Windows 10: how is windows 10 still this bad?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    04 May 2017 #11

    I agree win 10 totally the best most stable version that's come out of Microsoft.
    not saying I haven't had some issues, perseverance usually solves it :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 May 2017 #12

    With the majority here, I've had no problems at all with my Win10 installation. A few issues on an OLD Dell that I upgraded but that was just a driver issue that Dell would not address much less fix. To be fair to dell though, the machine in question was NOT tested for 10 or recommended for the update to 10. It still worked though, except for that touch pad.

    As others have said/asked...... just what issues are you referring to? That's why we're here, you know, to help people get their machines humming along nicely. If you jut want to hate on 10 with no examples then..............
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 May 2017 #13

    kingston said: View Post
    I agree win 10 totally the best most stable version that's come out of Microsoft.
    not saying I haven't had some issues, perseverance usually solves it :)
    Yes on new hardware. On old hardware it is terrible. My mother had to get a new computer because with W10 it got slow and unstable, another PC from 2007 got even slower then the ethernet stopped working. I might use it for Linux.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       05 May 2017 #14

    I have an Aspire T690 sitting here with an Intel duo/2GBs ram that had Vista on it when bought and then onto 7 Ultimate, to 8/8.1, and then 10. Runs absolutely great. But I see the type. Make a complaint, then leave.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    05 May 2017 #15

    I have installed w10 on 10 years old+ pcs. Best windows ever if you've got the right drivers. Try running w7 on an old 1GB Atom netbook. W10 is quite useable there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 May 2017 #16

    Positive - DISM Is Broken in Creators Update


    I have been searching for a fix to the DISM problems that happen after updating to the Creators Update. I could not find anything that worked, so I backed CU out with System Restore to version 1511.10586.839. Now, DISM works just fine with no detected corruption. Under CU, DISM always detected component store corruption although SFC did not. According to this site, this is a known issue that Microsoft has chosen to ignore. There is absolutely no excuse for Microsoft to overlook an important utility like DISM. One day, maybe Microsoft will conduct sufficient pre-release testing to put out a good cumulative update. I was a database manager for about 30 years before retiring. If we put out junk like this, we would not have a job!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    05 May 2017 #17

    I'm not sure what you're talking about. DISM works fine in CU. If it doesn't for you, then it means that it's something specific to your installation. Upgrades frequently have issues like this, and if it matters to you, you will likely have to do a clean install.

    Unfortunately, Upgrades are not something that are 100% reliable for every possible configuration/permutation of hardware/software. If they work for you, great. If they don't, you need to clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       05 May 2017 #18

    Mystere said: View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. DISM works fine in CU. If it doesn't for you, then it means that it's something specific to your installation. Upgrades frequently have issues like this, and if it matters to you, you will likely have to do a clean install.

    Unfortunately, Upgrades are not something that are 100% reliable for every possible configuration/permutation of hardware/software. If they work for you, great. If they don't, you need to clean install.
    So that's it. I couldn't get DISM to work since CU via UUP update to save my soul as seen below. Always the same results. But then SFC works, which doesn't make sense to me. Some are saying it's the image that's corrupt in the latter posts of this thread: Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

    I shall attempt to fresh install then. Thanks.


    Attachment 133609
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    05 May 2017 #19

    gr5eqqergagrae said: View Post
    with 10 I'm now getting the same widespread bugs as everyone else
    As requested What does that mean?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,569
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       05 May 2017 #20

    Mystere said: View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. DISM works fine in CU. If it doesn't for you, then it means that it's something specific to your installation.
    Apparently it's something specific to almost everyone on this forum (me included).

    MeAndMyComputer said: View Post
    Originally Posted by gr5eqqergagrae with 10 I'm now getting the same widespread bugs as everyone else


    As requested What does that mean?
    It means this...

    Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair

    ...and perhaps this.

    Chkdsk not working?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.
Find Us