Windows 10: Update of Windows 10 failed and boot,restart,power on-off all loop
Update of Windows 10 failed and boot,restart,power on-off all loop
Automatic 17 January 2017 Windows updates from Microsoft caused the following:
1) system unusable i.e can not use it at all
2) workstation does not boot anymore with power off/on
3) reset does not help - system ends up looping forever!
4) can't get into safe mode anymore!
5) right after it started to update Windows update software advertised new features it has
6) first time it did start as usually with my system having two monitors managed by NVIDIA drivers i.e non Microft and networked with non Microsoft drivers:
a) I got one monitor with poorest miserable resolution run by new Microsoft drivers!
b) I was offline with new Microsoft drivers
7) I replaced miserable Microsot display drivers with NVidia drivers which worked before MS drivers!
8) I replaced offline only providing MS drivers with non Microsoft drivers which worked before update
9) restarted - system loops with famous round circle
10) reset - system loops forever
11) power off and then on - system loops forever
12) tried to get into safe mode with F8 and also by pressing Win button and R very long time - system loops forever
First update failing totally, previous Windows update bugs I have been able to fix some how as follows:
a) offline: replace MS non working drivers
b) one monitor: replaced MS display drivers with NVIdia
c) can't start: used restore point
Thanks in advance for any tips!
I had a bigger update automatically download and install today. It said Windows may need to restart several times during the update. It has been stuck in a restart loop for several hours now. Laptop switches on, after about 15 seconds says...
So today, I have decided to reset my pc and it just got stuck in a nonstop start up loop. When I was resetting my PC to it's default settings, it stopped in the middle of the reset and gave me a message saying "Error: No changes has been made" or...
The update creating this issue: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140743)
These are the steps of the loop:
1) My PC downloads this update automatically in the background. I have no option to stop my PC from...
So I have searched a couple of topics about this but no definite fix has been found so I was hoping now there maybe a fix.
Anyway some history, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and it was working okay until I changed the 'theme colour' of...
The a/m problems are back in town. Updates first downloaded till 92%. Then automatic reboot.
After several reboots, update screen shows download = 0% and all the update from 11/11 visible (waiting for installing) and PC reboots after 2...