Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       #1

    Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184


    Hello all,

    Could someone see if they can successfully access the W10 Home lock screen settings after upgrading to Insider 16184.1001 (W10 Pro is OK)? When I attempt to do so, the view appears for a few seconds and then disappears without reason. I am also getting a corresponding event ID 1000 that points to a problem with the Immersive Shell Control Panel:

    PC settings> Personalization> Lock screen

    Can't Access Lock Screen Settings After Upgrading W10 Home to 16184-screenshot-27-.png


    So, I ran sfc /scannow and it found no errors. Unfortunately, I can't use DISM restore health because it just doesn't work on this release. Your test comparison would be much appreciated.

    Thank you,

    WOT
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 25,687
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.160
       #2

    The same thing happens to me, I have reported this several times. When I get close to the lock screen in settings the screen flashes and I am sent back to the Desktop. I can use the lock screen I had prior to the update but I can't change it. I did not find any errors either.
      My Computer


  3. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thank you @Josey Wales! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I had done to cause the issue. Your quick response is much appreciated!

    regards,

    WOT
      My Computers


  4. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
    Thread Starter
       #4

    UPDATE:

    Just to be absolutely certain it is an MS problem, I did a clean install, and the very first thing I did was try to access the lock screen settings, and it just flashed on briefly and then disappeared (same as originally reported).

    I then restored from a backup created just before this test and all is well.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 25,687
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.160
       #5

    This has not been fix in build 16188, I have the same exact problem. @WOT
      My Computer


  6. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Josey Wales said:
    This has not been fix in build 16188, I have the same exact problem. @WOT
    Hi @Josey Wales (friend),

    Yes, right after I completed the 16188 upgrade, I attempted to access the Lock Screen settings and it actually worked (one time); however, after I did a few things, I came back and it was broken again.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 25,687
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.160
       #7

    WOT said:
    Hi @Josey Wales (friend),

    Yes, right after I completed the 16188 upgrade, I attempted to access the Lock Screen settings and it actually worked (one time); however, after I did a few things, I came back and it was broken again.
    Report it again. I did about a paragraph on it. I am back on 15063.250 The First build they called The CU, They are calling this new one CU as well. I may not even go back, not to this build at least.
      My Computer


  8. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Josey Wales said:
    Report it again. I did about a paragraph on it. I am back on 15063.250 The First build they called The CU, They are calling this new one CU as well. I may not even go back, not to this build at least.
    That is really only a minor annoyance for me personally. In fact, all the Insider builds (Home and Pro) have worked well for my purposes. I am just thankful I have not encountered some of the major issues that are being reported throughout the forum.

    Cheers mate!

    WOT
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 25,687
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.160
       #9

    WOT said:
    That is really only a minor annoyance for me personally. In fact, all the Insider builds (Home and Pro) have worked well for my purposes. I am just thankful I have not encountered some of the major issues that are being reported throughout the forum.

    Cheers mate!

    WOT
    It is but I also can't place my PC in sleep. It also took 2 1/2 hours to install.
      My Computer


  10. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Josey Wales said:
    It is but I also can't place my PC in sleep. It also took 2 1/2 hours to install.
    Oh, now that is a different story because I can place my laptop in sleep just fine. With that said, try disabling the lock screen, reboot, and retest:

    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

    With that registry modification, when I wake from sleep I go directly to the sign-in screen.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums