Windows 10: Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. Solved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    18 Jun 2015 #1

    Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..


    I just checked for updates in my Win8.1 instillation and I noticed this for the first time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	21798

    Looks like I'm all set and ready to get Win10 upgrade.. anyone else get this yet??

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Jun 2015 #2

    Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved


    Hi Jeff I have that on two of my machines.
    shipinomore
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Jun 2015 #3

    shipinomore10 said: View Post
    Hi Jeff I have that on two of my machines.
    shipinomore
    Cool.. I just noticed it today.. good to know that someone else is getting it as well.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Jun 2015 #4

    had that for a couple of weeks on my laptop, no sign of it yet on my tablet though
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Jun 2015 #5

    I've had that for awhile. I think it was right after I clicked on reserve Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       18 Jun 2015 #6

    Try checking for updates, the window was a little different (two panes) on my Win8.1 install.

    Sorry, I can't post an image, I backed off the two KBs that are associated with GWX since I'm going to wait to upgrade.

    Maybe you could show what Check for Updates looks like now on your machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    18 Jun 2015 #7

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Try checking for updates, the window was a little different (two panes) on my Win8.1 install.

    Sorry, I can't post an image, I backed off the two KBs that are associated with GWX since I'm going to wait to upgrade.

    Maybe you could show what Check for Updates looks like now on your machine.
    Here are some of them.. when I re-installed 8.1 I got about 200 in total.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	21823
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,874
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       18 Jun 2015 #8

    I've had them from the first day they started the action, on my Win7 laptop disk and my Win8.1 desktop.

    On the desktop I decided to re-image to an earlier one, to get rid of all my "Theming" stuff, you know UXStyles, OldNewExplorer, and Tranparency...etc., because all that makes some serious system changes and it's just faster to re-image & update, than uninstall and purge. Anyhow, the Icon came back after one day.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    18 Jun 2015 #9

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I've had them from the first day they started the action, on my Win7 laptop disk and my Win8.1 desktop.

    On the desktop I decided to re-image to an earlier one, to get rid of all my "Theming" stuff, you know UXStyles, OldNewExplorer, and Tranparency...etc., because all that makes some serious system changes and it's just faster to re-image & update, than uninstall and purge. Anyhow, the Icon came back after one day.
    I have the ICON.. it's kinda nice to have it there so I know I'm set for Win10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,874
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       18 Jun 2015 #10

    It also checks your system once a month or so(TrackingDiag) to check compatibility if you have made any software changes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Advance downloads for reserved upgrades in Windows Updates and Activation
The word is that files needed for the 10 upgrade will actually begin downloading before the 29th on systems where 10 has been reserved. Does anyone know if that has started yet and how we may be able to tell? Will these updates appear as KBxxxxxx...
I just reserved a free copy Windows 10 from my Windows 7 Ultimate. My question is that will I get upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Pro or Enterprise? Cause I don't want that underpowered home shit.
It is possible in Win8. If it is possible in Win10, I'd like to know how.
Windows 10, expected on the market this autumn, will be available for one year as a free upgrade to users of Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1, Myerson said. 557951176101347329
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.
Find Us