Windows 10: Windows 8, 8.1 & 10 versus Windows 7

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Jul 2015 #161

    There are some very good Linux distros that are very similar to Windows. For example: Ubuntu . the only issue is making sure what you need to run can be run in Linux. But I have used it and it is very good..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Jul 2015 #162

    . . .I thank some of you folks just have to many computers. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Jul 2015 #163

    Lee said: View Post
    . . .I thank some of you folks just have to many computers. . .
    You think or thank :-) Idaho...my goodness. My best friend moved out to Boise with his wife some years ago...me stuck here outside of DC...that is why I have so many computers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Jul 2015 #164

    win 7 is by far the fastest way to navigate without going all over to get to the same place,i find 7 easy to use and a basic interface.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Jul 2015 #165

    musky said: View Post
    win 7 is by far the fastest way to navigate without going all over to get to the same place,i find 7 easy to use and a basic interface.
    I would agree that win 7 is a good OS. yes, it took awhile to get into it innards after xp...but there was not that much that had to be done because it is stable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 25,416
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       10 Jul 2015 #166

    musky said: View Post
    win 7 is by far the fastest way to navigate without going all over to get to the same place,i find 7 easy to use and a basic interface.
    Right click Start Flag or WinKey/X introduced in 8.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WinX Snip.PNG 
Views:	99 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	23933
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,582
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       11 Jul 2015 #167

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (10).png 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	23968
    What's more, if you use the desktop toolbar and hide desktop icons, you have a neat clean desktop, with everything available from a single click from the taskbar:
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 167
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       11 Jul 2015 #168

    ^ That's neat - but why is the Desktop label not the link to open a list of desktop items, rather than a couple of redundant and very thin nondescript arrows next to the Desktop label? Total non-sense-making.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,298
    Windows 10 Professional
       11 Jul 2015 #169

    Delicieuxz said: View Post
    ^ That's neat - but why is the Desktop label not the link to open a list of desktop items, rather than a couple of redundant and very thin nondescript arrows next to the Desktop label? Total non-sense-making.
    Because then it would just be a folder. It has to be that way to remain a cascading menu.
    You can hide the label though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000033.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	24021
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,582
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       11 Jul 2015 #170

    Delicieuxz said: View Post
    ^ That's neat - but why is the Desktop label not the link to open a list of desktop items, rather than a couple of redundant and very thin nondescript arrows next to the Desktop label? Total non-sense-making.
    If you look, it is exactly the same back in Windows 7:

    Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar - Add or Remove - Windows 7 Help Forums

    Those of us who did not like the Start menu limitations, or a cluttered desktop, used the taskbar toolbars long before Windows 8 made things difficult for people who could not live with change.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: Mobile versus professional—thoughts on the Office business - Office Blogs
RAM usage W8.1 versus W10 in General Support
I have compared the RAM usage of 8.1 and 10 in exactly the same (virtual) system. They are quasi identical. 12452 12453
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:37.
Find Us