Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,675
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Mar 2016 #281

    Winuser said: View Post
    I don't know why you feel you got burnt. It is a beta and the whole idea of the beta releases is for us to test. It wiped out my Office 365 but I will try it again after a few more updates.
    Be my guest.

    Out of curiosity, were you able to reinstall O365 without having to reinstall Windows 10? I wasn't.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,447
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Mar 2016 #282

    Wynona said: View Post
    Be my guest.

    Out of curiosity, were you able to reinstall O365 without having to reinstall Windows 10? I wasn't.

    I didn't have to reinstall Win 10. As I recall I removed Office from the computer in my account. Then I rebooted the computer and went into my account and reinstalled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,447
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Mar 2016 #283

    Malwarebytes needs to fix this problem or give you the option of quarantining a program or not. It was a pain getting O365 back and I won't be trying the Anti-Ransomware program until I know it won't happen again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,675
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Mar 2016 #284

    Winuser said: View Post
    Malwarebytes needs to fix this problem or give you the option of quarantining a program or not. It was a pain getting O365 back and I won't be trying the Anti-Ransomware program until I know it won't happen again.
    OK, so it looks like you've confirmed for me that it was the Anti-Ransomware program in beta, so I guess that's what I had.

    The problem for me lies in the fact that Microsoft Office is one of the most used products around, as is Corel's Word Perfect Suite. So, if it were my beta, I'd have tested in-house to be very sure that it didn't touch any of the Microsoft or Corel product. Of course, that would go for Nuance, Cyberlink, and a host of other popular products in every day use.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,309
    win 10 Insider
       21 Mar 2016 #285

    I won't be trying anti ransomeware until it has a proven track record as I think it was why I had an upgrade problem a few weeks ago. This comp has a great record of troublefree updates since Oct 2014 so I am not going to poke it with a stick again!

    But one could say adding a beta to a beta was asking for it! Thank goodness for disk images!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,447
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Mar 2016 #286

    Wynona said: View Post
    OK, so it looks like you've confirmed for me that it was the Anti-Ransomware program in beta, so I guess that's what I had.

    The problem for me lies in the fact that Microsoft Office is one of the most used products around, as is Corel's Word Perfect Suite. So, if it were my beta, I'd have tested in-house to be very sure that it didn't touch any of the Microsoft or Corel product. Of course, that would go for Nuance, Cyberlink, and a host of other popular products in every day use.
    I agree! A little more in-house testing should have been done. I could understand some third party programs causing a false positive but not a program from MS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       24 Mar 2016 #287

    Wynona said: View Post
    OK, so it looks like you've confirmed for me that it was the Anti-Ransomware program in beta, so I guess that's what I had.

    The problem for me lies in the fact that Microsoft Office is one of the most used products around, as is Corel's Word Perfect Suite. So, if it were my beta, I'd have tested in-house to be very sure that it didn't touch any of the Microsoft or Corel product. Of course, that would go for Nuance, Cyberlink, and a host of other popular products in every day use.
    Darn. . .didn't even know Word Perfect was still around, haven't used it since the mid ninties shortly after coming out of DOS, and going into GUI form. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,675
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Mar 2016 #288

    Lee said: View Post
    Darn. . .didn't even know Word Perfect was still around, haven't used it since the mid ninties shortly after coming out of DOS, and going into GUI form. . .
    Word Perfect is what attorneys have used since the dawn of time; mostly because of extensive legal editions. I'm not sure Microsoft went that route; I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

    Having been involved with attorneys since 2011, I got Word Perfect suite so they wouldn't have to convert my MS Office files; however, most of them now use both Office and Word Perfect, so it's not all that necessary any more.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       24 Mar 2016 #289

    I still do book editing, and all the publishing houses I edited for sent me copies of Microsoft Office. I just received three copies of Office 2016. . .lucky me. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,675
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Mar 2016 #290

    Lee said: View Post
    I still do book editing, and all the publishing houses I edited for sent me copies of Microsoft Office. I just received three copies of Office 2016. . .lucky me. . .
    Yeah, you are lucky, what with Office 2016 standalone going for $149 a pop!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 - Updated June 15, 2015
Very interesting quote from this MS site. Also many questions answered and takes a while. This Q&A was updated on June 15, 2015. ...
General Support
Solved Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.
So, many Windows 7 and 8.1 users started getting the notification to reserve their free copies of Windows 10. But what about those insiders who clean installed the Insider Preview? (Not upgraded from an existing system). How will activation...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 upgrade, updates and build releases questions
I am talking about windows 10 release that scheduled for July 29. These question will determine if I get a windows 10 device in the future and whether or not I upgrade. My questions are referring to windows home unless otherwise noted. How...
Windows Insider
Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade
This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of...
Installation and Setup
How will the Windows 10 free upgrade work?
How will the Windows 10 free upgrade during the first year work? Will it be: Once you select to upgrade your computer, your "CD key" will be permanently upgraded to Windows 10, which means that if you reformat your computer after the first free...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums