Windows 10: Contextual click issues
Contextual click issues
Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up.
Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help.
Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get out. It makes doing image editing for photography quite difficult...
This is pretty much what I've tried:
Please download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
- This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
- From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.
- On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
- Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
- CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
- Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.
Last edited by Brink; 19 Jan 2017 at 15:22.
lol Brink, I think you might've accidentally edited his second post stating your resolution suggestion to mystery250. I read the whole thing wondering why mystery250 stated his problem and what he suggests for himself to do to resolve the problem... then I saw at the bottom of the second post: Last edited by Brink
Oh haha, okay that makes sense now. The "Last edited by Brink" confused me haha.
What I can see is that the context menu's horizontal size got shrunk. I don't know what could cause that.
Sometimes, just the first couple options show up, not the rest. Sometimes, they show up, but others won't to the right when I select it. It's kinda random. I'll try to post more screenshots.
Yes please. Try to post pictures of whenever the first couple of options show up. I can see what you mean by that, and see what it looks like, and try to figure out what's going on.
But also try this. It's Windows' attempt to fix itself:
- Right-click the Windows logo Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter: sfc /scannow
Doing that now, Pepanee. Here's a screenshot of just one option showing.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
Seems like a lot of people had this according to: Right-click menu (context menu) contains blank lines or is - Microsoft Community
Check out that thread and maybe there's something in there that could solve the problem..
After the last big update for Windows 10 (the anniversary one) I started having a problem with contextual menus (all right click windows except the ones on the task bar) an in general potion windows, program windows etc.
In general what happens...
remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut.
Source: Contextual sensing in Windows 10 | Building Apps for Windows
My laptop perfectly works fine, I have the touch pad able to move around the screen. The only issue here is that I am unable to click. I have a usb mouse and it is perfectly working and able to click. Its just the touchpad that has issues.
Has anyone else noticed that the Razer Deathadder Chroma all of the sudden goes crazy and every single click counts as a double click? I have tried to change the click speed but does not seem to help. I uninstalled Razer Synapose and reinstalled,...