Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 149
    Windows 10 64 Bit Touch Support
       #1

    Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?


    O.K. I am a bit scared. I am still on AOL. Lately I have been on a webpage and I notice a clear square shaped box with a black frame on it. It flashes like a picture being taken. Is this even possible?

    I have run CCleaner, Windows Defender, Trial version of Maleware Bytes (any chance of getting a real copy). They all say there are no virus' everything is fine.

    What can I do? to get of this creep? I doubt AOL could help me
    Thanks so much for any advice.
    Eileen
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #2

    Hi there. Not possible through the screen, but possible through your laptops camera. Do you use your camera at all?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 149
    Windows 10 64 Bit Touch Support
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Is someone taking screen shot of my computer?


    HippsieGypsie

    Have never used it. Could I have pushed a wrong button for the camera or something that could be fixed????
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,092
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #4

    purplelover said:
    Lately I have been on a webpage and I notice a clear square shaped box with a black frame on it. It flashes like a picture being taken. Is this even possible?
    Interesting, what webpage is that.

    purplelover said:
    Trial version of Maleware Bytes (any chance of getting a real copy).
    The trial is real its just a trial of the premium features, it will revert to the basic version,

    Is someone taking screen shots of my  computer?-2017-04-08_20h43_37.png
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 149
    Windows 10 64 Bit Touch Support
    Thread Starter
       #5

    it used to do the heuristics but doesn't anymore. What is a Heuristic???
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #6

    purplelover said:
    HippsieGypsie

    Have never used it. Could I have pushed a wrong button for the camera or something that could be fixed????
    It's possible, but I doubt it. You can disable the camera by pushing Windows Key + X simultaneously > Choose Device Manager > Look for your camera > Right click it > Choose disable.

    Some even place tape over the camera lense.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 149
    Windows 10 64 Bit Touch Support
    Thread Starter
       #7

    O.K. Not only is it flashing online it is doing it offline as well. I was buying something online and it flashed. Now what...do I close my account?? I just read Windows 10 is spying on us.... No one else has had this problem????? It is really freaking me out.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #8

    purplelover said:
    O.K. Not only is it flashing online it is doing it offline as well. I was buying something online and it flashed. Now what...do I close my account?? I just read Windows 10 is spying on us.... No one else has had this problem????? It is really freaking me out.
    Hi there. Is this happening on one site or more? Which one/ones? Please don't be specific. Just say the type > bank, store, etc.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 149
    Windows 10 64 Bit Touch Support
    Thread Starter
       #9

    I notice it most on AOL as that's where I do most things. I don't like it but it has email and easy to use. I was on Ebay making a $5 purchase on my credit card. When I was on the paypal page buying it the black lined square flashed,it has also happend on Facebook, and offline in PrintMAster. Thanks!!!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #10

    purplelover said:
    I notice it most on AOL as that's where I do most things. I don't like it but it has email and easy to use. I was on Ebay making a $5 purchase on my credit card. When I was on the paypal page buying it the black lined square flashed,it has also happend on Facebook, and offline in PrintMAster. Thanks!!!
    Hmm. In all my years I've never heard of this. I posted on another thread to see if others have too. Hopefully someone will answer. In the mean time, did you install and run Malwarbytes as derekimo suggested earlier in his post?
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums