How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar  


  1. Posts : 55
    Windows 10
       #1

    How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar


    I had unpinned file explorer from the taskbar and now I would like to re-pin it. Is this possible and if so, how is this accomplished please.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,839
    Windows 10
       #2

    robdam1001 said:
    I had unpinned file explorer from the taskbar and now I would like to re-pin it. Is this possible and if so, how is this accomplished please.
    Open the Start Menu, click on File Explorer, when it opens, right click the taskbar icon and choose Pin to Taskbar.

    How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar-000098.jpg
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 85
    Windows 10 Home
       #3

    Open Start Menu by clicking on the Windows icon in bottom left corner or press the Windows key
    Click on the File Explorer icon near bottom left of Start Menu (hover cursor over icon to see name)
    File Explorer will open and button will appear on TaskBar, right click on the button and select Pin to taskbar
    Left click and hold on the button and drag to the your favored position

    Edit: Edwin is fast
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 55
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Thanks, but I should have let you know that I am using Start10 as a Start Menu Replacement.

    How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar-2017-01-01-22_16_12-.png
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 17,839
    Windows 10
       #5

    robdam1001 said:
    Thanks, but I should have let you know that I am using Start10 as a Start Menu Replacement.

    How to re-pin File Explorer to Taskbar-2017-01-01-22_16_12-.png
    Just click on one of them there folders and Pin that to the taskbar.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 55
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Edwin said:
    Just click on one of them there folders and Pin that to the taskbar.
    Thank you again but pinning any of them there folders to the taskbar is not an option. I figured out my issue; I needed to press the left Windows key on my keyboard and then left mouse click in order to launch the original W10 Start Menu. Then your instructions were 100% accurate. Thank you for your time & help, greatly appreciated.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 17,839
    Windows 10
       #7

    robdam1001 said:
    Thank you again but pinning any of them there folders to the taskbar is not an option. I figured out my issue; I needed to press the left Windows key on my keyboard and then left mouse click in order to launch the original W10 Start Menu. Then your instructions were 100% accurate. Thank you for your time & help, greatly appreciated.
    Once you pin any File Explorer object to the Taskbar, it's Target will always be either File Explorer/This PC or File Explorer/Quick Access from then on, depending on which option you have chosen in Folder Options.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums