Windows 10: Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade


  1. Posts : 5
    Win 7 Pro ; Win 8.1 Pro
       24 Jul 2015 #1

    Get Win 10 Pro as Free Upgrade


    I am not a business. I have 4 computers at home running Win 7 Pro and 1 running 8.1 Pro. When I upgrade to Win 10 will I get the "Pro" version? Seems like I should as I have invested extra money in the earlier versions.

    Thanks,

    KayEee
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 42
    Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro, Windows 10 64-bit Pro TP
       24 Jul 2015 #2

    I hope this is some help.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fromto.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	25667
    Last edited by Brink; 24 Jul 2015 at 10:04. Reason: attached image
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Jul 2015 #3

    Yes, when you upgrade you will get the same as your current

    more info here
    Last edited by paulsalter; 24 Jul 2015 at 10:04. Reason: Added wrong link, post #2 has info
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    24 Jul 2015 #4

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Yes, when you upgrade you will get the same as your current

    more info here
    R.I.P., Windows Media Center
    When I upgraded windows 7 home (oem) to windows 8 for £14.99 at the discounted price it was at for a while, I have got windows 8 pro.

    Not that there is much difference I believe but why did they give me pro.

    Joe
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    24 Jul 2015 #5

    I think this was a special offer for early adopters of win 8, they got the pro version for a low price

    which will now give you the 10 pro for no extra cost (if you upgrade in next 12 months)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 Jul 2015 #6

    donegaljoe said: View Post
    When I upgraded windows 7 home (oem) to windows 8 for £14.99 at the discounted price it was at for a while, I have got windows 8 pro.

    Not that there is much difference I believe but why did they give me pro.

    Joe
    Not the same deal as the free upgrade offer on hand now. In the past if you bought an upgrade version it was a set version regardless of what version you were upgrading from. Example, Windows 8 Pro upgrade for x dollars. This free upgrade is dependent on what version your upgrading from.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    24 Jul 2015 #7

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Not the same deal as the free upgrade offer on hand now. In the past if you bought an upgrade version it was a set version regardless of what version you were upgrading from. Example, Windows 8 Pro upgrade for x dollars. This free upgrade is dependent on what version your upgrading from.
    What ever happened to that $1 upgrade from Home to Pro? I know, not happening, but do we have a real price and can it be done through the Windows Store?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    24 Jul 2015 #8

    Victek said: View Post
    What ever happened to that $1 upgrade from Home to Pro? I know, not happening, but do we have a real price and can it be done through the Windows Store?
    I don't know?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,438
    EL Capitan
       24 Jul 2015 #9

    I run only the Pro version on all of my machines. I have been doing that since the XP days. It gives better control over what users can and cannot do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Installing free upgrade in Windows Updates and Activation
Just curious, but I have 6 pc's slated for the free upgrade. How will you know which download is intended for each machine?
Solved free upgrade in General Support
do we know who long to expect the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8? will it be 29th?
Does anyone know what happens with Windows 10 free upgrade after a year? I'm thinking MS will charge ppl a year, but I'm just guessing. I haven't heard what happens and would like to know.
Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade in Installation and Upgrade
This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of...
Sounds good, too good to be 'true'? No matter what I think of Windows 10, it would be kinda stupid not to take up Microsoft on the free upgrade particularly if, like me, you have a standby build of your OS on a separate HD just in case the main...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:04.
Find Us