Windows 10: UAC by-pass programs won't work on 1 laptop
both were installed the same way on the computers that work. in fact, i think that neither really need to be installed.
even if i run them as admin, nothing works. all computers are on 1607 14393.693
Did you disable UAC by chance? That will often cause issues with elevated rights.
nope, everything that I can think of that might cause this is the same on all systems.
Admin status ===
Admin group status ===
ownership = I am not sure what it is on the other systems but I changed it to me in the effort so I was "normal" when this started.
Windows version === it was Home when I started. Did a clean install of Pro but that didn't change anything.
program settings === basically default settings -
Neither program will tell me what the error/problem is
The program was installed soon after the clean install so I don't believe another program is affecting it. Any programs on this are also on the others - except for the hardware drivers and the GPT drive.
I must admit that I'm at a loss for why the programs will not work on that one PC, but at least you have the manual method for now.
You might also contact the program developer to report the issue to see if they may know anything.
he was the first I tried to contact. Not sure if he is still supporting it. I am concerned that it is something about this PC and not the programs. It is still returnable.
How can I get them to work or can somebody suggest a word processing program?
As far as I can tell. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 620 with 4GB of ram, Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. When I left click the "start" button in the lower left, nothing happens. I have the search icon next to it but it too doesn't respond to the left mouse...
I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result...
Ok so i am furious with Micro$oft now! the other day i was FORCED to change my microsoft account after much nagging i did so and i dont like changing logins too much. (this was a week ago)
now for some random reason on earth without my permission...
Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites."
In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear...