Windows 10: Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1.    18 Apr 2017 #41

    purplelover said: View Post
    do you think Viewpoint is taking the screen shots on my computer??? If I deleted it would the screen shots go away?????

    I need a browser and mail program. Aol is easy to use but I would be willing to switch. I have chrome.

    People are going all the way trying to help you out doing research and all the least you could do is actually read their answers. The answer to your question is literally in his previous message

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    @purplelover

    Eileen, I peeked at your ADWcleaner logs.

    AOL is installing Viewpoint , along with AIM Instant Messenger on your machine, as part of it's "package". According to this article, even if you delete it, AOL will put it right back if it's missing as soon as you log onto AOL the next time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       18 Apr 2017 #42

    purplelover said: View Post
    do you think Viewpoint is taking the screen shots on my computer??? If I deleted it would the screen shots go away?????

    I need a browser and mail program. Aol is easy to use but I would be willing to switch. I have chrome.
    Hi there. Do you sign into your laptop with a Microsoft account? If so, you may want to consider using the Mail app in Windows 10 that gets it from Outlook.com. You may also view your mail online at Outlook.com in a browser on any device at any time.

    Hope that helps.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    18 Apr 2017 #43

    purplelover said: View Post
    Have not been able to get into the Forum the last few days. My password would not work . FINALLY got it changed.
    Someone wanted to see the ADware cleaner report. here it is.
    Attachment 130659 lets see if it works
    Hi. Agree with Tomcat.
    Also, the ADWCleaner log you attached is a "scan" log [S1] - just checking to make sure you also ran the "clean" mode, and got rid of that stuff. SearchScopes is a problem as well. (log has [C1] in it.)
    AOL really has to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 32,330
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       18 Apr 2017 #44

    simrick said: View Post
    Hi. Agree with Tomcat.
    Also, the ADWCleaner log you attached is a "scan" log [S1] - just checking to make sure you also ran the "clean" mode, and got rid of that stuff. SearchScopes is a problem as well. (log has [C1] in it.)
    AOL really has to go.


    Please make sure you actually ran the clean. You'll know, because it will tell you to restart. Then you'll get all the logs saying what it deleted.

    Please get rid of AOL, pretty please?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       18 Apr 2017 #45

    f14tomcat said: View Post


    Please make sure you actually ran the clean. You'll know, because it will tell you to restart. Then you'll get all the logs saying what it deleted.

    Please get rid of AOL, pretty please?
    AOHell!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    18 Apr 2017 #46

    You realize you can keep your AOL email address, just don't use their browser - use another email client, like MailBird or ThunderBird. Or, you can even sign in to your AOL account on a normal browser like FireFox, Chrome, Edge, etc.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Apr 2017 #47

    simrick said: View Post
    You realize you can keep your AOL email address, just don't use their browser - use another email client, like MailBird or ThunderBird. Or, you can even sign in to your AOL account on a normal browser like FireFox, Chrome, Edge, etc.
    What he said. I use an aol mail address too. Not as a primary one but sort of a semi-primary one. No problems with it at all ...... except for all the ads lol. Actually, now that I think about it a little I guess it IS my primary e-mail these days......... sheesh
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 129
    Windows 10 64 Bit Touch Support
    Thread Starter
       18 Apr 2017 #48

    Okay everyone let me start with f14tomcat. I am sorry I did not get it that that you were saying was answering my question. I went to the ink you posted and tried this "Open AOL and go to "help" on the toolbar. Select "About AOL". Next is the SECRET STEP. You must then press "CTRL+D" to access a "secret" panel to disable all of the desktop and IM fancy features that are associated with viewpoint. This is the only way to prevent AOL from re-installing Viewpoint at AOL startup." It worked!!! I also saw the post below it saying it was not spyware..I tried what she said and it flicked just like mine does. So does this mean my computer is NOT infected after all??

    I did not delete anything last night as I was afraid I would lose all my favorites, taskbar sites... everything . I will rerun it immediately. If all my stuff will be safe on Aol. Someone just tell me its o.k. please.

    Also can I transfer all my favorites to outlook? Or wherever I end up for mail?

    HippsieGypsie

    " Do you sign into your laptop with a Microsoft account? If so, you may want to consider using the Mail app in Windows 10 that gets it from Outlook.com. You may also view your mail online at Outlook.com in a browser on any device at any time."


    I don't use a Microsoft password every-time I sign in like my husband does if that is what you mean. When I first got this computer all it wanted to do was have me open a Microsoft Account. I just wanted to get onto Aol.

    So I will run ADWCleaner again. Should I send the report???


    Derickmo, lopedoggie, NavyLCDR,clam1952, Winuser, VGCHAT, SWARFEGA, indianacarnie, simrick, HippsieGypsie, Arese, f14tomcat, and anyone and everyone who didn't give up on me, COMPUTIAC, and helped me...

    All you guys ROCK!!!!! Thanks so much!!!

    Since I have been on here writing this book I have had NO screenshots at all! WooHoo!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    18 Apr 2017 #49

    purplelover said: View Post
    Okay everyone let me start with f14tomcat. I am sorry I did not get it that that you were saying was answering my question. I went to the ink you posted and tried this "Open AOL and go to "help" on the toolbar. Select "About AOL". Next is the SECRET STEP. You must then press "CTRL+D" to access a "secret" panel to disable all of the desktop and IM fancy features that are associated with viewpoint. This is the only way to prevent AOL from re-installing Viewpoint at AOL startup." It worked!!! I also saw the post below it saying it was not spyware..I tried what she said and it flicked just like mine does. So does this mean my computer is NOT infected after all??

    I did not delete anything last night as I was afraid I would lose all my favorites, taskbar sites... everything . I will rerun it immediately. If all my stuff will be safe on Aol. Someone just tell me its o.k. please.

    Also can I transfer all my favorites to outlook? Or wherever I end up for mail?

    HippsieGypsie

    " Do you sign into your laptop with a Microsoft account? If so, you may want to consider using the Mail app in Windows 10 that gets it from Outlook.com. You may also view your mail online at Outlook.com in a browser on any device at any time."


    I don't use a Microsoft password every-time I sign in like my husband does if that is what you mean. When I first got this computer all it wanted to do was have me open a Microsoft Account. I just wanted to get onto Aol.

    So I will run ADWCleaner again. Should I send the report???


    Derickmo, lopedoggie, NavyLCDR,clam1952, Winuser, VGCHAT, SWARFEGA, indianacarnie, simrick, HippsieGypsie, Arese, f14tomcat, and anyone and everyone who didn't give up on me, COMPUTIAC, and helped me...

    All you guys ROCK!!!!! Thanks so much!!!

    Since I have been on here writing this book I have had NO screenshots at all! WooHoo!
    Hi.
    Based on your first SCAN log, I would run ADWCleaner once more, click SCAN, and then uncheck everything except the following 2 keys:

    Code:
    Key Found:  HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{443789B7-F39C-4b5c-9287-DA72D38F4FE6}
    Key Found:  [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{443789B7-F39C-4b5c-9287-DA72D38F4FE6}
    Leave these 2 keys checked for removal but nothing else. Then click CLEAN. The system will want to reboot to finish the cleaning process.
    Then you can post the 2 logs here: in the C:\AdwCleaner\ folder, you'll find AdwCleaner[S2].txt and AdwCleaner[C2].txt

    Glad you got the Viewpoint thing figured out. Kudos to Tomcat!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 19,463
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       18 Apr 2017 #50

    I've kept my paws off the keyboard, since you've had more help than the law allows. I'm only replying so I can keep up with what's happening because it's a learning experience for me.

    BTW, purple is one of my favorite colors too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    I had lots of trouble with this latest clean install of Windows 10 to my new SSD drive. Most of the issues had to do with Windows not being able to find a partition to install on and then the partition was in the wrong format and had to be converted...
    Help with Taking a Screen Shot in General Support
    I've been trying for months now to take a screen shot on my laptop (Toshiba), but cannot figure out how to do it. I want to take the screenshot and then add it to my pictures. How do I do this. My old laptop was easy; just click on the screenshot...
    Hello, Have some questions related to each other. Is there any way to change the automatic format that Windows 10 saves all the screen shots in from .png to something else like either .gif or .jpg? Also, is there any way to pin the Snipping...
    How do I fix this? If I put the computer to sleep or lock it and then wake it up it won't ask for my password, even though it asks me to sign in when I turn on the computer.
    W10 ver 10041 Screen Shots in Windows 10 News
    I am not running W10 at this time but want to share some screen shots for others that have not installed W10 also. https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/2202/windows-10-technical-preview-2-build-10041-screenshot-gallery Jim :cool:
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:11.
    Find Us