Windows 10: File System Filter 'wcifs' EVENT ID 4

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
  1.    07 Apr 2017 #131

    Win10usr said: View Post
    I miss system restore so much Today got a more or less forced driver update, it didn't go well. Only way to roll back is restoring an image. What a miserable situation.
    Macrium comes to the rescue every time!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    08 Apr 2017 #132

    Ok guys so I just did a fresh install because going from Home to Pro, just because. So when I reinstalled I used the Windows creation tool and it seems to be the next/newest Windows 10 build 1703.
    Lots of different things going on but most importantly I created a restore point and got 0 errors.
    Seems like they may of fixed in New build, not actually tried the restore and won't atm as busy but these errors showed when creating so fingers crossed.
    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Apr 2017 #133

    Maybe they only surpressed the error...?



    Conm3 said: View Post
    Ok guys so I just did a fresh install because going from Home to Pro, just because. So when I reinstalled I used the Windows creation tool and it seems to be the next/newest Windows 10 build 1703.
    Lots of different things going on but most importantly I created a restore point and got 0 errors.
    Seems like they may of fixed in New build, not actually tried the restore and won't atm as busy but these errors showed when creating so fingers crossed.
    Cheers
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Apr 2017 #134

    Well looks hopeful but I'm not gonna be trying the restore atm. OCD an all that 😀
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Apr 2017 #135

    Decided to try anyway and works again. So build 1703 fixed this fault. Finally!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Apr 2017 #136

    Good to know, will start the whole update circus next week. A shame though that Microsoft never gave any official response and silently waited for abou 2 months before repairing it. Doesn't give one much confidence in the reliabilty of MS software.


    Conm3 said: View Post
    Decided to try anyway and works again. So build 1703 fixed this fault. Finally!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Apr 2017 #137

    Agreed
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    08 Apr 2017 #138

    Win10usr said: View Post
    Good to know, will start the whole update circus next week. A shame though that Microsoft never gave any official response and silently waited for abou 2 months before repairing it. Doesn't give one much confidence in the reliabilty of MS software.
    Hey Win10usr, great news. Thanks for sharing.
    Bob
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1
    Windows 10 64bit
       12 Apr 2017 #139

    Hi guys.

    Unfortunatelly even after Windows 10 Creators update of yesterday, i still get the wcifs error. I read above that it is resolved in the update, so i ask myself why it didn't for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    12 Apr 2017 #140

    Maybe needs a fresh install, i have successfully used it twice since update but that was a fresh install using the latest Windows creation tool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Greets, Everything was running fine until Win10 decided to upgrade itself about two weeks ago. After the upgrade I tried to launch Jasc Paintshop Pro and after a spinning circle nothing happened. Tried launching it with different compatibility...
    Hi all, Here is a critical problem i have faced. I have inserted my pendrive in an laptop with OS X. As it was in ntfs format the data were shown but writting into this couldn't be done. So I format it to exfat format to get some data. When I...
    This has happened twice so far, both were the exact same scenario: I have a monitor and a TV, so I set the Extended display option so I can work on the monitor, but have Netflix up on the TV. When I'm done working, I'll just turn off the...
    How to Block or Unblock Legacy File System Filter Drivers in Windows 10 Starting in Windows 10 version 1607, administrators and driver developers can use a registry setting to block legacy file system filter drivers. Legacy file system filter...
    Event Viewer TDI filter warning in Performance & Maintenance
    Hello, I am receiving this error in Event Viewer: A TDI filter (\Driver\adgnetworktdidrv) was detected. This filter has not been certified by Microsoft and may cause system instability. I'm not sure what this means. Is it something that can be...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:46.
    Find Us