Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 42
    Windows 10
       #211

    Yes. Double-clicking my Defender does nothing - must be a bug. I've had one user say the scan time on the HP2575 multifunction printer is now very slow and another user, but the only one of 12, who now has Excel opening documents as a blank grey window?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 564
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1
       #212

    xxxdannyxxx said:
    Hi All

    Grrr!!!

    So after upgrading to CU via the upgrade assistant I had some strange partitions setups as here Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks - Page 19 - - Windows 10 Forums. Rather than trying to sort the extra recovery partition I went ahead last night and did a clean install with the CU ISO.
    Good news is my partitions are back to normal but for some reason I now have no live tile for the msn weather app and the people app.All others work fine. I've tried cleaning the live tile cache, makes no difference. Any other suggestions guys.
    Oddly initially the weather app does show live tiles for the default location after install in my case London but as soon as I change that to my location or check location it looses the plot. People hasn't shown anything since install.

    Thanks Danny
    Have you updated the programs to the latest version via the Windows Store? All live tiles work just fine on my setup.

    Speaking of recovery partitions, it will also depend on which version of Windows you upgraded from, such as, when I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, or Windows 10 RTM to 1511, caused the new recovery partition to be added as the Recovery environments were different and wouldn't work with the other Windows RE partition.

    On my wife's computer, I've upgraded from Windows 10 1511, to 1607, to 1703 with no issues whatsoever, and no extra recovery partitions were added on hers.

    Yet, I upgraded a laptop to 1703 from 1511 that came pre-installed with HP software, and guess what, it creates a new recovery partition. Guess what's gone though, the HP factory recovery link in the Windows RE environment, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

    Anyway, with the live tiles, upgrade to latest version of the program and see what happens.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 70
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #213

    lmaneke said:
    Have you updated the programs to the latest version via the Windows Store? All live tiles work just fine on my setup.

    Speaking of recovery partitions, it will also depend on which version of Windows you upgraded from, such as, when I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, or Windows 10 RTM to 1511, caused the new recovery partition to be added as the Recovery environments were different and wouldn't work with the other Windows RE partition.

    On my wife's computer, I've upgraded from Windows 10 1511, to 1607, to 1703 with no issues whatsoever, and no extra recovery partitions were added on hers.

    Yet, I upgraded a laptop to 1703 from 1511 that came pre-installed with HP software, and guess what, it creates a new recovery partition. Guess what's gone though, the HP factory recovery link in the Windows RE environment, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

    Anyway, with the live tiles, upgrade to latest version of the program and see what happens.
    Hi

    They are all updated according to the store. People app I solved by uninstalling and reinstalling that now shows live updates. MSN weather is dead as far as live tile goes, not sure whats up with that and of course now wont show on the lock screen because of it.

    Cheers Danny
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 564
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1
       #214

    xxxdannyxxx said:
    Hi

    They are all updated according to the store. People app I solved by uninstalling and reinstalling that now shows live updates. MSN weather is dead as far as live tile goes, not sure whats up with that and of course now wont show on the lock screen because of it.

    Cheers Danny
    Looks like the creators update comes with its own set of problems, like on mine, I have an issue where explorer will crash if to many windows are open. Mainly had the crash while setting my Microsoft account.

    I had to do a clean install of the creators update after my system got bricked from going from 1607 to 1703. Kept telling me there was no operating system installed. Lucky I had all my games and programs backed up.

    The new patch doesn't solve the crashes, but on my wife's machine, I cannot get the issue to duplicate on hers, so it's something going wrong on mine.

    Not sure why we need to deal with a load of bugs on a new OS release.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 70
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #215

    lmaneke said:
    Looks like the creators update comes with its own set of problems, like on mine, I have an issue where explorer will crash if to many windows are open. Mainly had the crash while setting my Microsoft account.

    I had to do a clean install of the creators update after my system got bricked from going from 1607 to 1703. Kept telling me there was no operating system installed. Lucky I had all my games and programs backed up.

    The new patch doesn't solve the crashes, but on my wife's machine, I cannot get the issue to duplicate on hers, so it's something going wrong on mine.

    Not sure why we need to deal with a load of bugs on a new OS release.
    I agree there are a few bugs and it certainly seems system dependant, I've just realised mail isn't notifying me of new mail now either even though its set up as it arrives. Thought things seemed quiet. I think Im gonna have another stab at a clean install tonight see if that makes any difference.

    Danny
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 564
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1
       #216

    xxxdannyxxx said:
    I agree there are a few bugs and it certainly seems system dependant, I've just realised mail isn't notifying me of new mail now either even though its set up as it arrives. Thought things seemed quiet. I think Im gonna have another stab at a clean install tonight see if that makes any difference.

    Danny
    And I get my email notifications. So it seems like it varies by system on the issues presented.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 725
    Windows 10 Home - Version 21H1- Build 19043.1266
       #217

    Yeah I'm not getting the notifications either. Did an email reset and went in and flipped all the settings back and forth and it doesn't work. If they get this creators update working properly, I definitely will not update to the next thing in september until I absolutely have to.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 564
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1
       #218

    tomseys said:
    Yeah I'm not getting the notifications either. Did an email reset and went in and flipped all the settings back and forth and it doesn't work. If they get this creators update working properly, I definitely will not update to the next thing in september until I absolutely have to.
    I probably should have waited a few months before upgrading. I do have my anniversary update backup if I need to go back.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 70
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #219

    Just looking for faults now haha but it gets worse did anyone else get this one. Im not an insider or is it just an error on MS part

    Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks-capture.png
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 564
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1
       #220

    xxxdannyxxx said:
    Just looking for faults now haha but it gets worse did anyone else get this one. Im not an insider or is it just an error on MS part

    Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks-capture.png
    Yeah I got that too
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums