Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1.    03 Aug 2017 #31
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Here you go
    Windows 10 PC locking up at random times Attached Files
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Aug 2017 #32
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Granite Bay, CA
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Professional

    I didn't read through the whole post, I just read the original post and a few below it, yet I posted this on another thread that I hope may also apply here. Just read through it and see if this applies to you or not. I hope it does:


    I use Google Chrome as my internet browser and it is the one that causes the freezes. So when the freeze occurs, I can move the mouse around, yet if I press the Start button or on the Taskbar or anything that's open on the screen, the computer would respond to the click VERY SLOWLY. For example, when the freeze happens, I press the Start button. 30 seconds later, the Start menu pops up.

    This is what I do to fix it: Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to go to the Task Manager. Click on Details tab. End all the chrome.exe tasks. Then I end explorer.exe task. Then after that, click File > Run new task. Type explorer and press OK. Then the computer will go back to normal. Re-open Google Chrome and everything is functioning again. Only down side is that all File Explorer windows that I had open will no longer be open, I'd have to re-open them if I need to or whatever. Stupid bug, and I hope it gets fixed.

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Aug 2017 #33
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,681
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.


    One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 Aug 2017 #34
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Granite Bay, CA
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Professional

    I'm confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by zbook View Post
    Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.


    One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 Aug 2017 #35
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I'm not sure whats going on, what is pirated?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    03 Aug 2017 #36
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Granite Bay, CA
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Professional

    AsheStrachan

    Try my suggestion from above the next time your computer locks up. I read through this thread and what you experience seems very similar to my freeze issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 Aug 2017 #37
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 8,681
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit

    Adobe
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    03 Aug 2017 #38
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by pepanee View Post
    AsheStrachan

    Try my suggestion from above the next time your computer locks up. I read through this thread and what you experience seems very similar to my freeze issues.
    I can't use the mouse when it locks up,but so far switching to firefox has"fixed" this issue
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    03 Aug 2017 #39
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Granite Bay, CA
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Professional

    Aha I see. Then the most likely cause could definitely be Google Chrome. I experience the same thing (except that I can actually move the mouse and use the keyboard). Use your Firefox for a week or so, and see if it still happens. If no hanging happens, then Google Chrome is most likely the one causing this. It would be very difficult to find a solution to fix this, since Google Chrome is updated automatically, so this bug could auto re-load itself with some corrupt settings in Google Chrome. But who knows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    03 Aug 2017 #40
    Join Date : Jul 2017
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by pepanee View Post
    Aha I see. Then the most likely cause could definitely be Google Chrome. I experience the same thing (except that I can actually move the mouse and use the keyboard). Use your Firefox for a week or so, and see if it still happens. If no hanging happens, then Google Chrome is most likely the one causing this. It would be very difficult to find a solution to fix this, since Google Chrome is updated automatically, so this bug could auto re-load itself with some corrupt settings in Google Chrome. But who knows.
    Aside from "maybe" loading slower, and having to set some things,firefox is fine
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times
I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs. I then...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD at random times after Windows refresh
Refreshed windows about close to a week ago after my system seemed to be running slow. have gotten 3 BSOD in about a week and wanted to see if anyone could give me an idea of what is happening. The BSOD has happened seemingly randomly, I monitor...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
BSOD at very random times, no specific times.
Hi guys, I keep on getting BSOD screens when using my laptop. It is very random, sometimes it happens whilst I am working in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator or even just when I am browsing the web. At first I thought it might be the display...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times
I installed Windows 10 fine on a computer that had Windows 7, clean install on a brand new hard drive. After the clean install, I made sure drivers were up to date and what not. Everything works great, except the computer freezes at some point while...
General Support
BSOD at random times doing random things.
Hi, I am getting BSODs at random times, while doing different things each time. Been getting them for 5 days trying to narrow down what could be causing it. Searching lead me here. I did the posting instructions. Also did sfc/scannow 2 times that...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums