I used to go after and still have a ton of downloads for all types of 3rd party apps that now simply sit in folders! I found that no matter how much memory like the 3.6ghz Phenom II and 16gb of ram here doesn't amount to hill if you end up trashing the system reg! This is also why I have a second remote system I use to test thing on there to avoid trashing the main build's OSs!
Now here's something found on the author's site as far as the latest news on the task bar tweaker tool there.
Seen along with the news about updates at 7tt_setup.exe changelog So the thing everyone will be most interested in there of course would be "Added the w10_large_icons advanced option, which changes taskbar icon sizes from 24x24 to 32x32 on Windows 10.".v5.0 (August 22, 2015)
- Windows 10 support.
I want to thank everybody who donated for the porting effort: Mike T, Fraser Ntukula, and other contributors.
- Fixed compatibility with the KB3072318 update for Windows 8.1.
- Improved compatibility of pinned items with the option to disable grouping.
- Added the disable_tray_icons_drag advanced option, which disables the drag operation of notification area items, i.e. makes reordering of items impossible.
- Added the w10_large_icons advanced option, which changes taskbar icon sizes from 24x24 to 32x32 on Windows 10.
- Added the cycle_same_virtual_desktop advanced option, which tweaks the Left click on combined item option to cycle only through windows that belong to the current virtual desktop.
- Added a new option for the disable_taskbar_transparency advanced option, which allows to use the basic theme taskbar color (Windows 7).
- Added Mouse Button Control options to maximize/restore a taskbar item, and to maximize/restore all buttons of a group.
- Improved the no_width_limit advanced option to work for multiple monitors.
- Fixed the disable_items_drag advanced option, which caused the thumbnail previews to not appear.
- Fixed: when the disable_topmost advanced option was on, the start button could get stuck in hovered state on Windows 7.
- A custom icon ("7+ Taskbar Tweaker.ico", if exists) is now applied for the main window as well.
- Korean translation, by Metrics Spec.
At least the installer provides the option for seeing it start up along with Windows or not with the check box. I haven't even run this one since the Vista/7 beta dual boot!
UPDATE: As I thought a new set of registry values had to be added in! The 10 option you find in the advanced settings require a right click to modify the default 0 value to 1 being the binary switch to see the task items grow. You will notice when compared to the default size on the main build's extended task bar on the second monitor.
Last edited by Night Hawk; 29 Aug 2015 at 00:24. Reason: additional information added
^ yeah, I typically test tweaks on my VM, unless I'm just being lazy.. which is honestly what I was with this. I just threw this on my main OS and called it good haha. Thanks for the update w/pic tho!
Note: that the large icon selection only works for additional toolbars , not the static taskbar. The static taskbar is the one at the very top in the image in Night Hawk's post. Its the icons on the static taskbar that need to be enlarged.
They are! Having been familiar with the 7 Tweaker as well as another 7 taskbar tweaker I put this one to work since the first older one I still had stashed was "For Windows 7 Only"! That was another tweaker someone worked up for SF back 5yrs. when first seen. Here's what came when trying to give that a run.
When checking that off to hit the runanyways button the W7 only notice appeared since it had been written for 7 only at the time. Butt for growing all of the icons the view works for the additional tool bars while the 7 Tweaker's advanced reg mod switch I pointed out does seen the pinned items grow.
I put it to the task on both machines after seeing 10 slap the 1600x ? screen res on which shrunk them! This grows them but still won't allow any custom sizes!
So how do you know the main trask bar items grew at all? Compare the earlier screen when only the task bar view option saw the Large checked off where Waterfox and Explorer icons grew but not anything pinned on the main task bar itself. Now look at how the both icons appear equal in size on the task bar as well as the Quick Bar. The Quick Bar icons were always smaller in size there.
ok if that works, and it's just a reg mod tweaker then it should be no problem posting the registry strings for the taskbar icons. Why use a whole program for one line of code....
Maybe that will help find the key that stores the actual size of the icons. When the regkey says small icons, find what stores the dimensions of the small icons key, is it another key or a dll or what?
You have to really go through things there to locate what will likely be found in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and/or KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branches. I tend to think those would fall under the Root branch however since the other is entered mainly for hardware setting changes like switching from Native IDE to AHCI.