Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Dec 2016 #41
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 1,834
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)

    Sadly, it looks like you have a faulty motherboard if you are sure the new PSU powers on with the EVGA test connector / paperclip test and you are shorting the right pins to turn on the PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Dec 2016 #42
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,068
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Is this your motherboard? H81M-P33 | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design
    If it isn't could you please find it on the MSI web site and give us a link?

    And is this your CPU? Intel Core™ i5-6500 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.60 GHz) Specifications
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    06 Dec 2016 #43
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Dec 2016 #44
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Sadly, it looks like you have a faulty motherboard if you are sure the new PSU powers on with the EVGA test connector / paperclip test and you are shorting the right pins to turn on the PC.
    Is there any way to tell if my cpu was is also gone?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Dec 2016 #45
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,068
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Do you have motherboard speaker attached? If you do, please remove all of the ram and try to start it. Yes, I know it won't start. I want to know if the motherboard gives a long series of beeps, which indicates the motherboard it doing what it should. But, you will most likely not be able to hear them without an attached motherboard speaker.

    Please also disconnect all hard drives, and anything else attached to the computer other than keyboard and mouse.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    06 Dec 2016 #46
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,068
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    I am assuming the computer tries to start. LED lights come on and maybe a fan starts moving?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    06 Dec 2016 #47
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    I am assuming the computer tries to start. LED lights come on and maybe a fan starts moving?
    Yes, speaker is connected. Ssd, hdd, and gpu are not connected. When I short the pins, there is no beep still. No lights and the cpu fan does not spin
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Dec 2016 #48
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,068
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    Do you have standby power? Are you sure you are shorting the correct 2 pins? Check all of the electrical connections. Make sure they are connected in the correct orientation and the correct plugs. Make sure the 24 pin and the ATX 12V plug are completely seated. Also, no matter how this sounds as I have seen people do it, make sure the cable plugged into the ATX 12V is marked CPU and not pcie. If the graphics card is not connected, make sure it is removed from the motherboard. Plug the monitor into the motherboard.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    06 Dec 2016 #49
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    Do you have standby power? Are you sure you are shorting the correct 2 pins? Check all of the electrical connections. Make sure they are connected in the correct orientation and the correct plugs. Make sure the 24 pin and the ATX 12V plug are completely seated. Also, no matter how this sounds as I have seen people do it, make sure the cable plugged into the ATX 12V is marked CPU and not pcie. If the graphics card is not connected, make sure it is removed from the motherboard. Plug the monitor into the motherboard.
    Alright! We have some major progress here I repeated everything, pulled cmos battery for 5 minutes and replugged the monitor in. There is still no display BUT there are 5 beeps then a reset then another 5 beeps and so on. While the beeps are going on, cpu fan is spinning and my mobo lights are on

    Edit: reseated not repeated *
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    06 Dec 2016 #50
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 30
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedsays View Post
    Alright! We have some major progress here I repeated everything, pulled cmos battery for 5 minutes and replugged the monitor in. There is still no display BUT there are 5 beeps then a reset then another 5 beeps and so on. While the beeps are going on, cpu fan is spinning and my mobo lights are on

    Edit: reseated not repeated *
    To mention, I did not reseat the cpu. Haven't touched the cpu, or the fan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Unable to boot after power outages
Sorry my first post is to ask for help, but I'm having severe problems, I'm not familiar with Win 10, and I need help. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. this morning, while I was out, my wife advise we had a bunch of power outages (10...
General Support
Solved Possible to power on 2 OS at the same time? (Dual Boot)
Hello! I'm wondering if is this possible! For example 1 partition with windows 10, another one with linux. I start my computer and both systems will run, windows 10 as default system and with a simple hotkey, I change my screen to the linux...
General Support
Solved How do I power down during first boot?
Just bought a new windows 10 laptop. Turned it on for the first time. When I press the power button the computer goes into suspend. I want to shut it off, but there is no option to do that during the first set up. How do I power it off all the way?
Installation and Upgrade
eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send
Hi, got new dell computer xps 8900 with win10 preinstalled. I installed eudora to c: a solid state drive with Mbx files on drive D; I can receive emails from my server but can not send--no error messages, just does not send. Can anyone help?
Browsers and Email
Power light on but no boot
This has gone from bad to worse. It started with an error message when I went to close down, to the effect that the Start Button wasn't working and would reset on restart. I restarted; it didn't reset. I could use programs but the Start button still...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums