Windows 10: First failure to upgrade on any of my computers. Solved

  1.    16 Jul 2015 #1

    First failure to upgrade on any of my computers.


    I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. It gets to about 19 percent and then reverts back to build 10166. I noticed a safe mode indication during the upgrade and I don't know if that is significant. Two of my computers have been successfully upgraded to 10240. I haven't tried 240 on my other Lenovo laptop yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    16 Jul 2015 #2

    Yoga has got to be the worst name for a compter, ever.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       16 Jul 2015 #3

    Nus said: View Post
    Yoga has got to be the worst name for a compter, ever.
    It beats Apple..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 Jul 2015 #4

    Gary said: View Post
    It beats Apple..
    Heh.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Jul 2015 #5

    Nus said: View Post
    Yoga has got to be the worst name for a compter, ever.
    Yoga Berra wouldn't think so.

    The upgrade finally finished successfully after an insane number of attempts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 261
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18, Zorin, elementary OS
       18 Jul 2015 #6

    ofladrt said: View Post
    Yoga Berra wouldn't think so.
    It's Yogi

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yogi.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	25025
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Jul 2015 #7

    rmonroe36 said: View Post
    It's Yogi

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yogi.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	25025

    Yogi Berra is one of my all time favorite players. He hit home runs off balls that were thrown at his ear.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    18 Jul 2015 #8

    10240 is successfully downloaded.


    ofladrt said: View Post
    I have been on the Win 10 fast track with four computers since the start. All upgrades have been successful until 10240 fails to upgrade on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. It gets to about 19 percent and then reverts back to build 10166. I noticed a safe mode indication during the upgrade and I don't know if that is significant. Two of my computers have been successfully upgraded to 10240. I haven't tried 240 on my other Lenovo laptop yet.
    After about 20 upgrade attempts, the new build (rtm?) was upgraded. I did nothing but keep trying to get the upgrade many times, when much to my surprise the upgrade finally succeeded. I can't take credit for anything more than patience and persistence.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    19 Jul 2015 #9

    The force is strong with this one
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
As most of us know by now, MS will be doing a rolling upgrade of PCs top Win10 lasting up to a month according to MS. Us insiders will be able to upgrade our current machines that are on the fast ring. Don't expect to upgrade all of your computers...
failure got any other suggestions? in Drivers and Hardware
Spent most of yesterday downloading the recommended 10076 and installation on my Dell latitude D 510. Ok not only don't the sound and video drivers load (Same problem as old system 9926 ) This install did not load the browser so I can't even get...
KB3022827 Failure in Windows Updates and Activation
Tried this update twice, both failed. Security for IE. Anybody have success/failure? Build 9879
Solved Boot Failure tp 9879 in Installation and Upgrade
I just installed this upgrade. and found that at the end when it did a reboot that the screen ended with a flashing cursor in the upper left of the screen. I waited for some time and finally did a reboot and held the F12 key and then moved down to...
Solved SSD Failure in Drivers and Hardware
Last year I replaced an aging hard drive in my Mum's pc with a slightly less aging OCZ Vertex 2 SSD. This morning she was using the pc just fine then left it until this evening when it suddenly would not boot and reported sata drive failure. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.
Find Us