How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

  1.    16 Mar 2017 #1

    How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game


    I'm trying to figure out how to stop windows from moving around and resizing when I alt+tab out of a game like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It gets annoying and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to stop doing that. Any help is much appreciated.

    If it helps to know I'm using Windows 10 64 bit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    16 Mar 2017 #2

    Is your game running at same resolution as native/desktop resolution?
    if for example you run game at 1280x720 but your desktop is 1920x1080 then when you get back to your desktop windows gets confused about sudden change of resolution and window size/position etc. may change.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Mar 2017 #3

    VBJP said: View Post
    Is your game running at same resolution as native/desktop resolution?
    if for example you run game at 1280x720 but your desktop is 1920x1080 then when you get back to your desktop windows gets confused about sudden change of resolution and window size/position etc. may change.
    It's not cuz everytime I run it in my native resolution it crashes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Mar 2017 #4

    VBJP said: View Post
    Is your game running at same resolution as native/desktop resolution?
    if for example you run game at 1280x720 but your desktop is 1920x1080 then when you get back to your desktop windows gets confused about sudden change of resolution and window size/position etc. may change.
    Soo how do I fix this problem...?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 5,526
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       29 Mar 2017 #5

    Also, as a diagnostic press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Task Manager, use End Task on that program. See if you get the same result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Jun 2017 #6

    Berton said: View Post
    Also, as a diagnostic press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Task Manager, use End Task on that program. See if you get the same result.
    I did that and it appears that I did get the same result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi 10forums, I've been finding this hard to describe and search for so I'm just going to upload a .gif to illustrate my problem. 81615 I want to stop the window moving back onto the screen when the mouse is against the screen edge. Does...
Hi, I've never had any issues like this with my PC, but whenever I play this particular game 'Life is Strange', upon clicking 'exit game' this BSOD appears, and only then. Other games run fine, and this game itself runs fine, it only happens upon...
I have an install with a low end Celeron-based Acer laptop that serves mostly as a desktop, hooked to a big monitor via VGA cable. Unfortunately the laptop must be opened to get to the power button. The user is a legal professional, not a pc tech....
Hi there, so as the title suggests, I had just closed my "Metal Gear Solid V" game and returned to desktop when I got a BSOD. The BSOD said there was a page fault in a non paged area, as well as an error with a .dll file but I didn't manage to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:20.
Find Us