Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Jul 2015 #11
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,052
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    If I had the cash I might!
    I have the cash. I just do not see a need, since none of our laptops are dying. Once they do go, they are getting replaced with Macbooks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Jul 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,457
    Windows 10 Pro

    Getting back on topic. If I did buy a OEM computer with Windows 10 pre-installed I would gladly let you know what the build version was before I did any updates/upgrades. I would like to know myself.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Jul 2015 #13
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,144
    Windows 10 Professional

    Of course, you could just go to your local retailer and take a boo inside a few shelf models.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    25 Jul 2015 #14
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,052
    Mac OS Sierra

    10240 is the final build for 10, when it is released out into the wild on the 29th. After that point, they will continue to make changes, with one of the biggest ones is removing the Control Panel. The other could possibly be making Admin tools in the same tablet interface.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Jul 2015 #15
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,457
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Of course, you could just go to your local retailer and take a boo inside a few shelf models.
    Would that work if they are in demo mode?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Jul 2015 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,552
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    10240 is the final build for 10, when it is released out into the wild on the 29th. After that point, they will continue to make changes, with one of the biggest ones is removing the Control Panel. The other could possibly be making Admin tools in the same tablet interface.
    Source?

    I think you are forgetting they are going to still release builds to the insiders after the 29th but they could be called something different.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Jul 2015 #17
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,144
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    Would that work if they are in demo mode?
    Maybe not but I would think you could at least bring up 'winver'
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    25 Jul 2015 #18
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,052
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by groze View Post
    Source?

    I think you are forgetting they are going to still release builds to the insiders after the 29th but they could be called something different.
    All of us that are insiders will receive, is patch updates to 10240, which has been stated over and over as the final build for both RTM & to consumers on the 29th.

    Windows 10 is the final OS for Microsoft. The same as their server and Office editions. All that is going to happen from this point forward, is just service packs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Jul 2015 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,552
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    All of us that are insiders will receive, is patch updates to 10240, which has been stated over and over as the final build for both RTM & to consumers on the 29th.

    Windows 10 is the final OS for Microsoft. The same as their server and Office editions. All that is going to happen from this point forward, is just service packs.
    Even if I do believe 10240 is the release version doesn't mean Microsoft not going to release new builds. Gabe said the insider program will continue after the 29th. There is build called Redstone coming out in 2016. They need version numbers for OEMs and for people who build computers.

    Also you might want to check here, it looks like there are already higher build numbers.

    BuildFeed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Jul 2015 #20
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,052
    Mac OS Sierra

    groze there are not going to be anymore builds. 10240 is it. All that insiders will get before the consumers, is those items that are going to replace the outdated stuff like Control Panel, etc.. The OS package is what it is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Taking full control of Win 10 upgrades on 29th July ... ?
Hello I have used the tray app to register for Win 10 upgrade on a number of PCs / laptops (Win 7 & Win 8). However I am now a bit concerned that come "D-Day", the app will automatically download the installation files (or at least a...
Installation and Upgrade
Is your PC manufacture's web site ready for July 29th
I was just checking out Lenovo's site today to see what's they have or for their recall news...etc. and stumbled upon their Windows 10 link Windows Support. 24031 They are already getting ready:).
General Support
How do I upgrade my Win 7 computer on July 29?
Yes I'm a Windows Insider and should get the release version of Win 10 on the 29th based on my usual fast "flight" fairly quickly for my Win 10 preview installation. Based on my email address will that give me a reasonably early download of Win 10...
Installation and Upgrade
July 29th not June 29th
I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums