Windows 10: Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    24 Jul 2015 #1

    Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10


    Is there any way to delete these system folders.

    I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created.

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    24 Jul 2015 #2

    Why do you feel the need to delete them? Just ignore them as deleting system folders can be problematic although it seems win 10 has a way of defeating the deleters!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    25 Jul 2015 #3

    linw said: View Post
    Why do you feel the need to delete them?
    Purely because they annoy me!!!

    One of my personal hates is software that decides where it will save things and mess up my nicely organised file & folder structure, giving me no option to edit! Not exactly a major issue, but it irritates me!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 8,644
    Windows 10 Professional
       25 Jul 2015 #4

    ColMac said: View Post
    Purely because they annoy me!!!

    One of my personal hates is software that decides where it will save things and mess up my nicely organised file & folder structure, giving me no option to edit! Not exactly a major issue, but it irritates me!
    Hide them.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG2.PNG 
Views:	89 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	25772
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    25 Jul 2015 #5

    Edwin said: View Post
    Hide them
    Not a bad idea. Didn't think of that! However, I note that you have Windows set to show "Hidden Files " as I do, and it seems that defeats the whole purpose.

    It also doesn't seem to hide them in Libraries or in the listing under "User"

    Ta anyway!

    Colin
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 8,644
    Windows 10 Professional
       25 Jul 2015 #6

    ColMac said: View Post
    Not a bad idea. Didn't think of that! However, I note that you have Windows set to show "Hidden Files " as I do, and it seems that defeats the whole purpose.

    It also doesn't seem to hide them in Libraries or in the listing under "User"

    Ta anyway!

    Colin
    I suppose you could navigate to C:\Users\[your moniker]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries and delete the two libraries in question and the pertaining folders in other locations, but, they'll probably reappear after a restart.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 15,767
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       25 Jul 2015 #7

    ColMac said: View Post
    Is there any way to delete these system folders.

    I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created.

    Thanks
    Try uninstalling the Camera app if you haven't yet, then the folders. But if you need use it, these folder will be recreated everytime.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       25 Jul 2015 #8

    ColMac said: View Post
    Is there any way to delete these system folders.

    I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created.

    Thanks
    Show Libraries in the navigation pane of File Explorer
    Right click the library you don't want, and select delete from the context menu.

    I delete both Libraries you mentioned - Onedrive has a folder for Camera Roll - I don't really want it indexed in a Library. Photos app probably uses the Saved Pictures - not sure, but I exercise that Library from my system as well.

    I think if the Photos app needs a saved pictures folder AND a library for it, then that folder should just be included in Pictures. Just my take on it though.

    I just checked to make sure the libraries were not recreated on my system and they are not, but you mentioned deleting folders.
    Where are the folders located on your system - you might not be able to get rid of the Camera Roll folder- Onedrive might 'require' it and recreate it. I'll have to check OneDrive to see if you can 'opt-out' of Camera Roll, but there was a time that MS gave you extra 15 GB of Cloud Storage if you opted in.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 Aug 2015 #9

    ColMac said: View Post
    Is there any way to delete these system folders.

    I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created.

    Thanks
    Yep exactly same situation here. Don't want them and no matter what I do they keep coming back. Make sense they relate to OneDrive and Photos app.

    Have left a question here Permanently delete Saved Pictures Camera Roll Folders - Microsoft Community but as per norm the 'support' don't seem to know what you're talking about.
    @MrJamesMoore
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    10 Aug 2015 #10

    Delete Camera Roll Folder


    I had the same issue.
    I opened OneDrive and deleted the Camera Roll folder under photos.
    Seems to have resolved issue on Win 10 Libraries

    Chuxnz


    MrJamesMoore said: View Post
    Yep exactly same situation here. Don't want them and no matter what I do they keep coming back. Make sense they relate to OneDrive and Photos app.

    Have left a question here Permanently delete Saved Pictures Camera Roll Folders - Microsoft Community but as per norm the 'support' don't seem to know what you're talking about.
    @MrJamesMoore
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi In Windows 10, how I do not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns of the Start menu? Thanks Bye
Hi, I have a non-Windows 10 specific problem. I want to delete a Windows.old folder and it is owned by the Administrators group to which I belong. I actually use the built-in-Administrator-account with UAC completely turned off via registry hack....
I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain :( If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive...
I've installed Build 10041 and upgrade to 10049 three times now, each time I was able to do a search for Windows Update or Sound which would show me the correct results but this time, I'm not getting the right results. In the past I would do a Reset...
Hi everyone. I'm new user of W10 10041 x64 and i need your help for little custom. Can you help me to delete " OneDrive " in " This PC " ? 14924 Thanks !
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49.
Find Us