Windows 10: Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists Solved

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1.    20 Mar 2016 #71

    Thanks for your reply GranitStatColin.

    I should make it clear that when I first upgraded from 8.1 to 10 I was able to have more than 12 items in the jump lists. I am sure I remember finding a setting that allowed the original default to be increased, although that seems to have disappeared as others have mentioned. I chose 30 and it worked fine.

    I think a recent W10 update broke / removed the functionality to have more jump list entries; and the ability (on my machine at least) to get a hover pathname and to open the file location. The fact that you still see the pathname when hovering gives me hope though.

    Again, just to be clear, I did have the hover pathname and the open folder location working with 30 jump list entries.

    Regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    07 May 2016 #72

    I am still unable to get more than 12 items in a Jumplist.
    I have tried modifying Start_JumpListItems, and adding JumpListItems_Maximum but those made no difference.

    Taskbar and Start Menu Properties look like this:-

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	78573


























    So just how does one solve this problem?

    PS: I have just done a clean install and applied all available maintenance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 May 2016 #73

    Hi,
    I am not sure if your clean install will have addressed this, but I have been able to eliminate some issues by unpinning the applications from the task bar, and then re-pinning them. Also clearing the jumplists by unsetting Start>Settings>Personalization>Start>Show recently opened... has helped.
    Regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Jul 2016 #74

    Hairy Scot said: View Post
    I am still unable to get more than 12 items in a Jumplist.
    I have tried modifying Start_JumpListItems, and adding JumpListItems_Maximum but those made no difference.

    Taskbar and Start Menu Properties look like this:-

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	78573


























    So just how does one solve this problem?

    PS: I have just done a clean install and applied all available maintenance.
    Instead of doing that, try just adding a DWORD to the same registry location.

    Click Edit at the top of the menu, and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.

    Type in JumpListItems_Maximum and then press ENTER.

    Right click the newly added option 'JumpListItems_Maximum' and click MODIFY.

    Set the value to DECIMAL and type in your desired jumplist quantity. By default I don't think you can go lower than 10.

    If you need any more help follow this post, Jump Lists Maximum Number of Items - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Jul 2016 #75

    NVADR GAMING said: View Post
    Instead of doing that, try just adding a DWORD to the same registry location.

    Click Edit at the top of the menu, and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.

    Type in JumpListItems_Maximum and then press ENTER.

    Right click the newly added option 'JumpListItems_Maximum' and click MODIFY.

    Set the value to DECIMAL and type in your desired jumplist quantity. By default I don't think you can go lower than 10.

    If you need any more help follow this post, Jump Lists Maximum Number of Items - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums


    That worked, thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    30 Sep 2016 #76

    In case you still do not have this resolved, here is one that worked for me:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Last edited by Brink; 07 Oct 2016 at 09:47.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    30 Sep 2016 #77

    dtsob75 said: View Post
    In case you still do not have this resolved, here is one that worked for me:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    This worked for me - thanks!! I didn't even have to restart by the way, it was immediate.
    Last edited by Brink; 07 Oct 2016 at 09:47.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 Oct 2016 #78

    Jump list still failing. help!


    Ok, so I've added the suggested registry entries with no problem on several computers, but I have one that just refuses to cooperate. I've added/increased all 3 recommended entries, followed the cmd directions to reset AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestination, rebuilt the quick access list, and restarted multiple times to no effect. here's the reg:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	104765

    and the items currently pinned in quick access:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	104768

    and what the jump list shows:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	104767

    Notice that it's still only showing 12 items, despite my changed registry and there being 14 items available to be shown. If anyone has any ideas, I would really be grateful. This is totally frustrating.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 52
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       06 Oct 2016 #79

    Try deleting Start_JumpListItems entirely.

    Keith
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    07 Oct 2016 #80

    KeithM said: View Post
    Try deleting Start_JumpListItems entirely.

    Keith
    Thanks, Keith. But no such luck. After some more hunting, I'm actually thinking the error is somewhere else. I can right-click on a folder and "pin to quick access" successfully, but i can not pin or unpin from the jump list itself - the pin icons show up, but they don't actually do anything. They did work before the last couple windows updates. If anyone has a clue how to reset that function, I'd appreciate it. I've already run sfc /scannow without identifying or solving the issue
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Related Threads
Hey, my taskbar is filling up pretty quickly and I wanted to know if there is a way (if possible without 3rd party apps) to create custom jump lists for the taskbar in the latest version of Windows 10. Here's a crude Paint job of what I had in...
How to adjust jump lists in Win10 enterprise? In Win8.1 task bar property page would allow me to change the jump list length, but it is missing in Win10 enterprise.
Menu - increase text size in Installation and Upgrade
Hi there I've managed to increase text sizes on most things but the Menu has very small text (It seems ALL I.T people have very good eyesight - on a large monitor I find the standard text size FAR to small to use properly !!). Anybody know how...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:45.
Find Us