1.    07 Aug 2017 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Customise size of Quick Launch icons


    I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tb1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	147647

    If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they increase the height of my taskbar, leading there to be empty space underneath my taskbar items; making my taskbar more difficult to use, as my cursor can now go *past* the taskbar items while moving down to click one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tb2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	147648

    Is it possible to customise the size of the Quick Launch icons to make them the same size as the default taskbar items, or alternatively (less preferred), increase the height of the taskbar items to conpensate for the additional space?
    Last edited by MisterCerberus; 07 Aug 2017 at 13:16.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Aug 2017 #2
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,352
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterCerberus View Post
    I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tb1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	147647

    If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they increase the height of my taskbar, leading there to be empty space underneath my taskbar items; making my taskbar more difficult to use, as my cursor can now go *past* the taskbar items while moving down to click one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tb2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	147648

    Is it possible to customise the size of the Quick Launch icons to make them the same size as the default taskbar items, or alternatively (less preferred), increase the height of the taskbar items to conpensate for the additional space?
    Hi @MisterCerberus , welcome to tenforums!

    I don't think it's possible to do what you wish. Why not just pin them the regular way?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    07 Aug 2017 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Hi @MisterCerberus , welcome to tenforums!

    I don't think it's possible to do what you wish. Why not just pin them the regular way?
    If I pin Firefox, and Firefox is open, I cannot use the pin to open a second instance of Firefox; as clicking on it will just minimise the first instance of Firefox. A Quick Launch bar does what pinning does except better.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    07 Aug 2017 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,352
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterCerberus View Post
    If I pin Firefox, and Firefox is open, I cannot use the pin to open a second instance of Firefox; as clicking on it will just minimise the first instance of Firefox. A Quick Launch bar does what pinning does except better.
    'Wheel Click' the pinned program will open a second/third/forth..... instance.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
quick launch: how to reorder icons
I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is...
General Support
Suddenly cannot drag icons to Quick Launch
Wanted to add a couple more websites to the quick launch section but when I drag the icons all I see is a square with an X that disappears. What is my problem?
General Support
How to Customise icons in the Control Panel
Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any...
Customization
Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep
I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the lid of the laptop to have it go to sleep, when I bring it back from sleep, the icons have grown...
General Support
Quick Launch Bar Icons
No matter how many times Windows 10 updates, it always changes some of my icons to "blank pages" in my Quick Launch Bar (not to be confused with the Quick Access thingy). Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:38.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums