Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 16
    win 8.1 pro
       18 Jul 2015 #1

    Icon size and fonts


    Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small I can hardly see them Also my icons are just about touching. Need to space them better.On Explorer the text is fine but when I go to the address bar they are so small I can't see them very clearly. Would appreciate any help. I am running a L34 Ultra wide monitor at 3440x1440.

    My second question is I bought an extra SSD hard drive to load the 10 preview on and left all my win 8.1 pro on my bigger SSD hard drive. I want to0 upgrade it to the bigger T-1 SSD EVO Samsung. Will the upgrade know that I want to put it on my EVO SSD?

    Thank you for any help

    Jaye
    Last edited by jayefayed; 18 Jul 2015 at 16:11. Reason: misspelled word
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,894
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       18 Jul 2015 #2

    WARNING: Edit your first post and delete your Email address-- you could get your identity stolen- you could start receiving tons & tons of spam-- need I go on?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 16
    win 8.1 pro
       18 Jul 2015 #3

    Cliff S said: View Post
    WARNING: Edit your first post and delete your Email address-- you could get your identity stolen- you could start receiving tons & tons of spam-- need I go on?
    Thank you deleted email
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2014
    Posts : 599
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       18 Jul 2015 #4

    jayefayed said: View Post
    Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small I can hardly see them Also my icons are just about touching. Need to space them better.On Explorer the text is fine but when I go to the address bar they are so small I can't see them very clearly. Would appreciate any help. I am running a L34 Ultra wide monitor at 3440x1440.

    My second question is I bought an extra SSD hard drive to load the 10 preview on and left all my win 8.1 pro on my bigger SSD hard drive. I want to0 upgrade it to the bigger T-1 SSD EVO Samsung. Will the upgrade know that I want to put it on my EVO SSD?

    Thank you for any help

    Jaye
    The ability to set font sizes for individual elements is pretty much still broken. I discovered the keys in the registry that you can use to adjust this, if that is something you are comfortable with.

    In the meantime, you can right-click on the desktop, select Display settings, and do a blanket scaling-up of your display. Going into advanced settings, the advanced tweaking of font sizes is just grayed out. They have got to fix this, and soon - I've given my feedback on this as have many others. I'm sure it will come along by and by.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,894
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       18 Jul 2015 #5

    jayefayed said: View Post
    Thank you deleted email
    You're welcome
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,906
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       18 Jul 2015 #6

    jayefayed said: View Post

    My second question is I bought an extra SSD hard drive to load the 10 preview on and left all my win 8.1 pro on my bigger SSD hard drive. I want to0 upgrade it to the bigger T-1 SSD EVO Samsung. Will the upgrade know that I want to put it on my EVO SSD?

    Thank you for any help

    Jaye
    almost certain it will install the upgrade onto what ever drive has win8.1 on it now
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 10
    Win 10 64
       26 Sep 2015 #7

    I just installed Win 10. I can go to Control Panel, Fonts, Change Font Size, and then change font text size for desktop icons, menus, etc..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,329
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       26 Sep 2015 #8

    tperk100 said: View Post
    I just installed Win 10. I can go to Control Panel, Fonts, Change Font Size, and then change font text size for desktop icons, menus, etc..
    You posted this same response in 6 different threads, many of which were fairly old.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 1,952
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       26 Sep 2015 #9

    If you wish, you can try this. It will allow to change different fonts and sizes:
    Winaero Tweaker

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	258.8 KB 
ID:	39613
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 10
    Win 10 64
       27 Sep 2015 #10

    Ztruker said: View Post
    You posted this same response in 6 different threads, many of which were fairly old.
    I did, and I knew they were old, but they seemed to be all be all in need of the answer I posted. As a new Win 10 user I searched for how to change text properties and found the threads before I finally figured out how to do it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Deleting fonts
Is there a way to delete a font in windows 10 build 9860? I used to delete fonts in win8 and win 10( previous build) by right clicking and delete but the new build will not allow to do that.
Customization
Can you organise folders by their size in Win 10?
Windows 7 doesn't let you organise folders according to their size. I was hoping that maybe 10 does? Or maybe there's some complicated reason why it can't ever be done?
General Support
How to change Icon and Font size on Lock screen and Welcome screen?
Hi, I'm on RTM win 10 pro on my Dell 7720 laptop. Have 2 queries: 1). I've changed the font size to 150% which is fine on the desktop. But I need only the lock screen/Welcome screen to be 100% font size since on 150 % the font is too big and...
Customization
Blurry Fonts in Windows: A Possible Issue Microsoft...
More
Windows 10 News
Colour Scheme & Fonts
I see that W10 continues the "Diamond White" colour scheme of the W8 series. Is it possible to change the default: Font face (without hacking the Registry)? Colour scheme of inactive windows?
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums