Cortana registry setting?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 83
    Windows 10
       #1

    Cortana registry setting?


    Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry?

    Thank you!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 61,562
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello Don, :)

    Cortana has multiple locations in the registry for its settings.

    If you like, look under "C" in the tutorial index below for the "Cortana" tutorials. Most of them include a registry option that may help.

    Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Tutorials
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 83
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Brink said:
    Hello Don, :)

    Cortana has multiple locations in the registry for its settings.

    If you like, look under "C" in the tutorial index below for the "Cortana" tutorials. Most of them include a registry option that may help.

    Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Tutorials
    So it doesn't actually have a CENTRAL/MAIN location in the registry?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 61,562
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #4

    Not for all of its settings.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 8,633
    Mac OS Catalina
       #5

    DragonFireDon22 said:
    So it doesn't actually have a CENTRAL/MAIN location in the registry?
    That is because it is so heavily tied into the OS, which was originally what they tried with the extra Microsoft Search that was released around the time that 7 was released.

    Cotana has to stay enabled or you will break the OS. If you disable thr settings in System Settings and in Cortana, it will stop looking at what you are doing and reporting neutral information on what software that you are using, so that Microsoft's Software Engineers and third party software manufacturers can know how Widows is being used and if there are any incompatiblty issues.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 83
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    I am actually having a problem with Cortana missing/Not showing up on my PC at all. I have Cortana not disabled in the registry, but it's not working.

    What Cortana registry settings would have to do with Cortana exist on my PC but it's somehow disabled or corrupted other than these ones?

    Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
    Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

    I am trying to find the corrupted Cortana registry setting that would make it no longer showing up on my computer.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 61,562
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #7

    Did you do anything previously to disable or uninstall Cortana?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 83
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Brink said:
    Did you do anything previously to disable or uninstall Cortana?
    I didn't, it's just disappeared somehow mysteriously.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 61,562
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #9

    If this just recently happened, then you might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before Cortana went awol may help restore it.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 83
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Brink said:
    If this just recently happened, then you might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before Cortana went awol may help restore it.
    Unfortunately this is not recent, but several months I no longer have a system restore for when it's working.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums