Windows 10: Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software
Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software
Running Windows 10 on a desktop. Replicated with different keyboards. All of this happened yesterday
1. Shift key in Firefox causes LEAVE PAGE. But no effect in OpenOffice
2. Typing an entry into File Explorer tries to autocomplete but flashes the title and won't allow deleting characters unless Shift Key is held down
3. Hovering over the folder list in File Explorer causes scroll down which stops if the shift key is held down. On the body causes scroll left
4. Same behaviour on Start Screen
5. Holding the Ctrl key without a plus sign causes zoom in office
6. All drop down menus in FIREFOX and other apps appear for an instant then vanish and can't be accessed
Finnish but not finished
Are you sure the issue is in keyboard? Especially items 3 to 5 on your list sound as a mouse issue, broken / frozen scroll wheel. Easy to test if you have another mouse.
I had tried different keyboards and a different mouse and tried them in different USB ports. I also did a soft reboot. Nothing worked.
Then I unplugged all the USB devices and plugged them back in one at a time and it's all fixed - but I've no idea why.
I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa
This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed?
I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to...
Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually...
I found myself unable to log on because typing my windows password was impossible ( managed to do it with on screen keyboard )
the problem is that when i press " i " for example it types "]i", when i press u for example it types " hyu " and very...
So I have many PCs and laptops in my office and they all are connected over the network.
10 laptops on WiFi and 4 PCs on wired connection.
Now the problem is that some of these PCs and laptops don't show up on the network, some do, some won't...
In my Win10 build 10565 file browser/explorer I usually like to set the folder view to sort by date order. This works fine in Win10 directly. There is sometimes a short delay whilst the folder reorganises itself. However if I THEN use a third party...