Can't find night light mode in display.  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 56,676
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #21

    You have a good weekend, too, gabby! :)
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #22

    You can access the Night Light setting by clicking on the Notification icon on the lower right hand corner.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 9,594
    Mac OS Catalina
       #23

    It is not the Blue light that strains your eyes, it is the distance, length of time sitting at the computer, how high you have the brightness, backlighting and contrast up, along with room lighting.

    Night Light actually applies a yellow filter to allow you to see easier in low light, it has nothing to do with day to day use. When I found out that I had really bad Cataracts, had them removed and lenses put in, my eye strain went away, because of it being a vision problem, not a computer problem. I can actually turn down my Macbook lighting and I use a 6500K 3-way light that I set on medium and it has worked out pretty well.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #24

    bro67 said:
    It is not the Blue light that strains your eyes, it is the distance, length of time sitting at the computer, how high you have the brightness, backlighting and contrast up, along with room lighting.

    Night Light actually applies a yellow filter to allow you to see easier in low light, it has nothing to do with day to day use. When I found out that I had really bad Cataracts, had them removed and lenses put in, my eye strain went away, because of it being a vision problem, not a computer problem. I can actually turn down my Macbook lighting and I use a 6500K 3-way light that I set on medium and it has worked out pretty well.
    Blue light at night can be harmful. Blue light has a dark side - Harvard Health
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 9,594
    Mac OS Catalina
       #25

    Winuser said:
    Blue light at night can be harmful. Blue light has a dark side - Harvard Health
    You may want to be aware that it is the X-Ray and Ultraviolet ranges are harmful to your eyes, not Blue lighting, which is a man made object called a Light Bulb. The other is that if Blue lightning was so dangerous, we would not have HID and LED lighting that is in a Blue/White range to help your eyes see better at longer distances.

    You do realize that our eyes are bombarded with the blue spectrum all day long. Blue lighting is not the issue at night. If you use proper lighting and at the correct LUM, your vision will be just fine.

    Those including myself who have had to spend hours in spaces that use Blue lighting, because the Orange to Yellow wavelength and Red, causes more eye strain. If you adjust your monitor properly, use the correct color range for lighting, nothing is going to happen.

    When my lenses were put in for my Cataract Surgery, they are the ones that will filter out the spectrum that is between yellow/orange.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #26

    bro67 said:
    You may want to be aware that it is the X-Ray and Ultraviolet ranges are harmful to your eyes, not Blue lighting, which is a man made object called a Light Bulb. The other is that if Blue lightning was so dangerous, we would not have HID and LED lighting that is in a Blue/White range to help your eyes see better at longer distances.

    You do realize that our eyes are bombarded with the blue spectrum all day long. Blue lighting is not the issue at night. If you use proper lighting and at the correct LUM, your vision will be just fine.

    Those including myself who have had to spend hours in spaces that use Blue lighting, because the Orange to Yellow wavelength and Red, causes more eye strain. If you adjust your monitor properly, use the correct color range for lighting, nothing is going to happen.

    When my lenses were put in for my Cataract Surgery, they are the ones that will filter out the spectrum that is between yellow/orange.
    Did you read the article? Studies have been made on the effect that blue light has on us at night. If it's wrong tell them. I only read some of the articles. I didn't do the studies.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 9,594
    Mac OS Catalina
       #27

    Winuser said:
    Did you read the article? Studies have been made on the effect that blue light has on us at night. If it's wrong tell them. I only read some of the articles. I didn't do the studies.
    It is an article from 2012 if you did not see the date. This so called study leaves out that it is the X-Ray to Ultraviolet range that is harmful, not physical light bulbs or flatscreens in the cooler/more natural range. The whole stupid Night filter is actually bad for your vision and does zero, nor has anything to do with the actual wavelength that is put out by the Sun.

    The other fact is that the article talks about the Circadian Rhythm of your body, which actually you go into a resting state aprox every 12 hours. That means by 1 to 2 pm, you are ready to go back to bed and get some rest in how your clock works.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #28

    So the blue light in 2012 is different than the blue light in 2017. I just linked to the first site that came up. If I wanted I'm sure I could find a more recent article. I won't because I could care less.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 9,594
    Mac OS Catalina
       #29

    Winuser said:
    So the blue light in 2012 is different than the blue light in 2017. I just linked to the first site that came up. If I wanted I'm sure I could find a more recent article. I won't because I could care less.
    I do not read clickbait Onion stories like the one you linked. If you had read it and looked up others, they all state the same thing. Circadian Rhythms can be messed up if you work different shifts at different times, like Truck Drivers and others that are required to be up on random schedules.

    There has been zero proof that the color range of a lightbulb is going to cause cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. That means that there has been zero evidential proof that light causes problems with a person's health, other than the times they are up and work late night shift work or long hours that they may not get off until the Sun goes down.

    When you use a color filter, it is to make the display easier to see at lower lights, so the brightness of the screen does not cause eye strain, same as too low of a brightness.

    I apply the night filter to my iPhone, so that I can see it better in low light at night, without needing to turn on a light. It allows the Cones and Rods to work like they should.

    You have more risks of getting Skin Cancer from being out in the Sun too long, along with tripping over the family pet and falling down stairs.

    In short, Blue wavelengths are shorter and in the UV range is harmful, not the color emitted by a light bulb or LCD screen that is used for creating more natural whites.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 29,525
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #30

    bro67 said:
    I do not read clickbait Onion stories like the one you linked. If you had read it and looked up others, they all state the same thing. Circadian Rhythms can be messed up if you work different shifts at different times, like Truck Drivers and others that are required to be up on random schedules.

    There has been zero proof that the color range of a lightbulb is going to cause cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. That means that there has been zero evidential proof that light causes problems with a person's health, other than the times they are up and work late night shift work or long hours that they may not get off until the Sun goes down.
    .
    Is Harvard University 'click-bait'?

    Study after study has linked working the night shift and exposure to light at night to several types of cancer (breast, prostate), diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. It's not exactly clear why nighttime light exposure seems to be so bad for us. But we do know that exposure to light suppresses the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that influences circadian rhythms, and there's some experimental evidence (it's very preliminary) that lower melatonin levels might explain the association with cancer.

    A Harvard study shed a little bit of light on the possible connection to diabetes and possibly obesity. The researchers put 10 people on a schedule that gradually shifted the timing of their circadian rhythms. Their blood sugar levels increased, throwing them into a prediabetic state, and levels of leptin, a hormone that leaves people feeling full after a meal, went down....

    ...Harvard researchers and their colleagues conducted an experiment comparing the effects of 6.5 hours of exposure to blue light to exposure to green light of comparable brightness. The blue light suppressed melatonin for about twice as long as the green light and shifted circadian rhythms by twice as much (3 hours vs. 1.5 hours).
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...as-a-dark-side
    (my bold)




    [/QUOTE]
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums