?

    Enable or Disable OneDrive Integration Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    If I try to do the regedit step in that link, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive doesn't show up for me as having DisableFileSyncNGSC DWORD. It only says:

    (Default) REG_Z (value not set)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 136
    Win10 Pro x64 1607
       #5

    Hi,
    You can create a new key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive by:
    Right click->New->DWORD(32bit)Value.
    Rename it to DisableFileSyncNGSC then double click to open it and give Value: 1
    Restart or Logout then Login and...that's it!
    Last edited by werby; 14 Aug 2017 at 06:41.
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,454
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
       #6

    iKing1 said:
    If I try to do the regedit step in that link, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive doesn't show up for me as having DisableFileSyncNGSC DWORD. It only says:

    (Default) REG_Z (value not set)
    The DWORD is not there by default. If you like, you can use the available .reg file download in step 3 in Option 2 of the tutorial I posted above to automatically make the changes for you.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Nope, that didn't seem to do the trick either. It's still showing up the same
      My Computer

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,454
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
       #8
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 20
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Nope, still the same

    Could there be a problem with this having gotten screwed up by me uninstalling it from the Control Panel? It seems strange to me that the icon for the folder isn't the cloud and that when I hover over it on the desktop toolbar version, it says (Empty), but if I right click on it, there's no option to delete it.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 668
    Win 10 pro
       #10

    iKing1 said:
    Nope, still the same

    Could there be a problem with this having gotten screwed up by me uninstalling it from the Control Panel?
    Yes, i had the same exact problem, i have 10 pro and do not use onedrive so i disabled it in gpedit, if i uninstall onedrive i have the result you show in post #1
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums