Windows 10: Removing Quick Access Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 29,418
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17672
       21 Apr 2017 #11

    Hello @xy677, :)

    If you are still trying to remove "Quick access" from the navigation pane, then double check the tutorial below to see if it may help. It includes a few more steps than what you have in your first post that may help.

    Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    21 Apr 2017 #12

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello @xy677, :)

    If you are still trying to remove "Quick access" from the navigation pane, then double check the tutorial below to see if it may help. It includes a few more steps than what you have in your first post that may help.

    Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Howdee

    Thanks but I've already gone through that post.

    I'm not actually having an issue removing Quick Access. As you can see in my earlier post Quick Access is gone from File Explorer.

    The problem I have is that I keep getting that blue star Quick Access icon on my desktop randomly and I also have Quick Access randomly appearing in File Explorer. if I do a refresh (F5) then it goes away.

    So do I need to do anything further and if so what? Or do I need to just accept that this is a limitation with removing Quick Access and I need to live with it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 29,418
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17672
       21 Apr 2017 #13

    If just refreshing (F5) clears the icon, then it appears to be a glitch that I'm not aware of anything else can be done.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    21 Apr 2017 #14

    Brink said: View Post
    If just refreshing (F5) clears the icon, then it appears to be a glitch that I'm not aware of anything else can be done.
    Yeah I thought so. I had to live with this quirk/bug/whatever on build 1607 so it looks like its here to stay on 1703.

    Very frustrating if you want a minimal layout in File Explorer without Quick Access!

    Thanks for the help anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Apr 2017 #15

    xy677 said: View Post
    Yeah I thought so. I had to live with this quirk/bug/whatever on build 1607 so it looks like its here to stay on 1703.

    Very frustrating if you want a minimal layout in File Explorer without Quick Access!

    Thanks for the help anyway.
    Quick Access changed to This PC using Winaero Tweaker:
    Right click and pin any folder to "This PC" aka 'Quick Access'!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000004.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	131279 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000002.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	131280
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Solved Quick Access looks different. in General Support
My original quick access does not look like this, I tried to clear my recent searches and restore default but it didn't change. Hope you might help.130660
quick access problem in General Support
Quick access has a problem where if you a have a folder pinned in the quick access list. You click on that folder name Which takes you to that folder. You now move a file in that folder to a sub folder. After the move the quick access folder...
quick access in General Support
When I am in windows explorer and enter a folder on a mapped drive. I then click on pin current folder to quick access. It puts the current folder. Lets call it video. Now in the quick access is a folder named video. But if the folder video...
Quick Access help in General Support
I can't link a shortcut of my user folder to Quick Access. It only links the direct folder which has a silly name (created by the first five letters of my email address), and it's just so stupid to look at. I want Quick Access to refer to the...
How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just fine, but I cannot remove Quick access as a whole.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.
Find Us