Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,120
    Win 11 x 64 Home. Pro x 64 on Surface.
       #151

    elbmek said:
    so far so good. My wife says she likes new system, says her images are much clearer and crisper.

    I like it. It boots about 30 - 40 secs faster and shutdown is really quick too. Boot up is in the region of 40-42 seconds now. BUT, this is on top of a virgin installation, so might slow down a bit later on.
    Spoke too soon. My desktop freezes up when leaving the net not all the time but enough to make me wonder. I have to sign out and back in tho clear it.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 9
    win10
       #152

    elbmek said:
    one wonders why one would want to rid oneself of ones bin, one wonders
    I put it in the quick tools so whenever I click the folder on the task bar to see my most used files there is the bin as well.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 589
    Windows 10 Pro
       #153

    dalchina said:
    It's an excellent idea to create or update your disk image - use option 'Backup Windows' or the second in the drop down list 'Backup tasks'.

    No issues if you restore your backup. And make sure you have Macrium's bootable medium as well, and why not take the opportunity to save the new Win 10 iso so you can use that as a bootable rescue disk too- or if you have to retry the upgrade?
    Yes, I agree with all of that. If I get CU from WU will it let me burn an ISO?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,068
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #154

    you can use the Media Creation Tool to download the new CU .iso file.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 5,816
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #155

    MPSAN said:
    Yes, I agree with all of that. If I get CU from WU will it let me burn an ISO?
    If you want an ISO use the Media Creation Tool to create one. Easy. Simple. Fast.


    More questions? See this thread - Windows 10 Creators Update available through the Update Assistant
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 24,615
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #156

    robin0800 said:
    I put it in the quick tools so whenever I click the folder on the task bar to see my most used files there is the bin as well.
    @robin0800, if you want to remove (or add) the Recycle Bin on the Desktop (and other icons like Network, Control Panel or This PC) go to....

    Settings > Personalization > Themes and scroll down, near the bottom under Related Settings click on 'Desktop icon settings'.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 589
    Windows 10 Pro
       #157

    sygnus21 said:
    If you want an ISO use the Media Creation Tool to create one. Easy. Simple. Fast.


    More questions? See this thread - Windows 10 Creators Update available through the Update Assistant
    Thank You both. I can try to get the ISO from MCT. However, will that always be down level or will the upgrade get updates. I ask as I "was" planning to wait a few weeks before doing this but must admit I am curious. I guess I have nothing to worry about if I do a full Macrium Reflect IMAGE first.

    Also, I have 2 systems. Mine is 64 bit PRO, but my wife's is 64 bit Enterprise VL. Will hers update OK if I use MCT on her system to see if they give her an ISO?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,080
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #158

    elbmek said:
    Spoke too soon. My desktop freezes up when leaving the net not all the time but enough to make me wonder. I have to sign out and back in tho clear it.
    Type power in Settings, click on Power and Sleep Settings, and adjust if necessary to suit.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 5,816
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 21H2
       #159

    MPSAN said:
    but my wife's is 64 bit Enterprise VL. Will hers update OK if I use MCT on her system to see if they give her an ISO?
    I don't know about Enterprise VL (don't know what the VL is), it should update but what the requirements are is unknown to me. Enterprise is a different category.

    I'm sure there's someone here familiar with Enterprise that can answer that for you though.

    Good luck.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 56,062
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #160

    Bree said:
    @robin0800, if you want to remove (or add) the Recycle Bin on the Desktop (and other icons like Network, Control Panel or This PC) go to....

    Settings > Personalization > Themes and scroll down, near the bottom under Related Settings click on 'Desktop icon settings'.
    Thanks, Bree, but gave that to him early this morning.

    Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks - Page 15 - - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:10.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums