Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 98
    Windows 7 and 8
       12 Jul 2015 #131

    #Mystere Thanks for the feedback, but if I can't reserve a copy via the GWX app, how can I install the upgrade over W8.1? Will there be a link to MS that can be used from your W8.1 desktop to download the upgrade software?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,963
    All kinds
       12 Jul 2015 #132

    Mustang said: View Post
    #Mystere Thanks for the feedback, but if I can't reserve a copy via the GWX app, how can I install the upgrade over W8.1? Will there be a link to MS that can be used from your W8.1 desktop to download the upgrade software?
    There will be an ISO I guess, download, burn and update just as it was possible to do now. Planing to stay with insider program ? Wander if insider program will still have two speeds ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 98
    Windows 7 and 8
       12 Jul 2015 #133

    CountMike said: View Post
    There will be an ISO I guess, download, burn and update just as it was possible to do now. Planing to stay with insider program ? Wander if insider program will still have two speeds ?
    Not sure, but will probably upgrade to W10 as flagship?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       12 Jul 2015 #134

    Mustang said: View Post
    #Mystere Thanks for the feedback, but if I can't reserve a copy via the GWX app, how can I install the upgrade over W8.1? Will there be a link to MS that can be used from your W8.1 desktop to download the upgrade software?
    You can download the ISO and perform the upgrade from that, which should be available on July 29th as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 98
    Windows 7 and 8
       13 Jul 2015 #135

    Mystere said: View Post
    You can download the ISO and perform the upgrade from that, which should be available on July 29th as well.
    Cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    New York
    Posts : 118
    Windows 10
       14 Jul 2015 #136

    I was wondering...i had upgraded (an actual in-place upgrade and not the iso) my licensed windows 7 (on my Toshiba laptop) to windows 10 by doing it within the windows insider program. Since i did it from a licensed copy, on April 29th, would i automatically receive the upgrade into the final release and leave the insider program and have a legit windows 10?

    I didn't want to stay in the insider's program after release and continue to receive beta images...
    Also, would i be able to also make a legit licensed iso copy to use in case i ever want to do a reformat? (i like the idea of having an actual media to restore from)....

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Jul 2015 #137

    Craig said: View Post
    I was wondering...i had upgraded (an actual in-place upgrade and not the iso) my licensed windows 7 (on my Toshiba laptop) to windows 10 by doing it within the windows insider program. Since i did it from a licensed copy, on April 29th, would i automatically receive the upgrade into the final release and leave the insider program and have a legit windows 10?

    I didn't want to stay in the insider's program after release and continue to receive beta images...
    Also, would i be able to also make a legit licensed iso copy to use in case i ever want to do a reformat? (i like the idea of having an actual media to restore from)....

    Thanks
    Yes, that is what we have been told. (I don't know if it will actually work! but it's supposed to).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,541
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       14 Jul 2015 #138

    Mystere said: View Post
    Yes, that is what we have been told. (I don't know if it will actually work! but it's supposed to).
    It better or I wasted a lot of time. (I am not yelling at you Mystere just voicing a concern). That would mean I have to roll back, then do another upgrade again using windows update. I would also have to do some other things, so I could keep my triple boot legal.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 104
    Windows 7 x64 HP
       14 Jul 2015 #139

    Questions.

    1. Do you guys know how much space will it be needed besides the 3GB announced to do the upgrade? I have an SSD of 90GB and it'll be kind of a pain if I have to move the docs on it to another HDD to do the install.

    2. Do you guys know if the email I'll use will be used during the install and enable an "online" profile instead of an offline profile? I want an offline profile at all cost.

    Also, I had more questions but I forgot about them >.<
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    14 Jul 2015 #140

    Lebon14 said: View Post
    Questions.

    1. Do you guys know how much space will it be needed besides the 3GB announced to do the upgrade? I have an SSD of 90GB and it'll be kind of a pain if I have to move the docs on it to another HDD to do the install.

    2. Do you guys know if the email I'll use will be used during the install and enable an "online" profile instead of an offline profile? I want an offline profile at all cost.

    Also, I had more questions but I forgot about them >.<
    The latest preview Build fully installed without extra programs installed takes up approximately 14 - 18GB of space.

    You can 'sign in' with a local account and not a Microsoft Account.

    When you think of the other questions, shout em out!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10 - Updated June 15, 2015
Very interesting quote from this MS site. Also many questions answered and takes a while. This Q&A was updated on June 15, 2015. ...
General Support
Solved Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Activation.
So, many Windows 7 and 8.1 users started getting the notification to reserve their free copies of Windows 10. But what about those insiders who clean installed the Insider Preview? (Not upgraded from an existing system). How will activation...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 upgrade, updates and build releases questions
I am talking about windows 10 release that scheduled for July 29. These question will determine if I get a windows 10 device in the future and whether or not I upgrade. My questions are referring to windows home unless otherwise noted. How...
Windows Insider
Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade
This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of...
Installation and Setup
How will the Windows 10 free upgrade work?
How will the Windows 10 free upgrade during the first year work? Will it be: Once you select to upgrade your computer, your "CD key" will be permanently upgraded to Windows 10, which means that if you reformat your computer after the first free...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums