Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.    25 Jun 2015 #51
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,146
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Looey View Post
    Then Windows 10 won't be adopted by many of them. There is nothing in it for them. I know of lawyer and Dentist offices that I have visited who use home versions of Windows and Office. They haven't purchased contracts from Microsoft for an X number of licenses. You would be surprised if you check out small businesses in your area and ask them about how they feel about upgrading to every OS Microsoft pumps out. You will hear why should I?
    I'm talking about the legality of the matter.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Jun 2015 #52
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Many mafor corporations are still using Windows 2000.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Jun 2015 #53
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    Win7 is on its last legs
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Jun 2015 #54
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Don't worry.. it's not.. and it's far from it. IMO
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Jun 2015 #55
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    My own opinion, especially since I do not have a touch screen Windows device, is that Win10 is essentially Win8.2 -- and by that, I mean that MS has made very minor changes consisting mostly of moving stuff around. For my own uses, I see no real improvement over Win8.1, but I'm still going to upgrade some of my devices.

    Why?

    Because (1) the upgrade is free, and (2) Win7 is on its last legs and I don't want to be running machines on obsolete OSs.

    Is it a "must have"? No Is it useful to have -- certainly.

    And, as others have mentioned, it's entirely a personal choice of yours whether or not to upgrade to Win10.
    Win7 has 5 more years of MS support and it's far from on its last legs. In fact for many Win7 is still a very viable option for basic daily use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Jun 2015 #56
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,146
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by nt62 View Post
    I don't think it is. Don't have a clue why 7'ers use the term WIndows.
    It appears to be deliberate. Almost rebellious.
    No, NT, it's not deliberate at all. I am an excellent typist, and thought it was my keyboard that would add a second capital letter when I started a new sentence or typed a capitalized word. It happened quite frequently in Windows 7. Since the problem disappeared quite some time ago, I hadn't thought about it.

    However, now that I think about it, since I upgraded to Windows 8/8.1, the problem is no longer evident. And now that I think further on the matter, I will say unequivocally that you're wrong . . . it's an idiosyncrasy of Windows 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Jun 2015 #57
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,146
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Many mafor corporations are still using Windows 2000.
    Yep, and mostly because they use some legacy program or other that will not run on later operating systems.

    When our Property Owners Association stepped up to Windows 7, the Tops 2000 accounting program would no longer work accurately on our computers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Jun 2015 #58
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,404
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Win7 has 5 more years of MS support and it's far from on its last legs. In fact for many Win7 is still a very viable option for basic daily use.
    True, but the mold is growing on it now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    25 Jun 2015 #59
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,146
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by FuturDreamz View Post
    It's a typo. I didn't let go of the shift key fast enough.
    Absolutely Dreamz! For some odd reason, this has only happened to me (and very, very often) in Windows 7. It no longer happens in Windows 8/8.1 and 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Jun 2015 #60
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    True, but the mold is growing on it now.
    I agree... but heck.. there will always be late adopters.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums