Dumb question from an intermediate. But...


  1. Posts : 2
    Win10
       #1

    Dumb question from an intermediate. But...


    Where is the dialog box on Windows 10? I looked under start, system, then searched dialog box. I have googled online. I found a comment where Windows 10 hides the dialog box. I want to enter code to bring up system information.
      My Computer

  2. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,507
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #2

    search for system Information, I think is what you are looking for. Or All Apps>Windows Administrative Tools>System Information
      My Computers

  3. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #3

    Willowbrook said:
    Where is the dialog box on Windows 10? I looked under start, system, then searched dialog box.
    Depends what dialog box you want - a dialog box is only a window asking you to enter something. It could be the Window that you see when you want to Print a file or when you want to Open or Save something.

    There is, for example, the Run dialog box (appears by pressing the and R keys together)

    Dumb question from an intermediate.  But...-run.png

    Willowbrook said:
    I want to enter code to bring up system information.
    If that is the one you mean then type msinfo32 into it and press OK.

    If you are thinking of command prompt rather than dialog box then you can type msinfo32 into either Powershell or Command Prompt - just search for them by pressing the key.

    Dumb question from an intermediate.  But...-cmd.png

    Or of course you could just search for System Information direct.
    Last edited by lx07; 08 Aug 2017 at 12:30.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2
    Win10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    The Run window is the dialog box I was looking for. In my win 10 the command prompt is not under the windows key either. it will most likely come up when I give the run the cmd code. Thank you for the answer.

    lx07 said:
    Depends what dialog box you want - a dialog box is only a window asking you to enter something. It could be the Window that you see when you want to Print a file or when you want to Open or Save something.

    There is, for example, the Run dialog box (appears by pressing the and R keys together)

    Dumb question from an intermediate.  But...-run.png

    If that is the one you mean then type msinfo32 into it and press OK.

    If you are thinking of command prompt rather than dialog box then you can type msinfo32 into either Powershell or Command Prompt - just search for them by pressing the key.

    Dumb question from an intermediate.  But...-cmd.png

    Or of course you could just search for System Information direct.
      My Computer

  5. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,507
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #5

    Try the Windows key + R at the same time.

    Click Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and look for replace command prompt with Power Shell, turn it off for the command prompt to appear.


    Dumb question from an intermediate.  But...-xx.png


    Attachment 148192
    Last edited by essenbe; 10 Aug 2017 at 16:24.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums