Windows 10: Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1.    27 Jul 2015 #1

    Do Insiders Really Need to Download What We Already Have?


    On the 29th are insiders going to have to download and install basically what we already have all over again? Wouldn't it make more sense for MS to send a small update, much like the "security updates", that tells our systems that it's the "final release"? Besides any possible fixes, all we really need is the menu to let us choose whether or not we want to stay and insider; if not an option to upgrade a Win 7/8.* key to Win 10 and hopefully an option to download an ISO (at some point).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Jul 2015 #2

    I would think that getting the upgrade on the 29th is going to be crucial to stay in the insider program and getting that patch will be important. Staying with the same version of Windows 10 is important, IMO
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 267
    latest windows insider home build
       27 Jul 2015 #3

    since there is no "final release", just a series of ongoing updates, it makes it ever more confusing to think why insiders would have to download anything other than another in a series of these "ongoing updates"..
    I guess we'll see on the 29th..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Jul 2015 #4

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I would think that getting the upgrade on the 29th is going to be crucial to stay in the insider program and getting that patch will be important. Staying with the same version of Windows 10 is important, IMO
    I'm confused; are you saying we are or are not going to need to download & install Windows 10 all over again?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    27 Jul 2015 #5

    wase4711 said: View Post
    since there is no "final release", just a series of ongoing updates, it makes it ever more confusing to think why insiders would have to download anything other than another in a series of these "ongoing updates"..
    I guess we'll see on the 29th..
    Think of it this way.. you need to keep current with version of Windows 10 in order to get the net updates/patches. By upgrading on the 29th you'll be getting the starting version of Win10 and from then on you'll get the upgrades.

    So yes.. it's going to be important to get the upgrade on the 29th.

    Just my 2c.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Jul 2015 #6

    wase4711 said: View Post
    since there is no "final release", just a series of ongoing updates, it makes it ever more confusing to think why insiders would have to download anything other than another in a series of these "ongoing updates"..
    I guess we'll see on the 29th..
    I agree, but it just seems people expect the servers to be loaded with insiders downloading the "final release" (for the lack of a better term), while if it's just a patch that may not be the case.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    27 Jul 2015 #7

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Think of it this way.. you need to keep current with version of Windows 10 in order to get the net updates/patches. By upgrading on the 29th you'll be getting the starting version of Win10 and from then on you'll get the upgrades.

    So yes.. it's going to be important to get the upgrade on the 29th.

    Just my 2c.
    Upgrade as in a patch or from scratch?

    Edited: Crap, I did it again... Damn consecutive posts!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    27 Jul 2015 #8

    fracking4oil said: View Post
    I'm confused; are you saying we are or are not going to need to download & install Windows 10 all over again?
    Upgrade over:
    Win7
    Win8.1
    Or Build 10240...

    You will have to have the base version of Win10.. the upgrade that we'll get on the 29th.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    27 Jul 2015 #9

    . . .wish you folks would hold down this dizzy intellect. . .it is causing me. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    27 Jul 2015 #10

    Will the 29th have a new build number"

    JustDave
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: A fun surprise for Windows Insiders... | Blogging Windows
20% off for Insiders. in General Support
Hey guys, I noticed an article from PCWorld in my Facebook feed saying that Microsoft Insiders will get a 20% if they buy from the Microsoft store on July 29th. I have one question, is there anyway I could order online and just log in to my...
So, I have both windows 7 and windows 10 installed on two computers. (Total of four operating systems) And I need to download User-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2, but when I click 'Click here' and...
Let's say i'm happy with status of Windows 10 by July 29. Can i download an .iso of the official version and install that one (like present previews) or can i just keep on going to be an insider "ad infinitum"?
Source...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:49.
Find Us